What's new

Question NW forces push block, should we be MBB3XXing objects?

Another hot topic for the NW forums!

If a lot of negatives of NW revolve around the fact that he gets nailed more easily by interactables than the rest of the cast. Should NW be spending meter on MB B3 cancelling through them?

Point of argument is if opponents are spending meter to push block staff offense, why can't NW be spending the same resource against the thrown interactables?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Another hot topic for the NW forums!

If a lot of negatives of NW revolve around the fact that he gets nailed more easily by interactables than the rest of the cast. Should NW be spending meter on MB B3 cancelling through them?

Point of argument is if opponents are spending meter to push block staff offense, why can't NW be spending the same resource against the thrown interactables?
Yes against characters that don't get them free!!!! And it might be best if you know you can get the punish.

Ive noticed that too. I dont see alot of people taking advantage of the MBB3 reduced damage going through Interactables
I agree that not enough players are taking advantage of this mechanic.

You gain space on your opponent, reduce the dmg in half, avoid being pushed back to full screen and knocked down. It's the exact opposite of what push blocking is which is also something that went under utilized early for quite some time.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
you arent MB b3'ing objects already.......... Hell yea its a good use of meter, especially to get in on them after they throw it.. Back dashing doesn't always work for me :( Plus, ur stuck trying to get back in, even when it does work.

Last edited:
you arent MB b3'ing objects already..........
You're missing the point completely.

It's not about whether or not I'm MB B3'ing objects. The argument is how much meter NW should be spending in a match to neutralize the negative impact objects have on certain MU's. The point is to remove this as a handicap by using more meter to maneuver the stages rather than using it to maintain offense.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
You're missing the point completely.

It's not about whether or not I'm MB B3'ing objects. The argument is how much meter NW should be spending in a match to neutralize the negative impact objects have on certain MU's. The point is to remove this as a handicap by using more meter to maneuver the stages rather than using it to maintain offense.

Uhhh... Isnt that apart of the point? Your point and my point was in my last post lol!

I'll spell it out for you..

YES, spend that meter then punish the bejesus out of them.... Example you ask? In a set I had with PTW, we were on roof top with the water tower. He had some setup that led to him throwing that bat light at me, i mb b3'd, canceled, dashed, Staff s1 gp into BNB.. All while getting some meter back.. He beat me 10-5 :(

Everything is situational << Meaning Ive spent all my bars like its nothing or,, if I have 2 n a 3rd, half, whatever worth of bar left, ill spend the 2 full bars without hesitation because another bar is already building with the quickness. But im not like most D1cks who like to rush in with all the fancy escrima shit.. Ill mix it up but i mostly zone, so spending meter is ok with me because i always find myself getting it back so quick.

Ive been doing this kinda meter management for quite some time now. This is what i meant by, " you haven't been doing this already"..

Ramble over..

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
If you are in Staff then yes MB B3 because it has an insane reach and it alone without cancelling can land a punish.
If you are in Escrima learn to back dash, save the meter. Hell you can even back dash in Staff, just needs practice.

But then again you are talking about non-guaranteed setups.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Well it depends. If you're going for a punish then go for it, such as on Atlantis. But let's say versus Aquaman, it would be better to just backdash the interactable and save your meter for zoning.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
If the object is backdashable, or can be jumped away from then do that first.

If not, mb b3. If you don't, then you eat the damage plus have to attempt to approach again in a lot of MUs.

I usually MBDC (Meter Burn Dash Cancel/FADC) interactables if I feel I can't react to it or jump it. Especially on debuff (use Bane). I'm surprised most people don't FADC interactables lol, a lot better than risking getting smacked in the face into a hard knockdown. Plus in some cases a FADC into a forward dash can lead to a full combo punish.

If you are in Staff then yes MB B3 because it has an insane reach and it alone without cancelling can land a punish.
If you are in Escrima learn to back dash, save the meter. Hell you can even back dash in Staff, just needs practice.

But then again you are talking about non-guaranteed setups.
Let them throw at us. We must learn the setups, become the setups.

Hruza Da Bruza

Must Mash Harder!!!!!
I agree with @Sajam practicing to backdash intractables is huge for NW, especially if you're in staff. It's not that difficult to do, it's just practicing the timing for it. The few that are nearly impossible to backdash and you should MB Through would have to be The Cars, the Pig (Although it's possible, I did it once at GBS and popped off lol) and the Bike on Wayne Manor. But practicing to backdash is huge for saving that meter (Which all NW players know is needed for big damage) and nullifying all damage in general.