What's new

Match-up Discussion Oooooh Numbers

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Since some of you wanted to know (and you all love numbers and lists and such), heres what I think for Rain at the moment:
I put question marks next to those I havent had enough experience against using Rain.

Baraka 6-4
Cybersub 5-5
Cyrax 5-5
Ermac 5-5
Freddy ???
Jade ???
Jax 6-4
Cage 5-5
Kabal 4-6
Kano 7-3
Kenshi 3-7
Kitana 3-7
Kung lao 5-5
Liu kang 6-4
Mileena 5-5
Nightwolf 7-3
Noob 6-4
Quan chi 6-4
Raiden 5-5
Reptile 5-5
Scorpion 7-3
Sektor 5-5
Shang 6-4
Sheeva 7-3
Sindel 4-6
Skarlet 4-6
Smoke 5-5
Sonya 5-5
Stryker ???
Sub zero 5-5

In general Rain beats those with worse footsie tools, goes even on those that rely heavily on good footsie tools, (Sonya, Mileena, Raiden, Sektor etc.) and loses to those with good projectiles that move them backwards (except for Kabals iAGB).

He does well against rushdown characters. Struggles more so against turtles, other than SZ.

I rate him pretty highly because:

- 2 connected 4RH kicks is a round won
- RH cancels are effectively a safe 50/50 that takes no meter and can only be stopped by meter or the opponent interupting.
- 4RH has redonkulous reach.
- He can drain meter, which is great against characters like Cyrax/Smoke who will generally do alot less damage meterless.
- No respect armour is a great psychological advantage in a close game.
- 9 and 10f starters that naturally link into RH
- Good anti airs
- Good options against opponents wakeups.
- Lightning can be used to whiff punish alot of things anywhere on the screen.
- Probably most likely character in the game to get you toasty boosts :p

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Foxy and i will always disagree on some of the numbers but that happens in every MU discussion. Interested why you think Kit is 3-7. I think she is miles easier than characters like Lao or Kenshi. I do pretty well against Kitanas in general.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Americans are obsessed with stats. Why do you think there is a counter for how many times you've shot someone in the penis in every call of duty game? :) (I'm American myself, btw)

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
where's sonya

also according to this chart, rain should be at least A tier o.o

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
rain has so much potential, if his d3 was shit and had a low crouching hitbox he would be a tier, his damage armor and meter drain, with RH cancels, i think if they never dashed nerfed as well he would be god, dash up 4RH..... O_O

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Rain goes even with Kung Lao? I know you play both characters but come on...
Armoured RH nullifies any KL pressure and mind games and punishes everything with 50% damage. Block a spin and take the other 50%. Even!

A F0xy Grampa ; What makes you think the Smoke MU is 5-5 other than his EX Bubble combo's pulling his meter off. I would say the threat of a 1 bar reset doing 60%+ off like every touch he can get ties the meter game up nicely for both characters, but i would still say that Smoke will have more meter in the long run which means he can put more damage out. 6-4 Smoke in my opinion.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Armoured RH nullifies any KL pressure and mind games and punishes everything with 50% damage. Block a spin and take the other 50%. Even!
Why would lao ever throw a spin on block? He interrupts all of rains pressure with 21 or 24 which are both safe. Lao can basically stand there and mash 21/24. If rain has no meter he cant do anything but try to use his shitty pokes which dont grant enough advantage. Then once rain has meter just bait the armor once and you're in again. Its a really simple minded MU for lao. Rains hitbox doesnt do him any favors either.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Why would lao ever throw a spin on block? He interrupts all of rains pressure with 21 or 24 which are both safe. Lao can basically stand there and mash 21/24. If rain has no meter he cant do anything but try to use his shitty pokes which dont grant enough advantage. Then once rain has meter just bait the armor once and you're in again. Its a really simple minded MU for lao. Rains hitbox doesnt do him any favors either.
"Why would lao ever throw a spin on block?" This is what i ask myself as soon as im punishing a spin, it happens when you aren't respecting his pressure and trying to poke/push buttons, its a tough call to make but if it happens, it hurts. Rain has a RH pressure game which KL wants to spin out of, wants to push buttons to get out of, and will at some point get blown away for it.

His threat of armour isn't really that easy to just "bait", and its safe to use anyway, he gets free pressure from it, and if you baited it badly thats half your life.

Its pretty good on KL's part, but rain has everything he needs to keep lao on his toes.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
"Why would lao ever throw a spin on block?" This is what i ask myself as soon as im punishing a spin, it happens when you aren't respecting his pressure and trying to poke/push buttons, its a tough call to make but if it happens, it hurts. Rain has a RH pressure game which KL wants to spin out of, wants to push buttons to get out of, and will at some point get blown away for it.

His threat of armour isn't really that easy to just "bait", and its safe to use anyway, he gets free pressure from it, and if you baited it badly thats half your life.

Its pretty good on KL's part, but rain has everything he needs to keep lao on his toes.
No Kung Lao who knows the MU will ever use spin against rain when he has 21. Rain is also so bad at getting in that lao can lame him out if he feels like it. If its 6-4 its probly one of the hardest 6-4's in the game. Calling it 5-5 is absurd. FOREVER KING can you back me up on this one?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
d4