What's new

Official Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Good Games Thread

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
GGs

DanCock - Dat. Nina.*sigh* -_-

I've gotta work on someone so I have a decent tag partner.
Looking at Xiaoyu... or maybe Miharu for the luls.
My Meegs is sad..& that Dragonov you saw was purely from memory of the week I played T6 heh.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I am. Although I am rapidly losing hope. :(

GGS to:

devildigimon
Mr. Mileena
Bild-Slash

And the other players who joined us in the stream.
If I recall, I recall you using Nina right? I'm not a actual good player but I can help with some tips about her. I have a head set. And it took over 3-4 months for the games basic stuff to click in my head.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'll be on for games later tonight, add slimjimppj - I play Violet/Milf Kazama

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
GGs tonight to Skkra.

I felt more comfortable this time around with the Lili and Zafina MUs. Hitting the lab to learn their staple strings, pokes and punishing option really helped me. All uncertainty was removed; I still remember the very first time we played where I just kept blocking Zafina's SCR 4 without punishing.

Though, I still need to work on ranges. That has been my problem all the time, even in MK. I end up whiffing to much and getting hit at max range too often.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
GGs tonight to Skkra.

I felt more comfortable this time around with the Lili and Zafina MUs. Hitting the lab to learn their staple strings, pokes and punishing option really helped me. All uncertainty was removed; I still remember the very first time we played where I just kept blocking Zafina's SCR 4 without punishing.

Though, I still need to work on ranges. That has been my problem all the time, even in MK. I end up whiffing to much and getting hit at max range too often.
Yeah man, good games. I checked out Jinpachi's movelist once 3-4 weeks ago or something, but it didn't help me worth a damn hahaha. I continually got counterhit by the same shit simply because I had no idea when his strings ended. I feel like that was kind of lame for you... you shouldn't be hitting people with a simple string like that every time... I feel like I did a shitty job as a training partner last night =(

Otherwise, hell yeah, good games. It was nice to finally play again. That makes twice this month I got to play hahaha! That'll probably be it until 2013... I hope not, but we'll see. I'd love another session now that I finally started to understand Jinpachi's strings. Maybe I can get on next week.

I think I lost like 30% of my games to Jinpachi flight~low when he had rage hahaha. That thing does like half life in rage, just insane.

Where are you located? It was pretty laggy this time around. Playable, but laggy. We both dropped a lot of combos... I saw you drop some over and over with Lars that I could absolutely tell was lag. I also had some trouble breaking grabs - offline I break about 90% on reaction nowadays! - but I think my percentage last night was closer to 50%? It's weird, I had a 2 bar connection with a friend in San Diego a few weeks ago, but it felt tighter... I think I broke every grab but 1 that night!

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Yeah man, good games. I checked out Jinpachi's movelist once 3-4 weeks ago or something, but it didn't help me worth a damn hahaha. I continually got counterhit by the same shit simply because I had no idea when his strings ended. I feel like that was kind of lame for you... you shouldn't be hitting people with a simple string like that every time... I feel like I did a shitty job as a training partner last night =(

Otherwise, hell yeah, good games. It was nice to finally play again. That makes twice this month I got to play hahaha! That'll probably be it until 2013... I hope not, but we'll see. I'd love another session now that I finally started to understand Jinpachi's strings. Maybe I can get on next week.

I think I lost like 30% of my games to Jinpachi flight~low when he had rage hahaha. That thing does like half life in rage, just insane.

Where are you located? It was pretty laggy this time around. Playable, but laggy. We both dropped a lot of combos... I saw you drop some over and over with Lars that I could absolutely tell was lag. I also had some trouble breaking grabs - offline I break about 90% on reaction nowadays! - but I think my percentage last night was closer to 50%? It's weird, I had a 2 bar connection with a friend in San Diego a few weeks ago, but it felt tighter... I think I broke every grab but 1 that night!
I think I know what string you're talking about: WS + 4, 4, 1. I normally use just WS + 4 because it's safe on block and plus on hit. But, I like to mix it up and test the waters to see if I can get away with the whole string; the last hit is delayable.

Yeah, the lag was funny last night. For the most part I had no problem. But there were these 1-3 second spikes where the game completely slowed down out of nowhere. I live in Mexico, so I understand if the connection is shitty sometimes.

