What's new

Breakthrough - Demolition One grenade per combo?

omooba

fear the moobs
wait isnt the Overhea dreactible and have a huge gap in it now. like basically they said even tyler can punish it?
19frame overhead... personally i'm not reacting to that but my reactions are ass and unless that gap is fat enough for me to poke it's not that big a hit. after taking out smokes shit she's the only one with a 50/50 you have to spend a bar to punish and the game doesn't have 1 bar armored launchers anymore. oh and to add insult to injury she might have the best anti armor set up right now

Dedlock

Noob
All Sonya's current grenade combo setups are nullified. Her damage which was already scaled down in the last patch is now going to be like what 22% for two grenades and a run cancel!

Her only decent overhead has been reduced to the gutter and been given a gap that can fit a planet.

Running is going to cost more for mobility know which means she's already at more of a disadvantage to projectile spammers.

Overall, her nerfing was very careless, ruthless and frankly speaking disheartening.

Especially since Kitana keeps getting buffed with every patch and is given new moves and new properties, in comparison Sonya is just treated like trash.

Tweedy

Noob
All Sonya's current grenade combo setups are nullified. Her damage which was already scaled down in the last patch is now going to be like what 22% for two grenades and a run cancel!

Her only decent overhead has been reduced to the gutter and been given a gap that can fit a planet.

Running is going to cost more for mobility know which means she's already at more of a disadvantage to projectile spammers.

Overall, her nerfing was very careless, ruthless and frankly speaking disheartening.

Especially since Kitana keeps getting buffed with every patch and is given new moves and new properties, in comparison Sonya is just treated like trash.
How is 19 frames in the gutter? I mean how can Alien even play? His mix ups were 18 and 17 frames before. That gap doesn't mean as much because there isn't as much launching armor to blow it up, and what is left, requires two bars.

Now i'm not a Sonya player, but after spending 17 seconds in practice mode, I've converted for 27% off of B1, by just using 1 stun and 1 frag. I'm sure you guys can come up with some kind of damage that is comparable to the rest of the cast, to supplement what is still the dumbest setplay in MKX.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
So stun grenades still stay on block and trade with most reversal options in her favor? Omg that poor girl

And no 19 frames is still not reactable for the majority of people

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Not to repeat an old argument I've had a few times with Tweedy. I personally find 18frames around reactable. Only if I know the matchup though.
Maybe if they'd use the same Startup frames for every oh it would be better. I don't see how ermacs 16 frame oh should be more reactable now either. When I think about reactable oh's I think about lackeys b2 or Triborgs b1 now. But maybe my reactions suck

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
People aren't going to react to 19 frames in real matches. Grenades still trade, her 50/50s will still be ambiguous and it'll be way harder to blow them up with most armor now being splat moves, rather than full combos. Poke into grenade still exists. Etc

Demo, Mileena and Cutthroat got slaps on the wrist. Ermac got buffed practically. Alien got nerfed but he'll still be good. None of the top tiers got ruined imo.

I didn't mention Takeda because I don't have a real prediction on him yet.
Finally something logical in this frenzy.

Tweedy

Noob
With all of the universal changes in mind, Demolition was buffed IMO.

She still has an unreactable overhead, she still has setplay that is comparable to day 1 MKX.

Now she has to worry about less mix ups and armored launchers from opposing characters. She might have come out ahead.

Tbh the only reason I say might is because her 1 slight weakness has always been zoning, which received buffs. If i'm wrong, that's why.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I've never even see explosive grenades actually used in combos except in the corner...Oh well
I guess that you have never seen Scar's Demo Sonya matchups. I have seen him using both electric and explosive grenades. He used explosive grenades to juggle away his opponent. Check TCW Grand Finals w/ Sonicfox. He even used these explosive to trap his cornered opponents.