What's new

Breakthrough - Goro Oct 4th Patch Updates w/ Goro

Espio

Kokomo
Just for that I've officially dropped Mortal Kombat the fact that I took away punch walk one bar launcher that's stupid
Everyone lost their one bar armored launchers. Mileena, Kitana etc all have to put two bars on it to get a full combo.

You should really stop and think about the context of his other buffs. Paulo stated when you MB punch walk on block you get frame advantage, forward 2 is now a viable speed mid at 17 frames, increased range on forward 3. 2,1,4 is now -2 so with the pushback he can evade being caught in pressure entirely off the full string that has lows and overheads that he can mix up with low fang, command grab, pokes and throws as per before, but more safely.

He now has armor galore on all non-launching armor moves, it's pretty amazing stuff to be honest. Every variation now has a projectile worth using both the regular and ex versions, which is good in and of itself for promoting versatility at multiple ranges.

Tigrar Fury's ex fireballs now have the last two shots hitting mid, a primary complaint of Tigrar Fury players addressed in full.

I suspect in due time people will end up liking October patch Goro a lot more as a more interesting, fun and varied character. Everyone should actually play it out instead of throwing in the towel without even playing the new update and taking time to digest things.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
These Goro changes are amazing, excluding universal changes including the removal of the safe armored launcher. F2 may actually be a viable move now and better range of F3 is just FeelsGoodMan.

Also Tigrar fireball buffs YES

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
@Espio maybe I'll try Goro a little... You make strong arguments.

So to be clear, are we still capable of mb'ing regular pw to combo or does it have to be ex'd first?

DDutchguy

yeah KW may end up being a bottom 5 variation now. Completely useless.
Chest Lunge seems like it's a pretty good armored move now. Starts up quickly, has excellent range, hits mid. We'll have to see. Still, Tigrar and Dragon Fangs are definitely better.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Ok so if I land a raw punchwalk and MB it I can still combo? That's not too bad I guess. As long as every character got the same nerf.

Faster fireballs and MB flame chain hitting mid on the last few hits are good buffs. Goro might actually be decent after looking at these buffs more. RIP flame breath pressure though.

DDutchguy

Ok so if I land a raw punchwalk and MB it I can still combo? That's not too bad I guess. As long as every character got the same nerf.
Seems like it. Let's keep in mind that regular punchwalk is still safe and does seem to still be confirmable into a launcher.

-2 Punchwalk seems like an error. I know the stream said PW is now unsafe and I read somewhere it was made -12.

Color me ecstatic if that's not the case. (I'm at work).

I thought I'd have to give up spamming low pokes cancelled into PW.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Yeah I miss read the patch notes I thought they took away the launcher from the non meter burn
Punch walk so yeah I jump to conclusions like normal

I find it very funny that they nerf Jasons d1 from being -2 but give the same thing to Goro.

PW is now -2 with a 6 frame d1 / d3. good stuff.
FORREAL I DONT HAVE THE GAME ANYMORE BUT IF PUNCHWALK IS -2 IM COMING BACK!!!! P.s i from reading everyone elses comments i think no one in the game has a poke too slow to compete anymore

From the sound of it though me personally i wouldve taken ex punchwalk not launching at all and still being safe so i can feel more like old goro

Espio

Kokomo
FORREAL I DONT HAVE THE GAME ANYMORE BUT IF PUNCHWALK IS -2 IM COMING BACK!!!! P.s i from reading everyone elses comments i think no one in the game has a poke too slow to compete anymore
It's not minus 2, it is minus 5 still, but that's a minor detail.

From the sound of it though me personally i wouldve taken ex punchwalk not launching at all and still being safe so i can feel more like old goro
When or if you get to play this new Goro you'll understand that playing like old Goro is vastly inferior to playing like new Goro in terms of fun and viable strats.