What's new

OBS|KH RattleHead, blind since 11yrs old, competing in Mortal Kombat at EVO 2013

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
After receiving word that there will be a blind player by the name of OBS|KH RattleHead who will be competing at EVO this year (tomorrow in Mortal Kombat), we became quite curious. To some this is old news, especially those who follow "The On Blast Show" and their weekly Tuesday night show. To anyone else though, this may come as new to them, so here it is... with Kombat Houston's Cat and the On Blast Show's JamessMK to his financial aid, RattleHead will be competing at EVO.

Below is an episode of the On Blast Show where they feature OBS|KH RattleHead at the 17:00:00 marker. Learn about how he plays, how he became blind and how he's gotten good with Cyrax.

Here's OBS|KH RattleHead in action!

Credit: KombatHouston

Attachments

Lmao he's blind doing the bnb every time into the reset.
Cyrax I guess would be a good char to play blind just teleport and you know exactly where you are to start the combo lol sick

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Lmao he's blind doing the bnb every time into the reset.
Cyrax I guess would be a good char to play blind just teleport and you know exactly where you are to start the combo lol sick
Yup. And he does the breaker trap too. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Yup. And he does the breaker trap too. Lol

so does he play injustice? i imagine ares would be a good character since he can control the teleports without having the ability to see, it amazes me how he can do that, does he have a sort of blindsight that you know of? like the visual cortex of his brain isn't processing information, but other parts of his brain are, like how if he see a happy image with his eyes he will also be happy, just not see the image himself with the visual cortex? also i can't see video right now so thats why am asking.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
That's impressive as hell. Think about how much awareness he needs just for knowing how much meter he has built up. Insane.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I don't want to sound insensitive, but wouldn't that make it harder for him to hear/play the game?
I see your point, but people are going to be so hyped they are going to cheer for this guy, in the only way we know possible: scream and curse out his opponent, yell "get hype" about 13 times, and my personal favorite "where you at" about 34 times a match

nightw0lf

Earthrealm Defender / F23 MAN
He will be playing with a head set on

That makes sense. This is an amazing story but I can't imagine what it would be like to play against an opponent like this. He is obviously really good, but do you play different because you know if you win a really tough match against a blind opponent that you can't really celebrate it, or do you give the guy the respect he deserves and play to win? It reminds me (kind of) like the situation the other year at EVO when there was that really really young MVC3 player. People who played him would feel bad for demolishing a player under the age of 10, and then when they won would be labelled as the person who lost to the little kid. What are your thoughts?