What's new

General/Other - Raiden NRS pls... Raiden needs help.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
A 6 frame Mid???? Hell no, not to be mean doggy but that is absurd. noone in this game should have a 6 frame mid.So you know (9-10 frames is the average of the best mids in this game) and MOS and displacer are two very different variations, just because someone does good With Jacqui Shotgun don't make High Tech top, same goes for, MOS and Displacer, or Possessed and Balanced/Kenjutsu. or Smoke and CSZ.

Displacer is good because he has the tool to escape pressure and zoning with the teleport. and uses it as a combo extender and as a pressur tool. MOS can;t get shit out safe on block and when he tried if opponent guesses wright on his 50 Radien gets punished, Doesn't happen that way with Displacer, he can make everything safe.
How can Displacer make "everything safe", yes with the use of MB tele, but normal tele is hella unsafe and full combo punishable if the opponent in expecting it.

I know you can do far Tele but that also uses stamina, and if you've got them in the corner doing your 50/50's there's no way you can do far tele, unless you wanna put yourself in the corner?

But I agree MoS needs help, so much more recovery/start up on orbs, maybe a/some variation specific strings that end in an orb llarment that are also relatively safe, could be a cool idea?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
How can Displacer make "everything safe", yes with the use of MB tele, but normal tele is hella unsafe and full combo punishable if the opponent in expecting it.

I know you can do far Tele but that also uses stamina, and if you've got them in the corner doing your 50/50's there's no way you can do far tele, unless you wanna put yourself in the corner?

But I agree MoS needs help, so much more recovery/start up on orbs, maybe a/some variation specific strings that end in an orb llarment that are also relatively safe, could be a cool idea?
yeah thats all i was saying. MOS needs help Displacer and TG don't they are very good and under the radar.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
yeah thats all i was saying. MOS needs help Displacer and TG don't they are very good and under the radar.
Only thing I hate is when you say "fuck it" and go for a full b2 and they block it, the opponent has time to go heat up last night's leftovers, finish them, and then decide on how to punish you.
The recovery frames feel like triple digits

MadeOfMetal

Only thing I hate is when you say "fuck it" and go for a full b2 and they block it, the opponent has time to go heat up last night's leftovers, finish them, and then decide on how to punish you.
The recovery frames feel like triple digits
yeah i hear ya, if i remember right: im sure you know this already but, B2 canceled aftyer first hit into DF2 is -7 i think on block, and 34 is safe on block second hit is an overhead, only bad thing is the first hit is a high so it can be low profiled. then i think he has his 214 string that is a low ender high Mid low i think, and its safe on block, and in Thunder god you have Lightning Run Cancel (LRC) to do OH to LOW's with the cancel to malke shit safe, even if he isn't plus on block , people underestimate how good of a tool a safe on block Cancel is, just a great way to quickly cancel into a poke or throw/ make unsafe strings safe. if you think about it, after patch, Dvorahs most of her Cancels are not Plus on block anymore and she does wonders.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
After playing a bit with mos, I have to say he's extremely fun.

However, as most of you say, he needs help. These are some the changes he might benefit from receiving:

-Recovery of orbs reduced. This one is a must.

-Orbs deal much more damage on contact. Now it's insignificant.

-Ray between orbs becomes a mid and/or a blocked ray is significantly + on block to guarantee some pressure.

-New two orbs ex traps. In the current state he can only put two orbs at the same time in horizontal position and on ground level. Add new ex moves that allow him to put an horizontal trap above his head, and diagonal traps also in one movement.

-Meterburn ex orbs (to help him antiairing). After setting getting a ray from two orbs , he can use a bar and a third orb appears. The previous orbs rearrange with this one to form a triangle over Raiden's head (like two diagonal traps) that protects him from airbone attackers.

-And a fix for displacer and mos: F12B2 combos should get the old Jax combos treatment to make them easier to perform. It's pretty ridiculous now.

-Also, for all Raidens, I would add a mb electrocute, similar as goro's mb punchwalk.

Raiden is lacking a good mid in general, but I don't know if he's gonna receive it at this point...

Last edited:
I`am maining this variation from the start of the game on pc,every orb in MOS must be active immediately,it will create a free 50/50(1 hit overhead,shocker or low,shocker) on opponent`s wakeup or armor breaking,for example,you didn`t finish your combo,you place one orb up and do a 50/50(overhead,shocker or low,shocker)into orb,after that with ex shocker,etc. it will be 47-48% midscreen.All orbs must be mids.

