What's new

Online Tournaments Abroad Have Begun to Ban Jacqui

Should Jacqui be banned from online tournaments?

• Total voters
Okay, that's it. I've had it.

1. People on this forum, me being one of the loudest among them, have been asking for the Breakaway system as a whole to be looked at and revamped literally since the game came out, not only because of the advantage it provides to characters like Upgraded Jacqui, who gets almost all her big damage on the ground, but because of the PAINFULLY inconsistent problems with the inputs/dropping out when you're not trying to and not dropping when you are. But I'm not famous or sponsored by Twitch, so who cares what my non-clique ass has to say. I've only been trying to draw attention to how counterintuitive the Breakaway system is since it's conception.
  2. I don't know how this debate went from Tekken Master and ArnKratos being the guys who set this entire debate in motion, somehow turned into YOU being made the face of banning Jacqui, but here we are. Another important issue turned into Brady whining about being persecuted while the two guys who started this debate are literally on the other side of the world. Cool.
  3. I would bet my PS4, my bass guitar, and every pair of pants that I own that you wouldn't have the slightest problem with this if Sub-Zero had a decent armor break.
You want to be mad about people on TYM calling you out? Be mad at me. I implore you. Because over YEARS of listening to you go on and on and fucking on, through rant and rave and uninstallation and reinstallation and scandal after outburst after scandal, about how these people and those people are out to get you and discredit your good name? Guess what? The ONLY ONE who's ever been out to get you, IS ME! And the only one doing anything to discredit you or your name IS YOU.

Also, way to once again go out of your way to try and act like I don't fucking exist, while simultaneously hijacking ANOTHER important subject of discussion and making it a pulpit to preach from while having nothing to contribute to the debate outside of scatterbrained saltiness that you struck out in the armor break lottery.

Everyone, I am genuinely sorry for whatever explosion of this thread this outburst causes. I really am. I honestly hope there's no explosion at all and this just blows by in the wind without a word.
I tried REAL hard to hold my tounge, but it really, REALLY needs to be said, and it's been a LONG time coming. I don't want the rub or the attaboy, and I'm not saying it for the luls or the clicks or the attention. I'm saying it as someone who wants the MK/NRS community to one day have a reputation worth taking more seriously, because it's a home to me and also my 11-year old, who is an avid Mileena player and is one day going to be part of the machine like I am, and as someone who REALLY doesn't appreciate being treated like a fucking ghost by someone they once had the utmost respect and admiration for even when they were at their worst, but has to come here them go on for twelve minutes at a time taking shots at people who aren't paying attention anymore.

You aren't a goddamn martyr or a prophet, you aren't telling us anything we didn't already know, and I am TIRED TO DEATH of this cyclical "everyone's out to get me" paranoid whining, and the little "Certain people...y'know what, nevermind" digs. If you're going to be a professional, BE A PROFESSIONAL AND GET THE HELL OVER YOURSELF.

NOW YOU CAN GO BACK TO IGNORING ME.
I wish you all the best in life.
#DontBanJacqui

I do not wish for an argument, however in your post my point is made. Somehow you actually took a 5 sec line in which I said some characters need to uppercut for burst damage because they don't have a usable armor break vs breakaway and actually tried to point out that I am in some way "hijacking ANOTHER important subject of discussion and making it a pulpit to preach from while having nothing to contribute to the debate outside of scatterbrained saltiness that you struck out in the armor break lottery". There is no way anyone would actually get that from any of my Jacqui vids unless they intentionally are trying to make the person look like they are crying about a hidden agenda. Again, this would be false. The irony in saying "about how these people and those people are out to get you" all while doing something that certainly has that appearance.

Again, I do not wish for a fight and will leave so that the topic can resume in peace. Just wanted to point out the irony here. For what it's worth, I do know how wrong I was and how bad I messed up on every level. I truly am sorry for all that I have done.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I do not wish for an argument, however in your post my point is made. Somehow you actually took a 5 sec line in which I said some characters need to uppercut for burst damage because they don't have a usable armor break vs breakaway and actually tried to point out that I am in some way "hijacking ANOTHER important subject of discussion and making it a pulpit to preach from while having nothing to contribute to the debate outside of scatterbrained saltiness that you struck out in the armor break lottery". There is no way anyone would actually get that from any of my Jacqui vids unless they intentionally are trying to make the person look like they are crying about a hidden agenda. Again, this would be false. The irony in saying "about how these people and those people are out to get you" all while doing something that certainly has that appearance.

