What's new

NRS PLEASE... NOTLIKETHIS

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
all of jason's tick grabs combined are way easier than any of Bane's ticks. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I struggle a fuck ton to get any d input cancelled into a bf special. The window is seriously tight in this game and I don't understand why.
This is coming from a Jason and Commando Kano player who had NO problems executing every single one of their tick grabs.
Interesting. I struggled with MKX ticks like hell. I played some Vicious F/T at the time and I wouldn't even bother with trying them in a real match. Even b121~throw ender (which I used for Ruthless for some time) was failing half the time. 1~throw and stuff like that was reminding me of tales people were telling about them practicing JFT in Soul Calibur for weeks.
Pretty much the same goes for Kano.

I don't even know how much time I've spent trying to make everything work and in the end I just gave up.

In I2 I have no problems with any of Bane's tick throws whatsoever. Like, I even forgot that I was supposed to be mad at NRS for doing their dbf bullshit again.

Have they changed anything recently?

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Interesting. I struggled with MKX ticks like hell. I played some Vicious F/T at the time and I wouldn't even bother with trying them in a real match. Even b121~throw ender (which I used for Ruthless for some time) was failing half the time. 1~throw and stuff like that was an absolute hell to do.
Pretty much the same goes for Kano.

I don't even know how much time I've spent trying to make everything work and in the end I just gave up.

In I2 I have no problems with any of Bane's tick throws whatsoever. Like, I even forgot that I'm supposed to be mad at NRS for doing their dbf bullshit again.

Did they change anything recently?
Nothing has been changed for Bane's tick throws as of recent as far as I remember. As for just IJ2 grabs in general, don't think so either.

Personal preference really imo. I struggled with basically any MKX tick throw so I didn't main a grappler as part of the reason, among others. I couldn't tell you why I felt that way but I did.

The only Bane tick throw I drop is 11D2xxDBF3, where I occasionally get the drop kick instead for some reason, probably inputting it too fast. And that doesn't really bother me since 11D2 is kinda risky against good players anyway.

Cursa

D1xxBF2 is a pretty legit thing to fuck up as Bane but far from impossible. I think a lot of people just input way too quickly. I get it most of the time personally and didn't have to lab anything specific, fucked it up a few times in some matches and adapted quickly enough.

Different strokes for different folks tho

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
all of jason's tick grabs combined are way easier than any of Bane's ticks. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I struggle a fuck ton to get any d input cancelled into a bf special. The window is seriously tight in this game and I don't understand why.
This is coming from a Jason and Commando Kano player who had NO problems executing every single one of their tick grabs.
Do you play with input shortcuts off? I know that makes a much bigger difference in cancelling some strings than others, like they were designed with input shortcuts in mind and were given infinitesimal cancel windows without it. With Harley's b2~df2, if I don't just do a straight hcf, I'll miss the cancel window entirely.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
It's been like 2 years since I have touched MK9 or Injustice 1, but i'm I crazy or has this shit gotten worse with each game?

I was never a fan of the dialed inputs for NRS games, but in MK9, I never really felt like I was struggling to control the game. I mashed the combo string and special cancel out and it worked, everything was consistent, and mostly felt good.

MKX and even more so I2 just makes me angry sometimes, like I straight up didn't want to play certain characters because of it.

It's been like 2 years since I have touched MK9 or Injustice 1, but i'm I crazy or has this shit gotten worse with each game?

I was never a fan of the dialed inputs for NRS games, but in MK9, I never really felt like I was struggling to control the game. I mashed the combo string and special cancel out and it worked, everything was consistent, and mostly felt good.

MKX and even more so I2 just makes me angry sometimes, like I straight up didn't want to play certain characters because of it.
It's definitely gotten worse with each new game. I don't know what NRS did, but with MK9 I had no problems with the controls/inputs at all. I'm not exaggerating, in MK9 I could do everything, play every character, even the ones that were considered to be more technically difficult, such as Sonya and Ermac. Same thing with Injustice 1. Never had any controller or input issues. For Mortal Kombat X I mostly had no issues at all. Only some slight problems here and there with some characters, but it was rare. Then came Injustice 2, and I don't know what the hell NRS did but with Injustice 2 I have input errors all over the place with damn near the entire cast. Turning Release Check off helps lower the instance of these errors but it does not eliminate it entirely. Something is very wrong with the controls/inputs in Injustice 2.

