What's new

Old amazon, new moveset! 02/22/17 stream info

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
I already saw people posting stuff and i'm just gonna collect then, put my angle of view and tide them up for anyone who is interested in Injustice 2 Wonder Woman! ;)
First of her stance is changed to more to the ground warrior style which is bad because no more low dodging. :(
Her walkspeed looks better than injustice 1!
Her j1 and j3 are the same, i think i saw sword stance j2 from inj1 in a trailer but we still don't know tyler was abusing j3 only. Lol
Most of her good old strings are gone.. let's try to put all of them:
  1. B112 (M,M,M) - propably a combo starter in the corner (need confirm) , if it is launching is gonna be unsafe.
  2. 113 (H,M,OH) - maybe it is gonna be useful for combo ender setups and forcing your opponent to stand. Propably safe.
  3. 223 (M,M,M) - pushing away string, nothing special. Let's hope at least is gonna be plus with some pushback
  4. B23 (OH,M) - Good old reliable inj1 string with less range, propably safe because it is a knockdown. I wonder if she will have a b2 combo follow up like inj1.
  5. f23 (L,M) - low combo starter, unsafe string. Looks slow. Old 33 was better. NEXT!
  6. D12 (M,M) - different animation and she doesn't extent her hitbox anymore on second hit.
  7. D2 (M) - DON'T JUMP move. Let's hope it is as gold as it was 4 years ago!
  8. 3 (M) - her sword stance inj1 3 makes it to the cut and now is cancelable and looks damaging! We like it!
  9. D3 (L) - good old low-profiling sweep.
  10. B3 (M) - old b3 with less range.
  11. F3 (OH) - sword stance inj1 f3. Again lasso's f3 was better with anti-low hurtbox.
  12. Grabs are the same but faster animation.
Let's take a look at the specials:
  1. BF1 (H) - lasso whip grab changed from df1. Regular and mb versions looks the same as inj1.
  2. DB1 (Parry) - i believe it is gonna be the same as inj1.
  3. BF2 (M) - her shield toss changed from high to mid which is good for zoning! But her mb version changed from mid to high. So it should only be used for combos on hit otherwise you gonna get punished with down poke. Can be used from the air also.
  4. DB2 (M) - upwards shield toss for anti-air. Can be used from the air also(used to be an overhead but now is a mid.)
  5. BF3 (M) - shield bash is back and only the mb version is safe(maybe plus if you max delay?), seems to have good recovery on hit! Maybe is gonna be used for wakeup.
  6. DB3 (M) - her shoryuken move (propably her new wakeup) with an mb extention grab for damage and a mix up on block because she comes down with an overhead in case you mb it. i believe it is gonna be punishable on both block (first hit or second) situations.
  7. Super (M) - less range than inj1 and it is not gonna be as confirmable as it was.
Lastly her trait (she used to say ''For the gods'' but now she says each gods name depending the buff):
  1. Hail Hermes (boots) : Air dash available.
  2. Hail Hestia (lasso) : damage increase on lasso based attacks.
  3. Hail Athena (shield) : damage increase on shield based moves and shield toss erases opponents projectile.
  4. Hail Demeter (arms) : propably damage increase on naked/sword based moves.
  5. Hail Hephaestus (bracelets) : damage reduction in general.
Not sure about the names of the last 2 because the guys were talking very loud!! Haha.
She looks way different than Injustice 1. I understand almost all the changes: no wakeup safe,no 50/50, no launchers safe, no hitconfirmable supers 40%. I get all that.
But why a random trait? This is my only question and i know i'm not the only asking. Please change it to direction + O to have a gameplan and don't play random :p
Also to balance it make the recovery longer and the activation a bit shorter. If you think this is gonna make OP, don't change it.We just share our opinion :)

I'm glad i saw more info about my princess and i will be waiting to see more in the future.
Please forgive me if i made any mistakes or forgot something important, it is really early in the morning ^^
Discuss..

Last edited:

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
@Nivek nice write up, I actually missed that her Shield Toss is a mid, that is interesting. I guess the only thing to add is her damage seemed similar to IGAU.

Random trait is....annoying. I wish it was a choice of what buff you want but such is life. She seems solid enough as a base so you don't have to rely on trait but I guess you can be quite inventive on optimal BnBs etc depending on what trait scenario WoWo is in. Whether that works as well in practice is a different story, but I am looking forward to trying her out.

Nivek

@Nivek She seems solid enough as a base so you don't have to rely on trait but I guess you can be quite inventive on optimal BnBs etc depending on what trait scenario WoWo is in. Whether that works as well in practice is a different story, but I am looking forward to trying her out.
Her damage looks solid for now.. and i believe with 1 bar and buff trait she is gonna be scary.. maybe they are afraid that some traits are gonna be left out if you can choose them.. but why should you be doomed wanting a damage buff when you have a pixel of life and you get an air dash or damage reduction?? Well then you gonna sing ''that is life, nah nah nah nah nah''!!

Last edited:

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Her damage looks solid for now.. and i believe with 1 bar and buff trait she is gonna be scary.. maybe they are afraid that some traits are gonna be left out if you can choose them.. but why should you be doomed wanting a damage buff when you have a pixel of life and you get an air dash or damage reduction?? Well then you gonna sing then ''that is life, nah nah nah nah nah''!!
Your example of being a magic pixel away from death is the first thing that came to mind in regards to random traits. It could be as you said that NRS are scared of certain traits being left out if we were allowed to choose them. At the same time I feel that all the traits themselves seem well designed enough to warrant use. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

I like the idea of a random trait, it adds a fun meta to her gameplay. I just hope they have it coded so you won't get one when it would be useless, like extra damage when your opponent has under 20% health.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I found it ironic how they made it a thing to mention that Harly's trait had been changed to not be random as many people didn't like it, and then made Wonder Woman's random! I just don't think it's the way to go for any character period. Have power be one thing like others, or controlled via input.

