What's new

NW F34 (weird invincibility)

Flagg

Noob
I decided to dust off my super rusty NW and take him for a spin last night.

Played against a Kabal on XBL, and during our fight I did a F34 (to try and catch him with the sweep as he came forward). He nomad dashed, but went straight through me without hitting me.

Im sure this is something not easily replicated and was probably one of those weird 1 in a million chance/situational/hitbox distance thing.

Is there any reason why this could have happened? I know some characters like Rain, Baraka, Liu Kang have moves where they leave the ground for a millisecond, avoiding things like slides and groundpound, but I have no idea why this happened.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Probably the same thing as some characters D3s vs ND. They just go under it.
The situation you explained it probably NW's only way of doing it, but the sweep is full combo punishable, so not worth it.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Probably the same thing as some characters D3s vs ND. They just go under it.
The situation you explained it probably NW's only way of doing it, but the sweep is full combo punishable, so not worth it.
it also might be because of it moving him forward. when raiden supermans at the same time as nw shoulder, they go through each other.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I decided to dust off my super rusty NW and take him for a spin last night.

Played against a Kabal on XBL, and during our fight I did a F34 (to try and catch him with the sweep as he came forward). He nomad dashed, but went straight through me without hitting me.

Im sure this is something not easily replicated and was probably one of those weird 1 in a million chance/situational/hitbox distance thing.

Is there any reason why this could have happened? I know some characters like Rain, Baraka, Liu Kang have moves where they leave the ground for a millisecond, avoiding things like slides and groundpound, but I have no idea why this happened.
well its mortal kombat so this sort of stupid shit happens all the time.i had skarlet standing 3 through ex axe a while ago and ive done a standing 4 with nw by accident thats gone through armored attacks before. nw top 5?