Do you play with input shortcuts off? I know that makes a much bigger difference in cancelling some strings than others, like they were designed with input shortcuts in mind and were given infinitesimal cancel windows without it. With Harley's b2~df2, if I don't just do a straight hcf, I'll miss the cancel window entirely.
Doesn't turning Input Shortcuts off make the game like Street Fighter? For example instead of having to do D,F,2 for a move it then becomes B,D,F,2. That just makes things even harder, doesn't it? I ended up throwing my Street Fighter 4 disc away, because I had nightmares of how difficult a lot of the stuff was in that game. Just thinking of how you had to do Guile's super and ultra combos makes me want to throw up. The person that came up with those inputs needs to be taken out back and shot.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Doesn't turning Input Shortcuts off make the game like Street Fighter? For example instead of having to do D,F,2 for a move it then becomes B,D,F,2. That just makes things even harder, doesn't it? I ended up throwing my Street Fighter 4 disc away, because I had nightmares of how difficult a lot of the stuff was in that game. Just thinking of how you had to do Guile's super and ultra combos makes me want to throw up. The person that came up with those inputs needs to be taken out back and shot.
What? This is not how Input shortcuts work at all.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Been complaining about that damn half circle for four years. It's madness, bf doesn't come out by accident ever so I don't know why alternate controls make throwing most of the fireballs in the game so difficult. Especially in IGAU. I would use alternate controls at all times if this wasn't the way it was decided on.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Been complaining about that damn half circle for four years. It's madness, bf doesn't come out by accident ever so I don't know why alternate controls make throwing most of the fireballs in the game so difficult. Especially in IGAU. I would use alternate controls at all times if this wasn't the way it was decided on.
I think it's meant for people who are used to doing half circle motions on their sticks from street fighter or so on. It's a very common input in that game so it would work for them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I think it's meant for people who are used to doing half circle motions on their sticks from street fighter or so on. It's a very common input in that game so it would work for them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
As a stick player who played a lot of Sf/Marvel, I disagree. Having to do a whole half circle for fireballs is extremely rare in either series. And for Inj2 where the main zoning tools for a lot of characters is bf inputs (Batman, Hood, Beetle, Hellboy), using alternate controls is not worth it.

Also, you still get input errors even with alternate controls. Just not as much.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
As a stick player who played a lot of Sf/Marvel, I disagree. Having to do a whole half circle for fireballs is extremely rare in either series. And for Inj2 where the main zoning tools for a lot of characters is bf inputs (Batman, Hood, Beetle, Hellboy), using alternate controls is not worth it.

Also, you still get input errors even with alternate controls. Just not as much.
Well then. NRS just needs to get their shit together then.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
To be fair, MK9 had its share of issues. Like that b21f2 string of Sonya. You had to be really slow in order for that to register correctly otherwise the game would think you're trying to do b21~bf2 (projectile).

But then again, I've always stayed away from any characters whose input I found over-complicated.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
ATP has made my point for me, but yea I've been playing arcade fighters from the jump, I mostly play guilty gear, and that motion just doesn't make sense for a fireball. It's also nice being able to do them from a crouch, but only a few characters in inj2 have that luxury. Everything else on alternate controls I think is great though, just wish NRS would hear my desperate pleas.

Stanlos

Noob
I've lost count of the number of errant up shields I've gotten over time.

I'm pretty sure WoWo just up shields anytime the game isn't 100% sure what is going on. It's a little known fact, but if don't turn off all of that input release check stuff, she will randomly up shield while you aren't even touching the controller. I've even seen her up shield on character select when the ping is bad. True story.
OMG this is a real thing?! I thought I just reeked or sloppy inputs!

Cursa

Go into lab and try to do D2xxF4 as Robin and actually get the yellow trait in a combo

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
So, WoWo's up shield. Just this weekend I've seen what I believe you folks were talking about when Dubasik got blown up at Viennality for cancelling string into up shield for no apparent reason.

What's up with WoWo's inputs anyway?