What's new

NRS/WB Games Presents $50,000 Pot Bonus for MKXL at EVO 2016 + Upcoming News?!

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
50K Prise money and all the sets are Bo3... that is just so stoooooopid. You may as well just flip a coin. Why on EARTH is it Bo3?

That got me wondering how much they got/have left from those DLC skins, I'd like ESL to stay awhile longer..
I really hope ESL4 is going to be a thing, I even hope that ESL MKx will continue after Injustice Launch and we get ESL_mkx and ESL_i2 at the same time.

I'd take Fujin and if they want to get lazy another 3 in one character Baraka, Rain & Sindel
I would be happy with some new/classic Arenas and new stage Fatalities for existing stages

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'd love to see what'd happen if they rewarded the fans asking for KP3 by dropping a pack of (4) only guest characters, haha.

I have a feeling I'd need a bunch of sandbags and a military helmet to get through the aftermath :cool:

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
If there really is a KP3, I hope Fujin and Noob Saibot make it in. I feel like they both have a high probability of making the cut, but my luck I'll have to wait until MK11 for Noob.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
why dose eveyone want Fujin? I mean what personality and interest dose he have, where is the fandom coming from? Noob I get... but Fujin? It just seams so arbitrary.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
50k pot bonus for what was it? a 200 man event? crazy. I mean that is crazy.
Already over twice that amount have registered. Will be even more by the time registration closes.

I thought 16 Bit said they were done patching MKX though. Would they introduce 4 more characters without patching the game again?
No, he has never said that. People need to stop saying this

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I thought the announcement was the $50k. There isn't going to be another announcement, that was it.

For me it's kind of a bummer because I'd prefer a KP3 or even another patch over a pot bonus to a tournament I'm not even going to attend any day.

Having said that, I'm glad NRS is supporting the competitive scene and I look forward to what will happen with injustice 2. Maybe we might see some of that NRS money come down our way in Australiasia.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Incredible! The way NRS goes right now really makes me glad! Especially that they want to keep mkx alive. Mr. Boon I respect you!

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I thought the announcement was the $50k. There isn't going to be another announcement, that was it.

For me it's kind of a bummer because I'd prefer a KP3 or even another patch over a pot bonus to a tournament I'm not even going to attend any day.

Having said that, I'm glad NRS is supporting the competitive scene and I look forward to what will happen with injustice 2. Maybe we might see some of that NRS money come down our way in Australiasia.
I wouldn't be so sure. It would be odd to throw money like this when they have no intention of further content. I think they may be using the pot bonus to buy some publicity for a reveal at EVO

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I wouldn't be so sure. It would be odd to throw money like this when they have no intention of further content. I think they may be using the pot bonus to buy some publicity for a reveal at EVO
I mean it'd be awesome if there's more, but I'm being realistic. I honestly don't think there's gonna be more but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Guys as much as we would love a KP3 I'd put my money on the news just being the announcement of one last ESL season. It makes the most sense unfortunately.