What's new

OBS|KH RattleHead, blind since 11yrs old, competing in Mortal Kombat at EVO 2013

Somnuse

Noob
Wow dude. If I was blind I would cry and bitch and complain and give up playing video games. What a fucking trooper.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Like many have said before, playing Cyrax mirrors messes him up as he can not distinguish whether he or DJT were throwing out bombs etc.

I don't usually discredit wins but I am discrediting that one. He still made it to winners finals and played a competitive match against Tyrant.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Much respect to the kid for competing and doing well. He did say he didn't want to be treated any differently, but there's no way I would have been able to bring myself to baby him once, let alone twice. And it sucks he ended up having to mirror match, considering how hard it must be considering he plays by sound recognition.

Matix218

Get over here!
Like many have said before, playing Cyrax mirrors messes him up as he can not distinguish whether he or DJT were throwing out bombs etc.

I don't usually discredit wins but I am discrediting that one. He still made it to winners finals and played a competitive match against Tyrant.
THIS ^

Also why would Denzell double baby him? That's a dick move.

Given that he plays by sound and DJT uses the same character that is damn near impossible for him to deal with (like you said above).

I get that DJT needs to use his best character and win the match but why would you double baby the guy?

Ridiculous...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
THIS ^

Also why would Denzell double baby him? That's a dick move.

Given that he plays by sound and DJT uses the same character that is damn near impossible for him to deal with (like you said above).

I get that DJT needs to use his best character and win the match but why would you double baby the guy?

Ridiculous...
It would have been different if the guy seemed to be actually bummed by the babalities, but he was just laughing. I think he was just enjoying himself, so I don't think DJT babying him mattered.

BUT discrediting the blind player is stupid too, as it was pretty much impossible for him to beat DJT

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
And DJT also double babied him.
Dude also mirror matched him to do it too. ):C

Thats by God dirty to do that to a man who plays by sound and then to double baby him afterwards? Douchebag of the year.

Least we got to see him take a round off of Tyrant to prove he's every bit as hype as he was made out to be. That Kenshi blindfold moment was still Godlike despite the troll counterpick outcome.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
hes playin at evo he expects everyone to bring they're A game , stop handicapping rattlehead by sayin babying him was a dick move , djt won evo lots of other people would of gotten babied in his place

shaowebb

hes playin at evo he expects everyone to bring they're A game , stop handicapping rattlehead by sayin babying him was a dick move , djt won evo lots of other people would of gotten babied in his place
DJT beat him, but the babying was completely uncalled for.

shaowebb

Don't be such a vagina, its all just for good fun. Just because hes blind you cant do babies, fatalities? Im pretty sure he wants to be treated like everyone else.
Double babying is a sign of disrespect. How can you not respect a guy who can play entirely by sense of sound in this game? He could have just won respectfully or fatalitied without resorting to the most insulting thing in the game TWICE. Especially when there is no way Rattlehead stood a chance of telling what was happening in a mirror match by sound alone.

fr stack

man people are so sensitive all right , babalitys are part of mk everyones been babied , if everyones so upset about denzell disrespecting rattlehead by babying him , why is noone appalled by whoever put that blind fold on? more disrespectful imo

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
man people are so sensitive all right , babalitys are part of mk everyones been babied , if everyones so upset about denzell disrespecting rattlehead by babying him , why is noone appalled by whoever put that blind fold on? more disrespectful imo
Going easy on the guy is insulting him. DJT went all out and beat him. No excuses. However, adding insult to injury is not necessary. It doesn't create "hype" to do it to somebody who is fucking BLIND. What's wrong w/you?

fr stack

Going easy on the guy is insulting him. DJT went all out and beat him. No excuses. However, adding insult to injury is not necessary. It doesn't create "hype" to do it to somebody who is fucking BLIND. What's wrong w/you?
nothing i just dont like seeing people being treated differently because of something like this he doesnt need to be wrapped in baby clothes hes a big boy

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
nothing i just dont like seeing people being treated differently because of something like this he doesnt need to be wrapped in baby clothes hes a big boy
Read my entire post, don't skim. I clearly stated during the match, go go out all on the guy. Destroy him, treat him like a competitor. Beating him down and humiliating him are 2 different things. You know the difference, you're just pretending not to