Again, I do not wish for a fight and will leave so that the topic can resume in peace. Just wanted to point out the irony here. For what it's worth, I do know how wrong I was and how bad I messed up on every level. I truly am sorry for all that I have done.
Nah. I've lost count of how many times you've made things about yourself and thrown up the overblown apology flag so people feel bad, so you can miss me with that "I don't want to start a fight" shit. You put the video up, you made the instigation, not me.
And you missed MY point, which is that it doesn't take 12 minutes of rambling and carefully-placed snide remarks to make a singular simple point, just so you can hear yourself talk. And then we all have to feel like the bad guys for calling you out on it. If you're going to make a point, go for it, because you are technically 100% right on your point; not having the consistent means to get damage off a Breakaway is a problem. The combat design in this game is full of problems. But if you're going to use it as an excuse to be passive-aggressive with that "Certain people on TYM" bullshit and call people out without actually calling people out, don't act surprised when you get put on blast and make the same apology you've made a hundred times over but never once learned enough from not to do the same thing again and again and again.
Get therapy, find Jesus, rescue a dog, grow a ficus tree and name it Kuai Liang, do whatever you have to do to get your head on right. Because the broken record needs changing, and the "let me get out of pocket and then walk it back woefully so no one blows me up routine" has been old since before you spent all of 2017 shitting on Madzin for being a better Sub than you. Stop it already.

Nah. I've lost count of how many times you've made things about yourself and thrown up the overblown apology flag so people feel bad, so you can miss me with that "I don't want to start a fight" shit. You put the video up, you made the instigation, not me.
And you missed MY point, which is that it doesn't take 12 minutes of rambling and carefully-placed snide remarks to make a singular simple point, just so you can hear yourself talk. And then we all have to feel like the bad guys for calling you out on it. If you're going to make a point, go for it, because you are technically 100% right on your point; not having the consistent means to get damage off a Breakaway is a problem. The combat design in this game is full of problems. But if you're going to use it as an excuse to be passive-aggressive with that "Certain people on TYM" bullshit and call people out without actually calling people out, don't act surprised when you get put on blast and make the same apology you've made a hundred times over but never once learned enough from not to do the same thing again and again and again.
Get therapy, find Jesus, rescue a dog, grow a ficus tree and name it Kuai Liang, do whatever you have to do to get your head on right. Because the broken record needs changing, and the "let me get out of pocket and then walk it back woefully so no one blows me up routine" has been old since before you spent all of 2017 shitting on Madzin for being a better Sub than you. Stop it already.

Be that as it may, nothing in any of my Jacqui vids were about myself nor has any of the past behavior repeated itself in a long time. To lash out now for what I used to do even though I'm not doing it now nor will I ever again seems like ppl cannot move on from the past, even several months after any "Tom stuff". Those days are long gone, never to be repeated. 5 years from now ppl will still not move on even after half a decade of none of it repeating.

Certain ppl on TYM did in fact sell a completely fake story to Dave. Dave thought he was posting an actual true happening but it was just another fake TYM fabricated story. I was quite justified in my two second comment on the vid. Perhaps stop with the fake stories and I'll stop asking TYM to stop with the fake stories.

I do not wish to fight here. I understand your anger with me. I cannot change the past, all I can do is be different in the future.

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Be that as it may, nothing in any of my Jacqui vids were about myself nor has any of the past behavior repeated itself in a long time. To lash out now for what I used to do even though I'm not doing it now nor will I ever again seems like ppl cannot move on from the past, even several months after any "Tom stuff". Those days are long gone, never to be repeated. 5 years from now ppl will still not move on even after half a decade of none of it repeating.

Certain ppl on TYM did in fact sell a completely fake story to Dave. Dave thought he was posting an actual true happening but it was just another fake TYM fabricated story. I was quite justified in my two second comment on the vid. Perhaps stop with the fake stories and I'll stop asking TYM to stop with the fake stories.