P.S.: I did abuse throws during the last matches. :p

Skkra

I think I know what string you're talking about: WS + 4, 4, 1. I normally use just WS + 4 because it's safe on block and plus on hit. But, I like to mix it up and test the waters to see if I can get away with the whole string; the last hit is delayable.

Yeah, the lag was funny last night. For the most part I had no problem. But there were these 1-3 second spikes where the game completely slowed down out of nowhere. I live in Mexico, so I understand if the connection is shitty sometimes.

P.S.: I did abuse throws during the last matches. :p
That has to be it. WS+4,4,1. I'll be on the lookout for it next time. I was totally unfamiliar with it. mid mid mid?

Throw away, man. I don't care! I love throws. Like I said, lag was a little iffy at times, but I probably still broke about 50% of them, wouldnt you say? It's weird, I've never been very good at reactionary throw breaking even after playing for YEARS, but literally over the last month, I've suddenly started throw breaking like a machine.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
That has to be it. WS+4,4,1. I'll be on the lookout for it next time. I was totally unfamiliar with it. mid mid mid?

Throw away, man. I don't care! I love throws. Like I said, lag was a little iffy at times, but I probably still broke about 50% of them, wouldnt you say? It's weird, I've never been very good at reactionary throw breaking even after playing for YEARS, but literally over the last month, I've suddenly started throw breaking like a machine.
Yeah, all hits are mid. First two hits are NC. Only the first hit is safe, the other two are launch punishable *gasp*.

As for throws, I'm pretty bad at breaking them myself. I read the window to break them is the same for all throws, but I feel some throws to be breakable even when their animation has just started (e.g. Kazuya/Jin's 1+3 throw); those I can somewhat break more easily because I use the animation to tell what button to press. I keep reading you have to look for the arms and whatnot to break them, but so far I can't really see the arms reaching out most of the time, I just end up knowing I'm being thrown. I don't know if this was any different in T6. But then again I still have trouble reacting to 20+ frame lows, which are considered seeable.

Skkra

Yeah, all hits are mid. First two hits are NC. Only the first hit is safe, the other two are launch punishable *gasp*.

As for throws, I'm pretty bad at breaking them myself. I read the window to break them is the same for all throws, but I feel some throws to be breakable even when their animation has just started (e.g. Kazuya/Jin's 1+3 throw); those I can somewhat break more easily because I use the animation to tell what button to press. I keep reading you have to look for the arms and whatnot to break them, but so far I can't really see the arms reaching out most of the time, I just end up knowing I'm being thrown. I don't know if this was any different in T6. But then again I still have trouble reacting to 20+ frame lows, which are considered seeable.
WOW. OK, if the other hits are launch punishable, I will do much better next time! I got wrecked by that over and over and definitely jabbed it at most.

I don't know what switch flipped in my head to break throws well. I was never very good until recently, but I guess the years and years of play finally made something click haha. When someone throws now, I just see the arms... it's not even hard to see anymore. It almost feels like it's in slow motion. For some reason, a 1 break looks very "long" to me... a 2 break looks "short" and a 1+2 is very easy to tell because the arms are almost at their body.

Awesome set with Smoke_Of_Finland. I was surprised the connection was at 2 bars and still played pretty well. Good set, and I went into the lab so I'm learning when to poke out of Heihachi's jabs, however his db2 ducks high jabs and has good frame advantage on counterhit. I swear the move is like a....

Unmasked Subzero Kappa Test.jpg

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
If anyone plays in the later hours (midnight-4am) please add me on psn: MoshpitPetey
Ive got zero motivation to play ranked anymore with all the elitists that send hate mail win or lose.
Never before in a game have I been told I play "cheap ass scrub characters" in a mirror match. *boggle*

If anyone plays in the later hours (midnight-4am) please add me on psn: MoshpitPetey
Ive got zero motivation to play ranked anymore with all the elitists that send hate mail win or lose.
Never before in a game have I been told I play "cheap ass scrub characters" in a mirror match. *boggle*
Best to find players in this thread:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/tekken-tag-tournament-2-psn-players-list.26144/

I added your name to the list already, I'll see if I can add you. I can use the jun experience :)