What's new

Match Footage - Cyber Sub-Zero Official Match Footage Plus Thread - Post Cyber Sub-Zero Footage Here!

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
@_xFriction bruh, I was laughing pretty hard when Kotal took that 3rd f2 in a row. Lemme ask you about the MU's though.

- F2 ~ bomb beats Kotals wake-up MB OH Sword... But it's inconsistent. I'm not sure why, but I suspect it's something to do with CSZ forward motion (using an f1 for example) vs. Kotals forward motion.

- Does b2 beat Goro's tele-stomp? I know they tend to do it post-breaker, so not there obviously... Fun fact, slide anti-airs it lol

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
@_xFriction bruh, I was laughing pretty hard when Kotal took that 3rd f2 in a row. Lemme ask you about the MU's though.

- F2 ~ bomb beats Kotals wake-up MB OH Sword... But it's inconsistent. I'm not sure why, but I suspect it's something to do with CSZ forward motion (using an f1 for example) vs. Kotals forward motion.

- Does b2 beat Goro's tele-stomp? I know they tend to do it post-breaker, so not there obviously... Fun fact, slide anti-airs it lol
B2 can beat the stomp depending on where you are on the screen

kotal is pretty tough to pin down in the corner just because almost everything he does takes him forward. i'll see if i can find something super consistent.

i really dont get get enough goros in my life so i cant really comment on that. i just revert to my reptile habits of gtfo'ing and playing the f2 game

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
There's a lot to be said about your gameplay, positively for the most part (the exception, if there is one, is purely opinion and its regarding set-ups). I notice you're very comfortable and patient from jump in range, i.e. CSZ's best range, and appropriately reactive for a longer time period than most. I remember you said that's more your play style, I'm starting to appreciate that more. Also, the initial backwards walk "shimmy" CSZ has looks very good.

TL;DR - good stuff

There's a lot to be said about your gameplay, positively for the most part (the exception, if there is one, is purely opinion and its regarding set-ups). I notice you're very comfortable and patient from jump in range, i.e. CSZ's best range, and appropriately reactive for a longer time period than most. I remember you said that's more your play style, I'm starting to appreciate that more. Also, the initial backwards walk "shimmy" CSZ has looks very good.

TL;DR - good stuff
thanx man, appreciate the kind words. i kinda gave up on setups, i use the threat of them more than the actual setup. was hoping to get some offline footage, but i missed Cleveland Clash last weekend. not sure when the next local tourney is as i quit facebook and they usually dont post them here

more JC (le sigh) but this dude played all three variations and knew to duck f2. pt 2 coming whenever YT fucking feels like it.

:coffee:

Last edited:

Noob
For those of you wanting to see high-level Cyber Sub-Zero play, @YOMI REO has a bunch of ft10's on his channel against some great players. Great for MU study if you're into that kinda thing!

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCbFBSBHTKVoM4U0AQPCJqFg
Just finished watchin them all and im sorry but i gotta ask @YOMI REO , are you summoning drones as a reaction? or is there a hidden mechanic i am unaware of for having 3 drones up and not using them? cause there are so many hidden mechanics in this character that i see you always scaling your combos by getting a drone up and never using it?!
I always Summon drones but not for ticket damage, i always get them because i think B2 enhanced is probably one of his best moves in my opinion... Not only is it + on block but on hit it doesnt take away your bounce on the opponent unlike normal version does... not only that its great to punish pokes... other than that i think drones are pretty useless outside trying to catch someone sleeping on a 212 enhanced to get a bomb down... most ppl dont even have a clue that if you enhance the blast of 212 its special cancelable

REO

Undead
Just finished watchin them all and im sorry but i gotta ask @YOMI REO , are you summoning drones as a reaction? or is there a hidden mechanic i am unaware of for having 3 drones up and not using them? cause there are so many hidden mechanics in this character that i see you always scaling your combos by getting a drone up and never using it?!
I always Summon drones but not for ticket damage, i always get them because i think B2 enhanced is probably one of his best moves in my opinion... Not only is it + on block but on hit it doesnt take away your bounce on the opponent unlike normal version does... not only that its great to punish pokes... other than that i think drones are pretty useless outside trying to catch someone sleeping on a 212 enhanced to get a bomb down... most ppl dont even have a clue that if you enhance the blast of 212 its special cancelable
I only use the drones if I use B+2 or F+1,2 as a punisher. I probably should use the more in general. But if you see me not use them it's because I didn't go for a B+2 read during the match or I didn't use F+1,2 as a punisher.

Noob
I only use the drones if I use B+2 or F+1,2 as a punisher. I probably should use the more in general. But if you see me not use them it's because I didn't go for a B+2 read during the match or I didn't use F+1,2 as a punisher.
Yeah makes total sense, i use them for about the same, tho i do like on ocasion to throw out 212 buffed so i can get a bomb down... I only asked because like i said there are so many little Hidden mechanics with this character that i could be missing out on a potential Damage buff or something of the sort, you never know with CSZ... Cheers for the reply man

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Aside of corner launch and following buffed F12 up with a slide for corner carry and a bit of extra damage is there any real use for the drone here?

Drone buffing 212 seems fiddly as having to hold down 2 makes cancel timing really tight. I've watched a bunch of CSZ play and I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone do this effectively.

Also, I've yet to see anyone use B1-2+4 as an ender, which surprises me a bit since it seems to be his highest damage ender... e.g., with 2 drones 111,buffed ice ball,B1U4,far dive kick,NJP, buffed B1-2+4 = either 28 or 30% (i think the latter is with ex ice ball).

Still carrying the torch for this character cus damn he's fun.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Sup guys. Wanted to post some footage of my Day 2 CSZ vs a Kitana. These are only the last 10 matches since its match replay (Was up 25-6. He had some nerve brutaling me :oops:). I started becoming more comfortable with the character towards the end of the set, especially s4 anti airing and use of bombs to read, bait, and punish movements. Please excuse the dropped combos due to lag spikes and the moment when my controller died lol.

PS: About half of those slides under fans were on reaction. The rest were yolo, I wanted to get in. :p