I do not wish to fight here. I understand your anger with me. I cannot change the past, all I can do is be different in the future.
Fine. Fair. I'm not trying to be the overbearing asshole here, either. Points made, swords down. And to your point, fuck people who make up fake stories for their own ass backwards purpose. That's exactly the kind of shit that drives me crazy. Whatever issue I may take with you or whoever else, you've soundly defended yourself and cleared the air.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
You two should fuck
Oh, grow up, Detective Tree.
Only reason this man makes me so goddamn angry sometimes is because he's a good chunk of the reason I got into the competitive scene in 2011 the first place. No one wants to see people they've held in that high an esteem turn into the FGC equivalent of Adam Sandler in Uncut Gems. I'm gonna call bullshit around here every chance I get from now on, but I'm also not going to beat someone to death if they aren't cruising for the beating. Completely counterproductive.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Oh, grow up, Detective Tree.
Only reason this man makes me so goddamn angry sometimes is because he's a good chunk of the reason I got into the competitive scene in 2011 the first place. No one wants to see people they've held in that high an esteem turn into the FGC equivalent of Adam Sandler in Uncut Gems. I'm gonna call bullshit around here every chance I get from now on, but I'm also not going to beat someone to death if they aren't cruising for the beating. Completely counterproductive.
I also got into the fgc through mk in 2011 via Tom, Reo, M2Dave, Pig, the TYM OGs and the the Yomi crew kept me hyped in MKX. A bygone era. F in the chat boys.

But bitching at them for getting old and having opinions and trying to be their therapist isnt a good look. Take it from me, the real likes come from memes and bullying people who are bad at the game.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I also got into the fgc through mk in 2011 via Tom, Reo, M2Dave, Pig, the TYM OGs and the the Yomi crew kept me hyped in MKX. A bygone era. F in the chat boys.

But bitching at them for getting old and having opinions and trying to be their therapist isnt a good look. Take it from me, the real likes come from memes and bullying people who are bad at the game.
I have spent a fair amount of the night thinking of better and more elaborate takes on your name, and Constable Redwood is at least a length ahead in the race right now.

...nah, I kid. I'm glad you're also from that era and get what it was like in the before time. Besides, I put over the oldheads because I'm like three years or so away from being one myself, and there's no reason on Earth the old and new gen players can't exist in one realm without eating each other alive. You need the XP and the history to learn from.

And I do the therapist thing with literally everyone. It's why my PSN tag is Doctor Angel. My ma is a social worker who came up in the 80s/90s in New York when AIDS was in peak horror, and she taught me everything she knew about both trying to help people get out of the horrors in their own heads and how Ronald Reagan was quite literally the devil. So I've been the therapist friend since I was old enough to make friends, and I know many things about many souls that I rrrreeeeaaaallllllyyyyyy fucking wish I didn't have in my head. But I've helped, here and there, so it's all good.

Anyway, enough of the fucking therapy sidebar coombaya. Let's get back to Jacqui being a goddamn insurmountable nightmare, Rear Admiral Bigtooth Aspen.

(that's a tree)

(I like telling stories too much for my own good)

(6-4 Kabal)

Even if gg universal mechanics allow for lots of broken stuff and we still ended up with one of the most balanced fg in +r, the game would be pretty broken if everyone was on the level of top tiers lmao. Imagine if everyone has zappa low profile run, 1-10f invul 11f backdash, fullscreen endless pressure and mixup, sometimes 4f massive reversal, unblockable setup, kinda-infinite, and infinite blockstring etc. (though he beats only one character 7-3 despite all of those).
Sure there's limits, but even someone considered low tier like Anji or Johnny has a hell of a lot more going for them them than in many other games, and if you look at the non zappa bullshit it's still amazing what the game lets you do at a perfectly viable level. It's just silly to ignore that games like this or UMvC3 exist or hand wave them as some anomoly when it's really good work on the devs part to get there, and extra frustrating to watch NRS start off on that route with a pretty great attempt, and now suddenly we can't have games like that anymore because...???

