What's new

Omega Meterless Hitting Low

seveergg

The Elegant Swagger Beast
Lol good dude, fuck low profiling. Oh you get to attack and defend in one sequence? Hilarious. And before anyone says low profiling makes up for characters downfalls please, enlighten me on what "downfalls" catwoman, hq, and flash have that low profiling makes up for. Its a bullshit mechanic that only helps weak players do weak shit.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Lol good dude, fuck low profiling. Oh you get to attack and defend in one sequence? Hilarious.
I mean, it IS a High.... lol

And before anyone says low profiling makes up for characters downfalls please, enlighten me on what "downfalls" catwoman, hq, and flash have that low profiling makes up for. Its a bullshit mechanic that only helps weak players do weak shit.
Yeah I totally can't think of anything that offset's Flash's strengths. Top tier neutral, without a doubt. Full screen RMS is extremely hard to deal with.

Lol good dude, fuck low profiling. Oh you get to attack and defend in one sequence? Hilarious. And before anyone says low profiling makes up for characters downfalls please, enlighten me on what "downfalls" catwoman, hq, and flash have that low profiling makes up for. Its a bullshit mechanic that only helps weak players do weak shit.
I do agree Harley can go toe to toe with him, Catwoman can deal with him thanks to her high dodge and Flash would be harder if it did hit him while On Your Mark Stance but he can just do it while he recovers, dash and stop and rinse and repeat. Cheetah on the other hand has to play the wait game even harder and still face a severe loss since Darkseid matches her in damage and I would say it even surpasses her and he he recovers fast enough to hit her out of her jump. But it's an interaction I found which still annoy's the hell out of me since it's the only projectile to do so and caught me with surprise online.

seveergg

Why the fuck do we not have a dislike button? It would be most appropriate at times like this.
I mean, it IS a High.... lol

Yeah I totally can't think of anything that offset's Flash's strengths. Top tier neutral, without a doubt. Full screen RMS is extremely hard to deal with.
I do agree Harley can go toe to toe with him, Catwoman can deal with him thanks to her high dodge and Flash would be harder if it did hit him while On Your Mark Stance but he can just do it while he recovers, dash and stop and rinse and repeat. Cheetah on the other hand has to play the wait game even harder and still face a severe loss since Darkseid matches her in damage and I would say it even surpasses her and he he recovers fast enough to hit her out of her jump. But it's an interaction I found which still annoy's the hell out of me since it's the only projectile to do so and caught me with surprise online.

Idc about darkseids projectiles hitting or not. You missed the point of what i said entirely. Low profiling. Is. A. Bullshit. Mechanic. Lol flash has pleennntttyyy of options and rms CAN actually be hard to deal with from any screen distance away. Are you really going to try and tell me flash has BAD neutral? Lol i hopethat was sarcasm because if not youve CLEARLY never played a good flash and also apparently didnt watch ij2 at evo? Yaaaa im gonna go ahead and stick to what i originally said. Low profiling is for WEAK players to do WEAK shit. You dont like what i have to say? Take your ass to the catwoman threads. Im sure theyll enjoy the banter there. Ive said all i need to say. Good day sirs

Poor Flash. It only has a gazillion ways to get in, and an invincible move that avoids projectiles and strings, safe 50/50's and insane damage.... Poor Him:(:(:(:DOGE

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Idc about darkseids projectiles hitting or not. You missed the point of what i said entirely. Low profiling. Is. A. Bullshit. Mechanic. Lol flash has pleennntttyyy of options and rms CAN actually be hard to deal with from any screen distance away. Are you really going to try and tell me flash has BAD neutral? Lol i hopethat was sarcasm because if not youve CLEARLY never played a good flash and also apparently didnt watch ij2 at evo? Yaaaa im gonna go ahead and stick to what i originally said. Low profiling is for WEAK players to do WEAK shit. You dont like what i have to say? Take your ass to the catwoman threads. Im sure theyll enjoy the banter there. Ive said all i need to say. Good day sirs
Not at all, I would never say anything like that. As I said, Flash has an excellent neutral, it's absolutely top tier, and the character simply has no weaknesses. RMS is an excellent button to spam up close to lowprofile mids, it happens all the time and it's a complete bs mechanic and should be removed, and RMS can be extremely hard to deal with from anywhere on the screen, you simply have to hold the very real and very rewarding mix-ups he gets from it.

Last edited:

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Why is this an argument about low profiling, tho? The laser is a HIGH. all crouching hitboxes go under it, so why wouldn't a move that is lower than a crouch also go under it? Despite how one feels about low-profiling, this is whack. I don't even use any of these characters, but there is obviously something off here.

We've got an entire community complaining about SZ's mid 33 string whiffing on crouching opponents, yet people are defending the fact that a HIGH is connecting with hitboxes that are lower than a mid...

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
The whole point of cheetah's stance is to low profile projectiles and advance. This matchup renders it useless. Hopefully it's a stealth change.

They mentioned a change with supe's tracking mb laser in that when you mb roll the system thought you were blocking and allowed mb portion to come out. They said this would no longer happen. I'm hoping this is a trend and they're looking into other weird interactions.

Also, what's with the guy that's against low profiling? I agree catwoman is stupid but that's the purpose of cheetah's stance. I wonder how he feels about low crushing? It might be too much for him.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I thought that this shit was hitting low. I remember this happening in a multiple games and I just thought it was another issue pertaining to joker. Glad to know I wasn't crazy. This shit is obnoxious.

JesterSMX

I thought that this shit was hitting low. I remember this happening in a multiple games and I just thought it was another issue pertaining to joker. Glad to know I wasn't crazy. This shit is obnoxious.
I don't think this relates to joker. You can duck non mb high omega beams but can't low profile with stance when that's the purpose of the move.

JesterSMX

It's been around forever... This dude is either new or played mileena and is trolling.

Low profiling itself is not a bullshit mechanic but the way it was implemented on Flash and Catwoman stance moves and certain character animations leaves much to be desired. I didn't post this to say "Hey Darkseid needs this changed" I did at one point believe it needed change until I noticed how bad it would be for Darkseid vs all of em especially Flash and Cheetah if it didn't work this way. I don't know if this is intended behavior but it seems so since it's the only projectile to behave this way.

seveergg

It's been around forever... This dude is either new or played mileena and is trolling.
Soooooooo lol... Okay let me try and educate you. Slavery has been around forever too bud, doesnt mean it needs to stay around. Also ive been playing fighting games since before you could shit in your own pants. Remember kids, assumptions make an ass out of literally just you.