What's new

Officially Introducing SODWA

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ok, so still haven't gotten decent footage to show, but I've got something almost as good: A DEMO!!! It's a pretty shitty demo, due to the free hosting platform and it being a WebGL build, which SODWA wasn't designed for, but hey, you can still see what the game looks like and even kill some characters. You can check it out at https://sodwastudios.com/demo/.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Ok, so still haven't gotten decent footage to show, but I've got something almost as good: A DEMO!!! It's a pretty shitty demo, due to the free hosting platform and it being a WebGL build, which SODWA wasn't designed for, but hey, you can still see what the game looks like and even kill some characters. You can check it out at https://sodwastudios.com/demo/.
That's great! Going to try and play that.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
That's great! Going to try and play that.
Awesome, thanks! It's borderline unplayable, unfortunately, but you can at least see the map and animations. Our normal build is actually already pretty fun, even without abilities. The Evasion mechanic, where it's easier to hit most units from the side or back, makes positioning very important, and the Initiative system makes planning ahead important while also keeping the game moving forward at a good pace.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
We're getting that WebGL demo tweaked to play much closer to our real game. In the meantime, here's our first animated gif showing off our demo map!

For some reason, TYM is having issues letting me post the gif, but here's a link to it on imgur: (you can maximize it for best view). All of the characters have the same idle animation right now, so it looks a little funny seeing them all bobbing in unison.

I'm holding off on the video until we can tweak the attack effects a bit. Right now they look a little rough.

Last edited:

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Our Kickstarter launches on February 4th. One of our backer rewards is going to be an entire exclusive SODWA stream overlay, complete with multiple screens, overlay, panels, etc. Here is the style we're thinking of going with:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Congrats! Do you plan on having these games on like multiple platforms, mobiles or just limited for now?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Initially it will just be an online PC multiplayer game. If it goes well, though, I'd like to do a mobile release. We need more good mobile games that aren't blatant cash grabs or hyper casual.