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
most tournaments ive seen are won by liu kang and joker.... why are we banning jacqui? also ive run sets against upgraded jacquis and it feels like Johnny Cage and Skarlet win the matchup, so it's not like Jacqui is un-counterable

Bigzo

Noob
Developers go through grief stages when design philosophies don’t mesh with reality. They’re just taking longer to come to terms with Jaqui being broken. They like her overall design and don’t want to damage it too much.

Wigy

There it is...
This ban jacqui thing is more a testament to how slow and ineffectual the patch support has been.

Ill take yolo +26 orbiting bat over this games patching cycle. Geras got how many nerfs to still be top tier? LOL

Jacqui and cetrion barely touched since week one.

Everyone complaining rollouts, what do we get, wildly variable armour breaks with no relation to character balance. Yes lets give half the garbage characters an armour break in their worst variation with no launchers and then give geras one of the best ones in the game. Geniiiusss

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Jacqui and cetrion barely touched since week one.
I think Jacqui and Cetrion have been nerfed twice each.

Nearly all the nerfs in this game have been fairly conservative, but I think it's kind of disengenuous to say that the top tiers haven't been touched.

Wigy

There it is...
I think Jacqui and Cetrion have been nerfed twice each.

Nearly all the nerfs in this game have been fairly conservative, but I think it's kind of disengenuous to say that the top tiers haven't been touched.
My point was more the ineffectiveness of said nerfs, its hyperbole.

Cetrion was hit by what? The universal teleport nerfs, did that make her teleport any less stupid nope, just made everyone elses worse in comparison.

Other than that what? 11 not plus, its still a crazy stagger with a ludicrous hitbox.

V3 jacqui still plays the exact same oppressive way.

Geras got nerfed again and again and again and is still top tier and then they gave him one of the best armour breaks in the game.

You’re either not very good at picking up nuance and hyperbole of you’re just deliberately misunderstanding what im saying to misrepresent. Youve quoted me and done this a few times now.

Bigzo

Noob
My point was more the ineffectiveness of said nerfs, its hyperbole.

Cetrion was hit by what? The universal teleport nerfs, did that make her teleport any less stupid nope, just made everyone elses worse in comparison.

Other than that what? 11 not plus, its still a crazy stagger with a ludicrous hitbox.

V3 jacqui still plays the exact same oppressive way.

Geras got nerfed again and again and again and is still top tier and then they gave him one of the best armour breaks in the game.

You’re either not very good at picking up nuance and hyperbole of you’re just deliberately misunderstanding what im saying to misrepresent. Youve quoted me and done this a few times now.
I agree with most of this, but Geras has the best breaker in the game? I don’t change my breakaway game with Geras because a ton on players mistime the sand trap and, even if they do land it, the additional dmg is negliable. Granted I lose my defensive meter, but his breaker doesn’t scare me at all.

Wigy

There it is...
So what if he remains top tier as long as he is more manageable to fight? He has received a substantial amount of nerfs since the game was released.
Thats a fair point but more saying each patch was so small and ineffective after like 5 different patch nerfs hes now just manageable

Wigy

There it is...
I agree with most of this, but Geras has the best breaker in the game? I don’t change my breakaway game with Geras because a ton on players mistime the sand trap and, even if they do land it, the additional dmg is negliable. Granted I lose my defensive meter, but his breaker doesn’t scare me at all.
It does like 300 damage how is that negligible.

I said one of the best, not the best. Its pretty easy to blow up rolls out and he has good launchers to set up for it.

Also he can blow up erron frost kabal etc trying to armour fb from far away. Its the only armour break that can do this.

Its also a universal special its not on the one shit variation with no launchers like a lot of the cast

Last edited:

thlityoursloat

kick kick
So what if he remains top tier as long as he is more manageable to fight? He has received a substantial amount of nerfs since the game was released.
Some of these nerfs are questionable. The first set of nerfs debatably didn't even nerf his KBs, just repurposed them. His f212 gap is only a significant nerf if a flawless block u2 is in the equation, and even then he can always safely blow you up. The last patch also gave him one of the absolute best and most practical armor breaks in the entire game.