N00B

Noob
It's necessary, Raiden needs help and i don't want a top tier, i just want him being him complete, strong, fair and balanced character like Jax, Shinnok, Kung Jin, why he should'nt be so good, what's the problem, i don't understand, it's just just not fair and frustraiting that such a cool character like Raiden is weak, not good enough in MK9 and MKX.
Raiden is not good, this is MKX and for fealing comfortable and enjoying this game, characters that you play should be at least high tiers like Jax, Kung Jn, Shinnok for example who has some few bad match ups. You better help yourself and don't tell me what to do ok.

My mains are Raiden and Lao, but i also play Jax, Johnny and they are very strong and fair characters and deals with some match ups better thaN them, they are is the example of complete, strong, balanced character and they are IS the type of pressure, rushdown, mix up characters just like Raiden and Lao, but they has all that needed tools for pressure, rushdown, mix ups characters needs for being good enough in MKX. Jax has very good fast normals for up close (s1, 11, d1), good fast normals for neutral (f2, d3), good deffense (fast armors), good offense (mix ups and a pressure + very good normals for up close and good normals for neutral). Johnny has very good normals for neutral (f3, d4), ok normal for up close (d3), good zoning, good deffense (fast armors), good offense (great pressure, very good normals for neutral and ok normals for up close), yea JC has not too much effective normals for up close but its covered with hes great pressure and good zoning. They are complete character in all variations(except Johnny, fisticuffs is weak too) compared to Raiden and Lao.

Where you all seeng something unbalanced in my suggested buffs, everything i calculated and all changes seems fair and balanced for me, where exaxtly is change or changes that would break the game?

First of all Raiden since day 1 had 6 fr mid and OS, safe 5050, and thats was unbalanced, but other tools was kinda weak, hitting high, being punishable or too slow e.t.c. because of that, and when NRS nerfed it, they doesn't gived balanced alternative changes, they just ruined the character tbh, in the last patch they gived to him unecessary buffs that didn't do shit. No one hes problems not being adressed and now maybe that's overrated displacer maybe mid tier at least imo, but other variations are low tiers IMO, and it's still not enough for being good enough FOR THIS FIGHTING GAME, especially for character loyalists, if you want to do good in the tournaments and you are only play one or two characters that you like and doesn't wanna play others but they are low tiers or mid tiers, you chances to getting top 8 is very low, you just should play a high tier, top tier if you wanna have chances to win something or you get lucky but that's rare happening.

Last edited:

N00B

Noob
Seriously. If you HAVE to make threads like this, you at least need a base understanding of your own character's move set. Also, Raiden is not bad at all (except for MoS).

I understand Raiden and yes thats wouldn't kill displacer, that change are makes sense if he gets all those changes. You still would have a safe mix ups for meter in displacer but not for pressure anymore, so what, if he gets these buffs he would be amazing and fair and for balance something should become unsafe, negative, e.t.c. that's how balance work.
He is bad actually, he is overrated imo. Look for example even Nivek dropped Raiden, well he is even dropped MKX because of that, thats's how Raiden is weak. And when was the last big tournament where a good Raiden player make top 8 or won something in big tournament a?. even if they would nerf top tiers, there is a a lot of characters who not let to Raiden players enjoy the game.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
1. Because this game has enough of those already;
2. Because Raiden's traditional moveset, being fit for creation of something unique, is wasted on that overused concept;
3. Because Interesting space-controlling abilities in this game are like that: either they can be used for knockdown setplay, or plain suck for anything; MoS being exception only in that his orbs aren't even good for setplay.

Can we have a character who does something the rest of the cast doesn't already? No? Okay then.

MadeOfMetal

After playing a bit with mos, I have to say he's extremely fun.

However, as most of you say, he needs help. These are some the changes he might benefit from receiving:

-Recovery of orbs reduced. This one is a must.

-Orbs deal much more damage on contact. Now it's insignificant.

-Ray between orbs becomes a mid and/or a blocked ray is significantly + on block to guarantee some pressure.

-New two orbs ex traps. In the current state he can only put two orbs at the same time in horizontal position and on ground level. Add new ex moves that allow him to put an horizontal trap above his head, and diagonal traps also in one movement.

-Meterburn ex orbs (to help him antiairing). After setting getting a ray from two orbs , he can use a bar and a third orb appears. The previous orbs rearrange with this one to form a triangle over Raiden's head (like two diagonal traps) that protects him from airbone attackers.

-And a fix for displacer and mos: F12B2 combos should get the old Jax combos treatment to make them easier to perform. It's pretty ridiculous now.

-Also, for all Raidens, I would add a mb electrocute, similar as goro's mb punchwalk.

Raiden is lacking a good mid in general, but I don't know if he's gonna receive it at this point...
Or they could make Normal ORBS put Both out at once and opnly be safe on hit, and EX orbs be safe on block. Just a thought.