What's new

Official Killer Frost Apology Thread

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Aquaman has not won anything since Theo quit the game. Has Aquaman been demoted to high mid tier? Also, Zod has never won a major tournament. Confirmed mediocre?

Some of you fools need to use your brain once in a while.

The Flash community sold NRS a bill the first three months of the game. He was portrayed as a character who did limited damage and who had to work too hard to get in.
Flash had to work hard to get in, but Lord Paulo gave him the best dash in the game.
Based Paulo:D
When it comes to balance patches pako is the man.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
@EGP Wonder_Chef

I'd argue your last point doesn't count, so I'm just going to throw it out. Of your 10 viable points, I'll give you 6/10, assuming I interpreted your first point correctly. You forgot arguably her worst weakness on her checklist though: interactables. I'd argue no character was more boned by interactables than Frost.

I took this character very seriously for a very long period of time, and I discovered and fleshed out a lot of what she's capable of in training mode, and I went out of my way to play as many top players as I could online and off. I feel confident in saying that I have one of, if not the most, complete understandings of this character. With all that said, my argument's always been simple: she is not a bad character by any means, and she's not a top tier character. Not even high. Upper middle tier? Yes. Middle at worst. In my own personal tier list, she's literally just outside of the top 10, sitting at number 11. She's a strong, useful character, but I wouldn't suggest picking her up unless you want to push her to her limits, and even then it would be smart to have a pocket Deathstroke or Flash to deal with her bad match-ups. When pushed to her limits she can end matches off of a single hard-read or parry/anti-air. All it takes is one touch and she can build top tier momentum that Bane and Flash would blush at. Her other limitation is a steep execution barrier that's painfully unforgiving online, so good luck finding an offline Frost to prove what she's capable of.

As for mastering her reset, I'd say I did. I hit it 70% of the time offline, and if I fail I've layered it with an option select that allows me to just go for a 50/50 when I mess it up, so no harm no foul when I drop it. Just saying.
That's the one where you hold diagonally up and if the trait doesn't come out you get there jump that allows for the 50/50 yeah?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
This has been a consistent story with NRS games. Don't get me wrong, I love the games but when pre release testing is poor and post release patches are knee jerk reactions things like this happen. People cry out for patches because of stupid shit found early in the games life, this results in early patches post release constantly changing the game and then we get a final patch 6 months into the games life before the game is really explored. This problem is worsened by the fact that DLC characters were released within that time frame which actually leaves less than 6 months for exploration.

I'm not saying that it left us with a bad game. Its just a turn off to a lot of players who spend time learning something that changes constantly. If only they properly tested the game pre release and waited a year to make any sort of changes with the release of an ultimate edition we wouldn't have these conversations. Instead it's all about machine gun patching for 6 months and then they move on to the next game.

I say less knee jerk patching, better pre release testing and longer support would be a healthy change for NRS games. Also fuck DLC...

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ov
She gets 39% into vortex on her low starter. Man, there is such a lack of knowledge about this character it is crazy. Thanks for the lulz TYM.
Overhead starter is 39% too no?

f3, u3, 2, u3, 11b2~bd3, 2~dbf2(MB), nj2, 2

I believe she's better than many here give her credit for but since the game is pretty much dead at this point she will never get to show it. I still enjoy using her.

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
Ov

Overhead starter is 39% too no?

f3, u3, 2, u3, 11b2~bd3, 2~dbf2(MB), nj2, 2
and for 1% more you replace nj2, 2 with stance switch into f113. for some reason the stance switch makes the f113 end closer and allows you to get vortex. f113 nets you 20 frames of advantage so you have only have 1 frame to do f3, but that just comes back to her execution being crazy for this game.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
That's the one where you hold diagonally up and if the trait doesn't come out you get there jump that allows for the 50/50 yeah?
Yeah. It's easily the best way to practice the link because it's the only way to know if you 1-frame linked the trait animation. Once you get that down it's easier to time the second mb.freeze link, maybe because it's a buffered special there seems to be more leniency for some reason... Basically I've got it to a point in training mode where I can get the trait timing 70% of the time, and I can get the timing on the 2nd mb.freeze 100% of the time.

Not that any of this matters, it isn't like anyone's going to take it to a tournament any time soon, but it's still a totally viable option even if nobody uses it.