What's new

NRS Staff's Favorite Fatalities (Johnny's 2nd Fatality Premiere)

The NRS staff spill the beans on their favorite fatalities in MK11. While it could have been predicted that Ed Boon was going to pick Scorpion's great spear fatality, a few others agree that Johnny takes the cake with his ridiculous ones.

I'm not the biggest fatality fanatic, but yeah, both of Johnny's are my favorite in MK11 without question.
So good lol.

Last edited:

Comments

Wow. Overboard much? It's all in good fun. And don't group others into this "we" nonsense. Your opinion doesn't govern everyone else's.

It seems the majority in the thread enjoyed it.
I think you need English lessons. "We" in the context of my statement was not to include others in my opinion, this is why it had a full stop after the opinion and the next sentence used the word "we" while talking a completely different point.

New fatality is great... that video though sucked badly. There is no need for them to lie and be full of shit. It is no surprise that only revealed stuff (apart from the final one) was their "favourites". The entire video felt contrived and disingenuous. We are fans, we do not need all that bullshit.. you could have just shown the fatality and talked about some of the others.. no need to just put out a bunch of BS marketing tripe.
They might not have a choice. They are owned by WB, and WB markets aggressively if they feel/want something to make a lot of money.

Anyone who doesn’t think Johnny Cage is the best fucking character ever, I just do not understand you at all. At ALL.
My OG favorite. I loved him in MK 2 (my first MK). Most of my friends liked Liu Kang (because of Bruce Lee). But in those days, i was crazy about Jean Claude van Damme and Johnny was based on him. So i naturally gravitated towards him. Unfortunately, he is a shadow of his former self these days. They have turned him into comic relief. I hate to say it but my friends were right, Liu Kang is better. I feel like i wasted my childhood by playing this clown instead of Liu lol. But i will rectify this mistake in MK11.

I think you need English lessons. "We" in the context of my statement was not to include others in my opinion, this is why it had a full stop after the opinion and the next sentence used the word "we" while talking a completely different point.
Doesn't change the fact that your entire post was aggressive and over the top for no reason whatsoever. All they did was post a video and you act like they committed a whole fckn crime. You wanna get mad because they said a fatality was their favorite and you don't believe them lmfao what.

The game comes out in less than 2 weeks and this is what we're complaining about? Of all things.

lmao that's hilarious. I lol the first time I watched it haha. Maybe cause I've practiced Ventriloquism and it can get silly at times but I find that disturbing and hilarious at the same time cause it's So Johnny Cage :D

Reactions: Zev
Doesn't change the fact that your entire post was aggressive and over the top for no reason whatsoever. All they did was post a video and you act like they committed a whole fckn crime. You wanna get mad because they said a fatality was their favorite and you don't believe them lmfao what.

The game comes out in less than 2 weeks and this is what we're complaining about? Of all things.
Some people, kids usually, are so used to listening to spin doctored tripe coming from advertisers and their cynical "newspeak" that they think it is totally normal. It's not. It is fucking disgraceful. Insulting and borderline dishonest.

My OG favorite. I loved him in MK 2 (my first MK). Most of my friends liked Liu Kang (because of Bruce Lee). But in those days, i was crazy about Jean Claude van Damme and Johnny was based on him. So i naturally gravitated towards him. Unfortunately, he is a shadow of his former self these days. They have turned him into comic relief. I hate to say it but my friends were right, Liu Kang is better. I feel like i wasted my childhood by playing this clown instead of Liu lol. But i will rectify this mistake in MK11.
The guy wore sunglasses and nutpunched people since Mk1. his endings were just about him making movies lol. His mk11 is his best version ever. Just because he has a sense of humor and doesn't take things as serious, doesn't mean he isn't a good guy and can't kick some ass. Even in the first movie he's the comedic relief, but still a true hero. Only went to the tournament to prove people like you wrong.

Some people, kids usually, are so used to listening to spin doctored tripe coming from advertisers and their cynical "newspeak" that they think it is totally normal. It's not. It is fucking disgraceful. Insulting and borderline dishonest.
You're really giving Johnny a run for his money in the drama department.

It's a 2 minute clip of them going "Um I like this fatality."

That's it. But go ahead and keep trying to make it something it isn't. I literally don't see your argument at all. (Not that I care tbh because this shit is petty) But you're worried about kids being lied to on a Mortal Kombat video? like WHAT EVEN

The guy wore sunglasses and nutpunched people since Mk1. his endings were just about him making movies lol. His mk11 is his best version ever. Just because he has a sense of humor and doesn't take things as serious, doesn't mean he isn't a good guy and can't kick some ass. Even in the first movie he's the comedic relief, but still a true hero. Only went to the tournament to prove people like you wrong.
Maybe he was always comic relief. Maybe my childhood image of him was wrong. You have to understand i was like 7 or 8 when i played the arcades. To me he was Jean Claude van Damme. JCVD was the coolest mofo on the planet to me back then. Certainly not comic relief. So as i grew older, i started noticing his comedic side. And i think it's fair to say that NRS/Midway really started to embrace that side of him aswell. So i kinda went from loving him to hating him to not caring about him at all.

Maybe he was always comic relief. Maybe my childhood image of him was wrong. You have to understand i was like 7 or 8 when i played the arcades. To me he was Jean Claude van Damme. JCVD was the coolest mofo on the planet to me back then. Certainly not comic relief. So as i grew older, i started noticing his comedic side. And i think it's fair to say that NRS/Midway really started to embrace that side of him aswell. So i kinda went from loving him to hating him to not caring about him at all.
enjoy
also JCVD is awesome.

I don't really like this one. It's really weird to see Johnny or Cassie play around with their opponents dead body since they're supposed to be the good guys.

New fatality is great... that video though sucked badly. There is no need for them to lie and be full of shit. It is no surprise that only revealed stuff (apart from the final one) was their "favourites". The entire video felt contrived and disingenuous. We are fans, we do not need all that bullshit.. you could have just shown the fatality and talked about some of the others.. no need to just put out a bunch of BS marketing tripe.
This is one of the most insane overreactions I've seen on these forums and that's saying something.

That’s not what i said. I said his reaction to a simple fluff marketing video was over the top.
I mean the people in the video prob dont give a crap about favorite fatalities. Nobody gushes over them like that except literally kids. Imagine the manchild you’d have to be to seriously talk to someone about fatalities like that in real life, without being payed too or selling something.

Anyway, jynks wrote a 200 word essay but his reaction to the video isnt any more crazy than people eating it up. I bet you imagine he’s rabidly typing and smashing his keyboard or something. You guys are just being insecure as usual over the slightest criticism to your nrs overlords lul