• Real

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Not likely but might be fun

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • I dont buy it

Votes: 31 41.3%

• Total voters

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
This is pretty cool if true, but, knowing the Disney troubles capcom had with mvc:I, i can imagine it will be a pain to actually work on. Doubly so since it's rival comic companies.

And, wb had made those lego marvel games I believe, so them doing a marvel game just in general makes sense to me

Disney doesn’t give a shit who makes their games because Disney themselves don’t have their own game studio. WB cares about money. Their parent company AT&T wants to dump DC comics all together and only cares about using DC characters for movies and shows, so if Disney throws money at them to make a game, they will make a Marvel game.

Apparently it will be next gen only [PS5 , XBOX Series consoles]

For the record I still think Injustice 3 will be the next game, but if this leak was real than I would expect Injustice vs Marvel BEFORE the next MK
Doesn't the Leak just say Netherrealm might be making a Marvel game though? Why are people thinking it's DC vs Marvel?

Thinking more about it, I'm hoping that NRS just got caught working on a Marvel guest character for the next Injustice
Why would you hope for that if you don't like Marvel characters?

MCPeePants

Bout it
Moon Knight or fuck it.
Now that's out of the way...

I don't know if it's possible to piss my pants and bust one at the same time, but it would happen. A fighting game by NRS with Wolverine, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Thor, Spidey, Venom, Carnage, Magneto, Sasquatch, Puck, Dare Devil, Dr. Doom, Mandarin, Luke Cage... shit's too sick.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Well, I don't know if this is it's real, but if it is my 2 cents would be to change the supers to be more similar to the ones in MvsC, not just one punch and then, if it hits, a cinematic. And to not do a storymode, it really doesn't need it. Maybe short cinematic endings and a cool intro, but a full cinematic story like the last games have had would probably suck.

If Sony, Universal Studio and Marvel can negotiate which characters can appear in their movies, I suppose it’s not impossible to envision NRS doing a Marvel game. The deal just needs to benefit WB some how.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I wouldn't be mad about it (especially if it included the X-Men), but I'll believe it when it's officially announced.
Me too
Punisher and Batman on a team battle would be insane lol
And i would love if this is true, but i will believe it when i see it.

The source for the rumor only said that NRS is working on a marvel game.

Why are so many people here and elsewhere just jumping to the conclusion this means a DC vs Marvel game?

A collaboration of that nature creates a lot more headaches and makes it inherently more expensive than strictly contracting them for a marvel game.

Yeah.. It's an interesting situation. If anything blocked it, it'd be Disney/Marvel saying that they weren't ok with having both sets of characters in the same universe.

But, if that was the case, they could have gone with the game studios under their umbrella. For them to greenlight Warner Bros. Interactive doing a game, whose parent company owns both DC Comics and Warner Bros pictures.. I just think that it's a unique kind of agreement — and the only way that it really makes sense is to do a blockbuster game with all the characters in it. And there's no way that game wouldn't be an absolute smash hit.
Disney doesn't have game studios anymore. They shifted to just licensing out their game projects over a decade ago. This is why Spiderman is Sony exclusive, Ultimate Alliance is Nintendo exclusive and up until recently EA has had exclusivity to Star Wars games development. Disney doesn't want the hassle of maintaining in house game studios.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
People are definitely jumping the gun about it being a Marvel Vs DC game lol, that was never brought up in the “report”.

I looked at the insiders track record anyways, and to his credit he has gotten a lot of stuff correct, but also tons of stuff incorrect it seems, and has some batshit insane claims about upcoming Marvel films. So, there’s some credibility here, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he turns out to be wrong either.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I feel like a Marvel vs DC roster would be almost impossible to make without Joe Random being pissed off about how come his favorite character Strike Knife wasn't included in the base roster. Can you imagine the Roster complaint threads? It would be so glorious.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
One thing I would find odd is that NRS seems to take a much different tone in their Injustice/MK story stuff than Marvel typically does with it's main MCU stuff. The MCU is typically bright and fun, and heroes have lots of things they enjoy. They enjoy eating food, trying to pick up hammers, dancing, family. DCEU is a lot more bleak, and being a hero is all about duty and burdens. MCU is like Athens, DCEU is like Sparta.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
One thing I would find odd is that NRS seems to take a much different tone in their Injustice/MK story stuff than Marvel typically does with it's main MCU stuff. The MCU is typically bright and fun, and heroes have lots of things they enjoy. They enjoy eating food, trying to pick up hammers, dancing, family. DCEU is a lot more bleak, and being a hero is all about duty and burdens. MCU is like Athens, DCEU is like Sparta.
I didn't play the Avengers game by Crystal Dynamics, but isn't it all dour and mopey? I thought the main storyline was something about the heroes fucking up, getting people killed, turning against each other and disbanding until a major threat forces them to come back together. Swap a few things around, add a dead Shazam or two, and you've got Injustice.

I want them to break with the Marvel cinematic presentation of the characters. I really dislike how a bunch of characters who were made as counter culture stand ins in the 60s have slowly morphed into a covert ops unit in the movies. Let the X-Men be weird kids again.