Also my first impression was that zoning will be difficult for her and i'm not completely sold on her default special moveset.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
That's pretty lame that her trait basically suffers from the same random crap that Harley had to deal with. Meanwhile they fix this aspect of Harley lol.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
That's pretty lame that her trait basically suffers from the same random crap that Harley had to deal with. Meanwhile they fix this aspect of Harley lol.
My thoughts exactly, why remove a random trait then curse someone else with it? And then tell us both of those things in the same stream? Weird

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
So have they said how the gear specific moves will be impacted for the whole tournament mode setting? Like, will people who play competitively just not have access to these modified specials? If that's the case then that's a huge letdown. I liked the idea of her "Advancing Shield" anti-projectile but the animation was goofy as hell. The low charging attack was dope too.

kevkopdx

Noob
So have they said how the gear specific moves will be impacted for the whole tournament mode setting? Like, will people who play competitively just not have access to these modified specials? If that's the case then that's a huge letdown. I liked the idea of her "Advancing Shield" anti-projectile but the animation was goofy as hell. The low charging attack was dope too.
lol that advancing shield is the most ridiculous looking move!!!

Nivek

I just thought that she doesn't have any advanving strings..not even single hits.
Ok she may have advancing specials but they are either high or minus without mb.
Back in inj1 you had b1(13) move and string and risky but good whiff punish 23 for advancing tools.Also b2 had greater range.
Ok i agree..give her less tools to control neutral..don't take everything away. :/

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
That air-shield dive special should be part of her base moveset and her buffs should not be random. There are 5 different buffs and trait button can be used in 5 different ways.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I hate the random trait.
Also her lasso grab seems to have way less hit advantage, I saw the oponent getting up as she was finishing one dash in while in IGAU she could dash twice and still be at advantage but I don't think her oki will be her gameplan this time around judging by all these changes.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Each buff should be able to be chosen and have separate cooldowns. Or maybe only allow each different buff to be done once per match or round.

Random trait didn't work for Harley in INJ1 so I'm not sure why they'd use it for WW now. It also doesn't fit Wonder Woman's personality at all. She would never just do something randomly. It at least made sense for Harley.

Having said that, I believe WW will be strong even without her trait. I'd like to see them implement a way to choose which buff you want by hitting a direction on the d-pad and the trait button. Neutral + trait for lasso buff, F+Trait for Shield, U+Trait for Boots or whatever the one was that allowed her to air dash, B+Trait for Sword and D+Trait for whatever the other one was that I'm forgetting.

Last edited:

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I found it ironic how they made it a thing to mention that Harly's trait had been changed to not be random as many people didn't like it, and then made Wonder Woman's random! I just don't think it's the way to go for any character period. Have power be one thing like others, or controlled via input.
still agree
Also my first impression was that zoning will be difficult for her and i'm not completely sold on her default special moveset.
With the RANDOM?! air dash, longer shield bash and a mid projectile of her own I would imagine she will be ok. With this default set of specials she has a safe 50/50 for a bar, or unsafe for combo, that's assuming b2 is special cancelable again.

@Nivek great write up!

For me at least in comparison to what we've seen from some of the newer characters, she looks solid but "basic"

They seemed to take away the tools that made her so dominant at controlling the mid-range.

Hopefully her damage output will mitigate the removal of some of her best tools from INJ1. What I would really like to see is her "gear" ability slide become party of her base special moveset if they are going to keep her trait random.

This would give her more of a mix up option and possibly better movement around high projectiles.

Last edited:

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
@Nivek great write up!

For me at least in comparison to what we've seen from some of the newer characters, she looks solid but "basic"

They seemed to take away the tools that made her so dominant at controlling the mid-range.

Hopefully her damage output will mitigate the removal of some of her best tools from INJ1. What I would really like to see is her "gear" ability slide become party of her base special moveset if they are going to keep her trait random.

This would give her more of a mix up option and possibly better movement around high projectiles.
YEAH BABY, YEAH...

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I know you tweeted a lot recently about WW @Nivek but, did you plan on making another thread here/editing this thread at all? Definitely want to hear about your current impressions.

Last edited:
Good stuff, but here's my biggest disappointment, her air dash becoming a trait. @Nivek is it just me or is it the case that WoWo will be meat for deadshot or even doctor fate? That air dash was critical for fighting zoning characters and actually getting in to fight an up close fight. All i see is a character that will struggle against the heavy zoners, and if she can't easily get in, WoWo is toast. For this reason, I haven't recovered since her character breakdown, and I haven't even pre-ordered. I'm so disappointed.

Nivek

I know you tweeted a lot recently about WW @Nivek but, did you plan on making another thread here/editing this thread at all? Definitely want to hear about your current impressions.
Sorry I forgot about this thread..yes check the one about Insomnia

Good stuff, but here's my biggest disappointment, her air dash becoming a trait. @Nivek is it just me or is it the case that WoWo will be meat for deadshot or even doctor fate? That air dash was critical for fighting zoning characters and actually getting in to fight an up close fight. All i see is a character that will struggle against the heavy zoners, and if she can't easily get in, WoWo is toast. For this reason, I haven't recovered since her character breakdown, and I haven't even pre-ordered. I'm so disappointed.
It felt waaaay harder than Inj1!! You have to fight your way in. But the good thing is that once you dash in from fullscreen,you are able to punish some zoners with the shield toss or shield bash. She can close the gap even when she doesnt even have an air dash if she make the right calls. She is a complete character without her trait, not a powerful one, but complete.