What's new

General/Other Oh the rust...

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Its apparent the only MU I know is Kenshi. Its the MU I play the most and myt lack of MU exp with skarlet is my downfall. I was not expecting to lose to Reno or Viper...They have both gotten so much better and I took it for granted.

I know it wasnt a big tourney and it was just a local with 7 people but I kind of expected to win it with pig being in chicago.

I was so mad and salty because I had enough button inputs to drive anyone crazy, my d4s became teleports, and I was using my old shitty controller cause my dog chewed the chord on my new one the day before. It was a recipe for disaster and my 2 beers before the tournament started were probably a bad idea...lol

It just shows me how much work I still have to do. Great games to all I played. Everyone there has leveled up in my absence. ATL needs to get together and level up much more often @renoRacks

Hey it takes a man to admit why he failed and vows to do better. All you can now do is learn from your mistakes and become a better player from it. How did you do?

L0rdoftheFLY I watched your matches and I kept seen d4 teleports and f43 instead of f4 rd and I thought "that's what I do!" still think you are on of the most fun players to watch and as I learn skarlet I'm watching as much of your matches as I can.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Time to find other players out there buddy.

If you have someone who plays most of the chars, even if its not at the highest level, will be good to improve your game.

better luck next time man ^^

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Everybody knows you're a good player, man.
You just need to do your homework a bit better next time.
And your dog ate it is no excuse that time, ya hear?!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I was watching and I honestly thought your execution with Skarlet was on point at times, especially during her combos. The only thing I have to say is that sometimes I'd be like, "How is he dropping so much shit and why is he throwing out her Blood Drop?"

All the same, you put up a good showing. You'll be going into 2013 looking strong.

Man, I miss your Nightwolf. :(

AssassiN

Noob
Dunno man, you were looking solid against Smargassm.
So I was surprised you lost against Reno Racks, he did have some better counters against Skarlet though.

I don't know how much you know Rain's frame data, but if Rain cancels into his Super Kick on block there is always a hole.
With 4 and 4,3 he has a 5 frame hole, so it doesn't matter if he does his Super Kick or cancels it. There is always a hole and you can armor through it.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I'll play you more sometime, as if anyone really needs any Sheeva experience though, there's only like GGA Jeremiah that plays them at tournaments. lol.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Skarlet's execution is just pure muscle memory for me. The more I do the individual motions, the more consistently I'll do them.
Right now I'm doing xDC~DF34, and xDC~DF3B1 over and over. And then some iAD.
Got blown up online but hey, I'm not working hard enough.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Hitbox will remove all your execution problems. Frustrated as hell you'll never see me d4 into teleport :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I prefer d4, teleport than paying +100 quid :p (and what if one day you win the finale match with a d4, teleport uh ? We never know :p)

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Reno racks leveled up big time. He sure did take it to your Skarlet. I thought it was gonna be you and tre in the grand finals personally.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Dunno man, you were looking solid against Smargassm.
So I was surprised you lost against Reno Racks, he did have some better counters against Skarlet though.

I don't know how much you know Rain's frame data, but if Rain cancels into his Super Kick on block there is always a hole.
With 4 and 4,3 he has a 5 frame hole, so it doesn't matter if he does his Super Kick or cancels it. There is always a hole and you can armor through it.
Yea I know...I tried. Plus with his meter drain I found myself being pressured without meter sometimes. I just remember him throwing out bubble full screen, me trying to empty armor dash and getting blown up cause I only got regular dash...urrrg.