What's new

Match Footage - Cyber Sub-Zero Official Match Footage Plus Thread - Post Cyber Sub-Zero Footage Here!

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I'm almost embarrassed by the amount of matches I've closed out an opponents 10% health with X-ray. I'm glad to see other people doing it lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Here's a few more matches of my CSZ vs Smoke/CryoSub. Should give a general idea on how to play these MUs. Still learning to apply everything, but feeling more comfortable. As always any tips are appreciated. Enjoy the matches!

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Here's a few more matches of my CSZ vs Smoke/CryoSub. Should give a general idea on how to play these MUs. Still learning to apply everything, but feeling more comfortable. As always any tips are appreciated. Enjoy the matches!

Lmao, b2 beat slide. I saw the spacing was perfect and the reads were real, but saying it out loud is hilarious. Two small things, online I get it, reversal slide will punish either hammer, and you can follow up pretty much any air2air jik with slide for that little bit of extra damage. I'll bet we'll eventually build the muscle memory to ji3 xx CDK every time to convert to real damage like Scorpion players and their ji3 xx teleport.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Lmao, b2 beat slide. I saw the spacing was perfect and the reads were real, but saying it out loud is hilarious. Two small things, online I get it, reversal slide will punish either hammer, and you can follow up pretty much any air2air jik with slide for that little bit of extra damage. I'll bet we'll eventually build the muscle memory to ji3 xx CDK every time to convert to real damage like Scorpion players and their ji3 xx teleport.
Ah I have to get that down, air to air into DK! That's gonna be a pretty good conversion for sure once we got it as a routine. Gonna start trying to get it down more.

Yea I made a couple of good reads but that B2 Slide crush was the best one haha.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
I had a good run with Cyber Sub Zero against Maximilian. I thought I did pretty well until I learned what Cyber Sub Zero could REALLY do.
Wow maximilian jumps all over the place.
Just a couple of things I noticed you shouldn't really sacrifice damage to get out a drone (it cost you the first game) and after an ice ball you get a guaranteed drone call.

Wow maximilian jumps all over the place.
Just a couple of things I noticed you shouldn't really sacrifice damage to get out a drone (it cost you the first game) and after an ice ball you get a guaranteed drone call.
That was a total accident in the very first round. I meant to do a dive kick but accidentialy hit down too many times which gave me the drone.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Nice to see some divergent gameplay. I love the use of MB Cryo Bomb. I kind of think if we ever wake-up calling an opponents bluff in trying to bait our MB slide, we should d4 xx MB Bomb. Just so we don't misread the opponents bait and burn the meter w/o getting a bomb out.

Nice to see some divergent gameplay. I love the use of MB Cryo Bomb. I kind of think if we ever wake-up calling an opponents bluff in trying to bait our MB slide, we should d4 xx MB Bomb. Just so we don't misread the opponents bait and burn the meter w/o getting a bomb out.
interesting. i'll check it out after work but most folks i play love throwing out pokes ALL THE TIME so i'd be nervous they'd interrupt it

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
interesting. i'll check it out after work but most folks i play love throwing out pokes ALL THE TIME so i'd be nervous they'd interrupt it
I know wake up MB bomb shit Grandmaster's corner game down pretty well.

The impulsive poking (lol) is making me wonder about using "f2 ~ bomb, f13 xx bomb dud, 114 xx bomb, block." It's possible that vs. opponents who like to retaliate (poke or otherwise), they'll try to counter the safe (???) 114 xx bomb, then we can reversal grab and they're in the system again.

F13 xx bomb dud will combo on hit, freeze jump out attempts, and maybe frame trap into the 11 series. Really all I'm worried about is jump out... But that's always the case with the f2 ~ bomb set-up.

Last edited:
I know wake up MB bomb shit Grandmaster's corner game down pretty well.

The impulsive poking (lol) is making me wonder about using "f2 ~ bomb, f13 xx bomb dud, 114 xx bomb, block." It's possible that vs. opponents who like to retaliate (poke or otherwise), they'll try to counter the safe (???) 114 xx bomb, then we can reversal grab and they're in the system again.

F13 xx bomb dud will combo on hit, freeze jump out attempts, and maybe frame trap into the 11 series. Really all I'm worried about is jump out... But that's always the case with the f2 ~ bomb set-up.
most of the time in the corner i just set bombs and react to what they do. it fits my play style and i get super hard aa'ing attempted jump outs.