What's new

ON YOUR KNEES- KOTAL KAHN: Kombat Kast Wed at4pm EST, 3pm CST, 1pm PST

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Pretty sure gameplay is a pretty important part.
Different strokes for different folks. For me, a great character can be ruined by shitty gameplay, but great gameplay will never ever make up for an otherwise bland and forgettable character.

Subjective and we haven't seen much of the story, so it seems like jumping the gun to say she'll just be a generic SF soldier.
Of course, entirely subjective. Most things in life are. And I wanna make really clear, I'm not trying to talk anyone out of liking a character they like. You think she's awesome? Great. I am honestly happy for you. I think she looks a lot better than MKX, so it's not hard for me to see how that's possible.

I'm responding to someone who directly called out Jacqui "haters" as hypocrites, which I don't think I'm being, at all.

As for the story and whether she's generic or not -- I already said that I'll be happy to be proven wrong. But what we've seen/heard so far in the story trailer and chapter 1 summary, and seen of her default outfit and gameplay, doesn't leave a lot of room for hope IMO.

If her default costume was some kind of Ronin (Avengers: Endgame) thing and she carried a sword, I'd be FIRST in line to say "fuck yeah, I can't wait to see her in the game!!! She left SF and went rogue! That's a totally new story that's never been done before, and it's gonna make her interactions with other characters so interesting, and it'll give her a unique role in the MK universe!"

Instead she looks like just another SF soldier. Yeah, a powerful one, but who isn't? Cassie, Sonya, Johnny, Jax, Kenshi, they're all badasses, plasma rifle or no plasma rifle. I don't care if she has a plasma rifle or a rocket launcher or a handgun or a railgun, as long as she's "just another SF character," then she's boring and generic to me. I want every character to feel irreplaceable. At this point, I struggle to imagine how MK11 will make Jacqui seem irreplaceable.

If you think I'm being unfair, and missing some very obvious opportunities for her to be different in MK11 from how she was in MKX, and you can tell now I'm not talking about her gameplay or animations, then please share. I'm open to being wrong.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Lol, all these fame-magnets/slime balls around here make my stomach hurt! :-p Ya'll want some shout-out on the birthdays-part of the Kombat Kasts for sure...

Anyway, I came here for that "new" stage/level they showed. The cage with the hyena-like things around it... I mean, what could that stage be in the story-mode? What purpose could it have?

Cassie Cyrus

It's the underside of the Koliseum. Where they load in beasts and then raise them upward into the arena. You can see the big hole in the upper part of the Koliseum
Oh, good catch! Still very curious what kind of story would evolve there underneath the Coliseum, maybe a romantic side-twist with Jade and Kotal? :-P

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Lol, all these fame-magnets/slime balls around here make my stomach hurt! :-p Ya'll want some shout-out on the birthdays-part of the Kombat Kasts for sure...

Anyway, I came here for that "new" stage/level they showed. The cage with the hyena-like things around it... I mean, what could that stage be in the story-mode? What purpose could it have?
You literally want all the attention possible on this site and post all day and you’re calling people out lmao

Cassie Cyrus

You literally want all the attention possible on this site and post all day and you’re calling people out lmao
I don't want the attention, I get UNWANTED attention from some clique, that follow all my negative posts around and act if my positive posts don't exist.

Also learn to take jokes, it was clearly one.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

I know what I'm gonna call you from now on:

Bizzaro Cassie.