What's new

Official Gear Discussion Thread

Not the fake mortal Kombat fans thinking the game was always slutty girls because of mk9 lol

Even the 3d era wasn't as slutty as mk9 yet mk11 somehow is being sjw

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Angelxoxo69, because it's the polar opposite of not just MK 9 or 3D era outfits but classic MK outfits....when you cover up the females like nuns or something, there's a problem. I want variety as well, MK 12 if NRS were smart, they will give us half outfits showing more skin, half covering. This way everyone is happy and you choose what you like.

At any rate, love a lot of the outfits, hate others but wish it was easier to unlock ones WE actually want instead of randoms.

serron

Noob
Can someone please tell me how getting skins & gear from character towers work? I really don't want to go further if completing stages just keeps on give me randon augments. I beat two sets of towers, I paid 75,000 for the third recently.

Should I expect a possibility of skins and gear every time I finish a tower or what?

E

Eldriken

Pick the tower and look at the upper-left corner area. It'll show you what you get after completing all the towers. Press L1 to expand it for more information.

Rewards for each individual tower are on the lower-right corner. You know in advance what you're getting unless it says "random" in the reward description.

serron

Noob
After getting the update for the Switch- I must explain myself.

In pre-patch, the rewards were a stark difference from what was in the other patched console versions. Every tower you completed, you could get 200K Koins and three random augments. I did this for two stages of character towers, thinking I was going to get something at the end of the road for each set of towers. Now, with the update, I must have seemed like a dumbass to others explaining my situation with the pre-patch- I did not consider that the differences would also lead up to how Towers of Time worked. Post-patch, now I am seeing the cosmetic rewards for completing towers.

Now, I have even harder tasks to start with to get the gear and skins in the grind.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Can someone tell me how on earth am I supposed to get those skins that are marked ???? For requirements? If it’s not found in the tower of time and not in the Krypt, do I have to play the story? But I finished the story?? So do I just have to get lucky in the premium shop??

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
My current load-outs for the characters I play:

I am not clever with variation names. XD
Used to call Jade's for F*CK MOURNFUL, but decided against it and have yet to call it something better. :p

serron

Noob
Anybody know if you can find kosmetics you get from the Character Tower from the random tower spawns that come every hour or so?

Does anyone know where in the Krypt to find Liu Kang's Young Justice skin? I feel like I've opened every chest I can find (still have a few soul orbs to unlock) not behind the Kytinn Cave amulet puzzle or a Shao Khan heart chest

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Anyone have any luck finding Skarlet's "ancient blood magic" mask (i.e no mask)?

I saw someone get it through the shrine on YouTube. Is this the only way?

ItsYaBoi

Noob
My current load-outs for the characters I play:

I am not clever with variation names. XD
Used to call Jade's for F*CK MOURNFUL, but decided against it and have yet to call it something better. :p
Got exactly the same Jade as you. Easily her best look. I called mine ‘It Ain’t Easy’ (Muppets reference).

Also, I’ve been adamantly against making characters have a different coloured outfit to what they’re known for, however, your Kitsune Kitana looks awesome. May go for something similar.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I'll try ask in here as well then...

Hey guys, I'm colourblind and need a bit of help here...
Does Noob have a dark purple version of his no-crotch-flap/pants/chest-armour skin?

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Anyone know what amount minimums really trigger something at the shrine in the Krypt? I have tried small and very large amounts with the buff item, giving me jack ****. Or is it really just two sets of random percentages, unbuffed or buffed?

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Favorite gear so far?

Mine is Muramasa for scorpion! More lightsaber katanas PLZ! NEED Sub zero samurai mask! So cool!

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Anyone know what amount minimums really trigger something at the shrine in the Krypt? I have tried small and very large amounts with the buff item, giving me jack ****. Or is it really just two sets of random percentages, unbuffed or buffed?
internet said 75000 for rando gear....100000 for skin pretty consistant for me after 3 mil spent.

Last edited:

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Sub zero samurai mask is in TOT for 2 more hours ppl! STONE COLD REDEEMER BEST MASK 4 SUB LIVE!

Bliss

Noob
Not "Gear" per se; but, a Johnny Cage costume is in the "Store" available to those with Kombat Pack. I guess I'll buy it now since they are starting to release this shit.