What is your opinion on this news?

• Good news to me

• Bad news to me

• I'm indifferent / doesn't affect me either way

Results are only viewable after voting.

REO

Undead

From their official MK11 Ultimate Twitter account:

They have announce they are working on a new project and video game. Is it Injustice 3, a new Marvel tag game, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks 2, MK9 remaster, old classic MK game remaster, 3D MK games remaster? Who knows. But now we all know that MK11 will no longer be receiving any buffs / nerfs or new characters as NRS is going to be focusing all of their energy, time, and resources into their new upcoming project.

Good news? Bad news? I guess it's up to you to decide.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I was born in '83 and grew up with the original RoboCop movie. It was such a hard R-rating that it always felt like we were getting away with something when my friends and I would watch it. It truly is one of my favorite movies of all time, and I am supremely grateful that I was able to play as that character, at least briefly. No other game has really captured RoboCop as well as MK11. This will probably be the last time I get to play as OG RoboCop in any kind of game, considering they're still trying to release shitty reboots. This makes it a very bittersweet moment for me. I'm very excited about their next project, but I'm very sad to see my time with my beloved character come to an end.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
For me, it's good news, since I hate this mind game that Ed Boon and NRS do regarding MK franchise series news, so, good to know that the support ended, no more stupid fake teases, false promises or bullshit gossips .....

Lesson learned: never trust Ed Boon twitters, or any NRS or WB comunication regarding "long time" support regarding NRS games; it's a ilusion, they always follow the same business plan, releasing a game, supporting for 2 years maximum, and then, moving to the next project ..... so, never gonna fall for that again , NRS, hehe, wait and see

Anyway, these are just fair critics regarding their marketing and business model, and both can suck a fat cock, hehe :p

Despite that, let's see what the next game will be; and MK12 will come up only in 2025, so, I hope the next project just surprise us, let's wait and see

The speculation season will start now, put your bets, dudes ! :D

Art Lean

Noob
:(

No MK21 movie skins. No Shang Tsung announcer pack. No Cyrax and Sketor (at the very least if there were to be any more characters). No fix to the 'luggage tag' clipping out of Shao Kahn's shoulder on his barbarian skins. No basic cloth masks for the male ninjas to match Shang Tsung's morphs and Rain's fatality. I don't play other fighting games (MK is a franchise I love for its world, characters and lore, whilst its actual game genre is honestly entirely secondary for me), so if the next project is nothing related to MK then I guess it's sadly going to be a long wait before I get exited for news from Ed boon again given how long it takes to release new games these days.

God I wished this had the long-term support its competitors had. Just feels there's so much more fun content they could have created for it. Hell, if only it had a 'Creation Club' style officially-endorsed modding store like Fallout 4 has, so fans could make their own gear and costumes and they could be available to buy online through the MK11 Premium Store.

I was sadly so right when I called it after the massive November drop of DLC including KP2, the final KL skin set w/ Mega Tits Sindel, MK95 movie skins, MK2 Rain, MK2 and UMK3 Mileena and the meteor tower discovery all occurring within a fortnight of one another. Felt like a last hurrah and it's truly disappointing to know I was correct.

Sniff

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
GoodI’m excited for what’s to come next. I like to think I’m a FGC player but really I’m an NRS player and I had fun with MK11 for two years but I’m ready to move on.

I’m hoping for another injustice title but I’m down for anything really, especially a marvel type game like Ed has hinted.

This is some shitty news for me personally tbh. I try not to criticize NRS too much but going out this way is terrible. Alot of y'all called it. But I still had faith they would support it more. But nah. Whoever NRS was before is gone. I know that people who dislike the game are happy. But this one had the potential to be the BEST NRS game but it fell short. I think it's a bad move to leave the game as is. I don't need content. Just gameplay adjustments. Very disappointing.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.

Art Lean

Noob
yeah yeah, but they lie anyway, hehe

like this

so, NRS do great games, but they have a lot to learn with Street Fighter an Tekken, regarding how truly support a game for a longer time, ha ! :D :p
Exactly, "not even close" being stated in August 2020, which turned out to be "3 more months" when the big haul dropped in November 2020.

I consider 12 weeks time to be pretty "close".

Guess I've been saving all my Time Krystals for nothing... got over 10,000 hoping for another set of Premier Store retro skins or something. Suppose I'll just have to blow it on Character Tower crap I can't be bothered to grind for :(

Can they at least start mass-unlocking the stuff that's locked behind timed events or special editions like Kold War Skarlet, Cangaceiro Kano, Avalanche Sub Zero, Gold Demon Scorpion, the MK2 and UMK3 female ninja skins, Rain's MK2 skin, Krypt Golden Events (along with the trades and artwork that are now bugged and can't be obtained) like they did with MKX? Let the people who missed those items finally obtain them if there's nothing new to support.

Last edited:

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
I think its funny they teased MK3 skins for the male ninjas in the very first teaser trailer for MK11 and then never released them haha. And I guess that tweet from ed boon saying MK11 would still be supported after kombat pack 2 and that they weren't even close to being done was a HUGE LIE. Anyway Good riddance to MK11. Other than the visuals, I pretty much dislliked everything else about MK11.

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'm very excited about their next project, but I'm very sad to see my time with my beloved character come to an end.
I mean you've got time. Earliest a new game would come out would be Spring 22, right?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I mean you've got time. Earliest a new game would come out would be Spring 22, right?
For sure, it's just a bit disheartening to try labbing in a game you know you will probably never play again just a few months from now. I already suffer from ADHD, and the "time-wasting" feeling I get from playing video games is really amped up when I know the game is on its way out.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'm sad to see MK11 go. Really good game, could have been great with a little more polish. Had a lot of fun learning Raiden and discussing him with the Raiden crew. Too bad the pandemic really killed a majority of MK11's competitive life. I'm excited for whatever comes next though! I'm hoping for Injustice 3.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
For sure, it's just a bit disheartening to try labbing in a game you know you will probably never play again just a few months from now. I already suffer from ADHD, and the "time-wasting" feeling I get from playing video games is really amped up when I know the game is on its way out.
Literally every fighting game I play I feel like I enjoy, but never spend enough time playing to actually be good. Too much other life gets in the way.