What's new

Official SOVA (Southern Virginia) Injustice Ranking/Seeding System

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
To keep the competitive spirit alive for Injustice in SOVA, we took a page out of ATL's book. We also implemented a weekly ranking system. When putting this list together, I used the result of TOTFC #2 as a starting point. This is the initial top 10.

1. Blackula
2. Hatake Osawa
3. Mr Aquaman
4. Evid3ntz
5. Dark Steel
6. TH
7. Fuerte
8. Mr Snow
9. SMP
10. Cross Fate

HOW IT WORKS:
All ranked matches are a first to 5.

You may only challenge a player NO MORE THAN TWO RANKS ABOVE YOU. For example: TH may challenge Dark Steel or Evid3ntz. Dark Steel can challenge Evid3ntz and Mr Aquaman.

Unranked players may ONLY challenge the Gatekeeper #10

If you win the first to 5 you take that players rank and the other moves down.
Example: TH challenges Evid3ntz and beat him 5-4
4: TH
5: Evid3ntz
6: Dark Steel

You Skunk your Opponent: Beating him 5-0 You swap ranks with your opponent.
Example: TH def Evid3ntz 5-0
4: TH
5: Dark Steel
6: Evid3ntz

You may challenge an individual person once a week. That person may challenge you back as well.

Example: TH challenges Dark Steel and beats him. TH moves up a rank. Dark Steel can challenge him back. He beats him then TH moves back down. After that TH and Dark Steel can't have another ranking match for a week.

This also applies to the unranked guys as well. You may only challenge the Gatekeeper once a week. If you beat him and become #10 then he or she can turn around and challenge you as well, but after that you two can't play another ranked battle for a week.

In order to stay on the list you must become a regular in at least one of these weekly gatherings: Winners, Replays, or Blackula's. If you show up every once in a while then I'll take you off the board. I understand people can't make it out every week and that's fine. As long as you're a regular in the community.

You may NOT turn down a ranking match. If for some reason you HAVE to leave for whatever reason it must be done at the next level up session or you move down a rank.

You may NOT play online against someone for a ranking match. This is offline ONLY.

----------------------------------

Beginning the week of June 17, 2013, we will be implementing a new rule.

Currently, the skunk rule only goes in one direction but that's about to change.

1. If the person challenging gets skunked by the person he challenged, he will move down one spot.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Challenge results from 6/11/2013 at Winners

Coma #N/A (Scorpion) def Cross Fate #10 (Black Adam) 5-2; Coma becomes the new Gate Keeper
Fuerte #7 (Superman) def Dark Steel #5 (Hawkgirl) 5-4; Fuerte moves up to #5, Dark Steel to #6
Coma #10 (Grundy) def Ice Angel #N/A (Aquaman) 5-1; Coma successfully defends the gate
Fuerte #5 (Superman) def Dark Steel #6 (Hawkgirl) 5-4; Fuerte successfully defends his spot
Cross Fate #N/A (Black Adam) def Coma #10 (Scorpion) 5-1; Cross Fate become Gate Keeper again
Cross Fate #10 (Black Adam) def Snackpack #N/A (Joker) 5-0; Cross Fate defends the gate and earns the first skunk victory
Mr Aquaman #3 (Aquaman) def Hatake Osawa #2 (Black Adam) 5-3; Mr Aquaman moves up to #2, Hatake Osawa to #3
Mr Aquaman #2 (Aquaman) def Hatake Osawa #3 (Black Adam) 5-2; Mr Aquaman defends his spot

New top 10

1. Blackula / -
2. Mr Aquaman / +1
3. Hatake Osawa / -1
4. Evid3ntz / -
5. Fuerte / +2
6. Dark Steel / -1
7. TH / -1
8. Mr Snow / -
9. SMP / -
10. Cross Fate / new

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm confused. The Coma dude that took #10 won the spot, defended it, and then magically disappeared so the Fate guy can take his spot back be beating some "Colton", who also magically appeared holding the #10 spot???

Are Coma and Colton the same person?

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
No Fate rechallenged Coma who had taken his spot as the gatekeeper and reclaimed his spot, then was challenged by others, thus the curse of the gatekeeper

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
No Fate rechallenged Coma who had taken his spot as the gatekeeper and reclaimed his spot, then was challenged by others, thus the curse of the gatekeeper
Ah ok. So then this "Colton" who was the gatekeeper in the middle of his match up listings must have been a typo or something in the by TS. That must be Coma who won it then lost it to the same person. I was lost when I saw that because I didn't understand how someone else out of nowhere became the defending gatekeeper without taking it from anyone lol.

This is a great idea you guys are doing. Hope you all stick with it a long time.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I really like this, hopefully us DMV guys can start doing this on Wednesdays at the comic shop.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Dark Steel #6 (Hawkgirl) def Mr Snow #8 (Green Lantern) 5-1; Dark Steel successfully defends his spot

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
This is for people who regularly game with us in the Hampton Roads area on a weekly basis. If you're able to come to our area on a weekly basis, you're more than welcome to participate.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Damn I wish I was able to see these matches. Would love to see the high level play from certain chars. Not a single Hawkgirl player in my local scene.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
My pet got sick and I had to take it to the Vet, so after spending my gas money at the Vet, I was like... eh not gonna be able to make it.

Gotta inform people when stuff comes up dude. I had no idea what was going on and just thought you decided to back out last minute. Some other people were supposed to come as well and they didn't let me know either.

ReZo

MKX
Gotta inform people when stuff comes up dude. I had no idea what was going on and just thought you decided to back out last minute. Some other people were supposed to come as well and they didn't let me know either.

I figured since the #10 guy wasn't coming that it wasn't necessary to let you know. I'll keep you informed next time, my bad