What's new

Online Round Robin Team Battle broken?

AugustAPC

Not For Sale
So, I've been trying to participate in a Round Robin 5 v 5 team battle, but every time the lobby fills up, nothing happens. The game does not start, no countdown begins...nothing. It doesn't give us options to hit "ready" or anything like that.

Anyone else getting this issue?

Lucky_623

MKX XB1 & Cage Family Supporter
You are not missing much..
When it does start- it goes something like this...

Wait 30 min for room to completely fill.... Play your first match... Win.. Go back to the team room.. Find that player 2 on the opposite team left (quit or got disconnected) that match is a draw, it repeats the process of trying to fill the room and start over.

If 1 person leaves for any reason during any portion of the game, it has to restart and refill....
Out of multiple tries at team battles, I only completed 1.

In theory- it is an excellent system. However with Internet rage, sketchy net-code, and apparently no backup system if one or more players should exit during the matches, it suffers and becomes a waste of time.

This is based off my experience and opinion... Hopefully others vary

D

Deleted member 9158

I haven't even tried and I knew it would be a waste of time. A good idea, but flawed apparently

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
When it fills it's dope. Maybe go with a lil squad that way you have to just find half the players? But when I have it just takes forever to till but once it does, it takes about 5sec then it give you like 40 to ready up.

I think all team battles have a pretty big issue right now.

In my experience anyway, I've gone into 3v3's in matchmaking with two friends and never get a full game. Takes hours sometimes and we all leave pretty unsatisfied. It seems like an after thought to me, but hope it gets sorted out.

Having not gone into a round robin yet, does that mode allow you to watch the matches? Like SF4 team battle? Feel like a 2v2 option wouldn't hurt either, maybe keep playing until a team sweeps or something to that effect.