What's new

NRS Reportedly Skipping Inj3 for MK12

I’d be bummed to miss out on inj 3, i miss my Grundy, Shazam, doomsdays and lex luthors, it’s been far too long. I looooove the injustice games, way more fun than mk 11 and (IMO) mkx.

but yeah it doesn’t sound like this rumor has any kind of backing.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I mean, it's not out of the question. This period of time that we're in was probably not the best period of time to release a next-gen game, because only a fraction of the people who have PS4s and XB1s own the PS5/XSX.

Even if you release in say, 2023, you're still looking at a smaller market overall. So do you lead with something less profitable or go with the biggest surefire seller?

Either way, I won't be surprised. It's a really interesting time period for a next-gen game.

Johncage

Noob
I wouldn't cry. Between the atrocious balance, odd game feel, and fucking obnoxious mandatory cutscenes on common game play mechanics (yo what if breakers took 10 seconds and we always landed 10 second supers!), I've never loved injustice.

There's something good in there, but at this point they might as well just see if they can do a nostalgia mash and get all their guest DLC into one game. The classic violence is more in the wheelhouse and it's not like DC knows what the fuck to do with it's IP anyways. I'm sure a 80's-90's movie fighter would fucking print money.

Granted that still relies on WB being willing to play ball there so probably DOA as well. Oh well.
How does inj2 have atrocious balance it has great balance even Batman the current #1 character in the game has a losing mu and very few 7-3 mu's are in his favor and like 15 characters go even with him also this is according to forever king

Last edited:
Clearly this is because they knew they screwed up with MK11 and they felt they had to do it right by their fans.

By my calculations what we're getting is all the things that everyone loved from MK9 along with updates to the classic mk9 costumes. A combo system like MKX, but with even more ability for players to really express themselves. Based on UE5, so going to be sublime visually. There won't be any variations because they heard the fans, they know that they're not liked. The MK11 story will be retconned.

Stage transitions will be back, like the original style, not the 10sec clip like injustice. Fatal blows are now xrays (again)

And they're going to allow customisation of inputs, so if you don't like f+blk for combo breaker, change it to D,D,U,3+BLK.

And no DLC, because we don't like that because it's just ripping bits out of the game that should have been there anyway. All for $99.99. $39.99 because WB cares.

Oh and there's going to be updated online playable versions of the original trilogy + the 3D trilogy.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I will never not say re-release MK9 first.

Take a graphics-enhanced version of the MK Arcade Edition, put them together, and make it the last big thing they do on the PS4/X-One gen systems like they did with Armageddon on the XBox/PS2.

I love Injustice, because it's a convoluted mess just like MK9 was, and the IJ2 Story Mode was fantastic, so I'd be happy if we get news of a new game in general. ANYTHING to make me forget the fucking trainwreck that MK11 was, is, and will be remembered as forever.

I said it the moment they announced that the competitive custom variation system was a lie: this game was doomed to be a blight on the franchise no matter how much fucking money it made.
I would love a chance to move on and fight with heart and vigor again.

How does inj2 have atrocious balance it has great balance even Batman the current #1 character in the game has a losing mu and very few 7-3 mu's are in his favor and like 15 characters go even with him also this is according to forever king
To be fair yes I was mostly talking about 1 (and thought batgirl was 2 because "nah 1 couldn't have had that many trash fire dlcs...right"?). I bounced from 2 pretty quick when I went from lex/ares in 1 (hahahah.....) and thought "well swamp thing looks fun" in 2.

I don't recall 2 starting well at all, but from everything I see it did get better. I followed for awhile and recall red hood being a problem on launch and that's about when i gave up, so fairs fair i'm just wrong on that.

I think the rest absolutely still applies though (fuuuuuuck clash)

Johncage

Noob
Clearly this is because they knew they screwed up with MK11 and they felt they had to do it right by their fans.

By my calculations what we're getting is all the things that everyone loved from MK9 along with updates to the classic mk9 costumes. A combo system like MKX, but with even more ability for players to really express themselves. Based on UE5, so going to be sublime visually. There won't be any variations because they heard the fans, they know that they're not liked. The MK11 story will be retconned.

Stage transitions will be back, like the original style, not the 10sec clip like injustice. Fatal blows are now xrays (again)

And they're going to allow customisation of inputs, so if you don't like f+blk for combo breaker, change it to D,D,U,3+BLK.

And no DLC, because we don't like that because it's just ripping bits out of the game that should have been there anyway. All for $99.99. $39.99 because WB cares.

Oh and there's going to be updated online playable versions of the original trilogy + the 3D trilogy.
It would be because of money not because they felt they had to do right by their fans

If inj3 comes they really gotta rework a lot of it. Stage sizes drastically reduced. I want to play a fighter not a 3rd person shooter with some fighting. No more abilities. Red hood one of my favorite dc characters got incredibly shafted on his movelist because the coolest shit was tied to abilities

If inj3 comes they really gotta rework a lot of it. Stage sizes drastically reduced. I want to play a fighter not a 3rd person shooter with some fighting. No more abilities. Red hood one of my favorite dc characters got incredibly shafted on his movelist because the coolest shit was tied to abilities
Taking away traits would be a terrible idea, what?

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Our own @Evil Canadian did a video on this that makes a lot of sense.

I was skeptical until I understood the context. If NRS isn't sure where they stand with WB and where they will be in six months, it doesn't make any sense to start work on something that is going to be reliant on WB's access to different IPs when the future of that access isn't clear. Also, MK is the breadwinner. For as popular as Injustice is, MK outsells it easily.

Why wouldn't they bet on the sure thing? Our gripes about MK11 aside, the brand is still as bankable as water in the desert. To the more casual audience MK11 did everything they wanted and more (great SP content, big gory fatalities, fun guests) so MK12 will sell just fine.

I would have liked another Injustice (I really wanted to see them bring Lex back and make him fuck this time), but I am always excited for more MK. I'll be really interested with what they come up with.

trufenix

bye felicia
Look at all the 180s. Look at them! lol.

Remember last week when NRS didn't care about the fans anymore again again.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Some ppl says that there is the same licensing issue on Mortal Kombat because it is also owned by WB. Make sense tbh.