What's new

NRS's new project, possibly MK12?

There's some really weird class choices in this game. Like Kano being a Spirit character, and he's a support role. Literally the most selfish character in the franchise and he has the power of friendship
I've seen a character select screen for the "good guys," but not the "bad guys." Aside from Kano, who else is playable there?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I've seen a character select screen for the "good guys," but not the "bad guys." Aside from Kano, who else is playable there?
Of Bad Guys? There's 2 versions of Shao Kahn, Goro, Kano, Quan Chi, Skarlet, 2 versions of Erron Black and Shang Tsung

Edit: Forgot Noob Saibot, Baraka and Frost

Last edited:

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
So what is the deal with the Story. I watched the intro and such from above. Is it simply it's own thing, the rebooted timeline we got after "Aftermath," or something else?
Its its own thing, but its also kindof a retelling of MK9 and MKX. The story is honestly an afterthought to be honest. Its tired, its rushed, meaningless. The whole development Scorpion saw between MK9 and MKX was summed up in 4 sentences. It isn't Sub Zero who shows him Quan Chi's betrayal, its Scorpion himself who tells himself (because of course it is)

But I beat it last night. At least whats available. The main idea is Shinnok is trying to revive himself by collecting a handful of random bullshit, the heroes are trying to stop him by finding them first. Its just more NRS Avengers dicksucking.

Like not even the dialogue is fun, other than Johnny no character really seems like themself. Johnny tells Quan Chi "Yeah that fight wouldn't get a lot of likes because it was so easy" and Quan fucking Chi, thousand year old Hell wretch says "Unfortunately it wouldn't"

So Quan Chi knows about twitter clout and analytics? Even one point Goro says to Johnny "For now we are friends" its beyond trash lol

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I mean if Tobias is not available, put Vogel in charge of the MK story and characters ASAP. This guy Cianciolo is fucking terrible.

So a bunch of characters search for the mystical magical items that free the big bad... sounds like Mortal Kombat Deception to me.

Stop watching crappy marvel movies, it's rotting your brains.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
So a bunch of characters search for the mystical magical items that free the big bad... sounds like Mortal Kombat Deception to me.

Stop watching crappy marvel movies, it's rotting your brains.
Its tiring at this point. Ok so first they do it in Deception with the Kamidogu, then they do it again in the MKX Comics with the Blood Daggers, then again in MKX with Shinnoks Amulet, then again in MK11 with Kronika's crown. This MacGuffin shit is boring as fuck. Like make Mortal Kombat about the fucking Mortal Kombat tournament again

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Shouldve used Kronika end MK11 by traveling back in time to the first MK Tournament that Goro won 500 years back. Wouldve been a perfect set up to MK12 Ancients, which would have left all of us ninjapron addicts frothing like an adolescent getting a glimpse of some MK9 cleave. Instead, the story is an absolute dumpster fire.

Base Roster Ex.

Goro
Shang
Great Kung Lao
O.G Cryomancer
O.G Shirai-Ryu
O.G Tarkatan etcetera

You already have all these clans and races established, why do we need the same fn re-hash of the exact same character? Can easily facsimile move sets based off tribe/race similarities and flesh out a story that's deeper than a puddle of piss.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Shouldve used Kronika end MK11 by traveling back in time to the first MK Tournament that Goro won 500 years back. Wouldve been a perfect set up to MK12 Ancients, which would have left all of us ninjapron addicts frothing like an adolescent getting a glimpse of some MK9 cleave. Instead, the story is an absolute dumpster fire.

Base Roster Ex.

Goro
Shang
Great Kung Lao
O.G Cryomancer
O.G Shirai-Ryu
O.G Tarkatan etcetera

You already have all these clans and races established, why do we need the same fn re-hash of the exact same character? Can easily facsimile move sets based off tribe/race similarities and flesh out a story that's deeper than a puddle of piss.

This would be awesome. I really hope they do it, even if the odds are against it. I'd love to see what NRS can do with a chance to make a ton of new characters, and have more freedom in their character design.

Its its own thing, but its also kindof a retelling of MK9 and MKX. The story is honestly an afterthought to be honest. Its tired, its rushed, meaningless.
That sounds like a mobile game's story to me, honestly.

Its tiring at this point. Ok so first they do it in Deception with the Kamidogu, then they do it again in the MKX Comics with the Blood Daggers, then again in MKX with Shinnoks Amulet, then again in MK11 with Kronika's crown.
I don't like the 3D era at all, so I'm not going to comment on "Deception." I didn't have an issue with the Kamidougu Daggers in the comics, as it was a different take on them and also a slight nostalgia trip (the comics are also not canon any longer).

I didn't see Shinnok's Amulet as a problem itself in Mortal Kombat X as it's been a powerful artifact and defining point of the character before. I also didn't mind Kronika's Crown at all, as the character has been resetting time who knows how many times and had a very good handle on what she was doing.

Having said all that, I'd love a simple and proper tournament again.

Wow the story is literally pure Marvel dick riding laziness again. Guess this kills any hope of a next MK game getting a good story, or ever. And Dominic is proud of this…

We could have had a tournament story after X. But that would mean Outworld are the defenders and Earthrealm is the invading force.

But that would Earthrealm heroes have to job to Outworld characters and we can't have that. Earthrealm gotta win forever and ever.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
We could have had a tournament story after X. But that would mean Outworld are the defenders and Earthrealm is the invading force.

But that would Earthrealm heroes have to job to Outworld characters and we can't have that. Earthrealm gotta win forever and ever.
For me personally, the biggest cocktease in all of Mortal Kombat was Bo Rai Cho's ending

This would have been a legendary breath of fresh air. But nah, Dommy wanted time travel wizard gods

For me personally, the biggest cocktease in all of Mortal Kombat was Bo Rai Cho's ending
Klassic Tower endings are not canon in the current trilogy (though they can reference canonical material), so I never recommend reading into them.

Mortal Kombat (2011) ended with Quan talking to Shinnok about manipulating Shao, so I expected Mortal Kombat X was going to focus on the NetherRealm invasion and retell Mortal Kombat Gold. Instead they did that for the first Chapter, then focused on the Outworld civil war (the best plotline in the modern trilogy, in my opinion) for half the game, then Shinnok's resurgence for the remainder.

The game ends with Dark Raiden threatening Lui Kang, Kitana, and the NetherRealm. Based on how the story transitioned from 9 to 10, I expected a single Chapter of Mortal Kombat 11 to focus on Earthrealm being an aggressor against NetherRealm, then something new, and coincidentally they did exactly that.

With the trilogy being done, and with us actually getting a Story Expansion for the first time ever, I'm expecting things will be different next game formula-wise. We'll see if I'm right. I know most people are figuring the Fire God Liu Kang ending is the correct one and the game will pick up from there, which is possible, of course.