What's new

NRS Please Fix Input Shortcuts

ryublaze

Noob
I didn't want to make a new thread because all my threads get shitty replies but I felt like this needed to be brought up again.

You can clearly see that I'm pressing 1 and 2 repeatedly and I'll randomly get an interactable. This is a huge issue that can cost you the match. Some people might say "Just turn Input Shortcuts off" ok then what's the point of Input Shortcuts then? If I have them off I can't option select moves into specials on hit or into strings on whiff which is a big part of the knockdown game. And as mentioned in the old thread it might screw up other inputs that people use. This could hurt tournament players who play with shortcuts on (like myself) and don't know about this glitch, and I know A LOT of players who are unaware of this. Not to mention that the default setting for Input Shortcuts is set to ON. I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed yet when EVO is right around the corner.

@RiBBz22's video with Cassie Cage b212d1+2:
This is infinitely worse because it happens 100% of the time making these strings completely useless when near an interactable.

@Mikemetroid's video with Johnny Cage bd3:
When Input Shortcuts are on, any string into nutpunch won't come out.

EDIT:
Another reason why you would want Input Shortcuts on:
I'd agree with this but there are so many uses for them to be left on. Buffering moves from crouch and inputting moves with just db~b or d/f~f allows you to do specials without telegraphing a crouch as well. Whatever we pick we lose and the most logical fix would be to not get an interactable while doing a 1,2 or 2,1.
This also happens with 3+4 where you'll randomly get stance switch and 1+3 where you'll randomly get throw:
I have a big issue with 3+4 coming out instead of b34, no idea why it happens. If only i could turn off 3+4 :(
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT BEFORE YOU MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT TURNING OFF INPUT SHORTCUTS IN THE CONTROLLER SETTINGS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And listen, before you try to blow us up and say "RiBBz/Raptor you can turn input shortcuts off in the controller settings"....yes this is true, and it fixes the issues with with the interactables, but it is totally not viable for most people because it also reduces directional precision requirements which kills the ability to perform instant air shortcuts for back/forward special inputs like Cassie'e air gunshot.

Being forced to pick between being able to perform a BNB by an interactable and being able to execute a special in the air is a pretty crappy set of options.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE READ THE STATEMENT ABOVE BEFORE YOU MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT TURNING OFF INPUT SHORTCUTS IN THE CONTROLLER SETTINGS

Old thread:
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/nrs-can-you-please-give-us-an-option-to-turn-off-interactable-shortcuts.50368/

@Slips @colt (I realize you were already tagged in the previous thread but please take a look at this again.)

Last edited:

ando1184

Noob
I'm going to link this thread to my fix/nerf/buff thread. Hopefully if they see stuff like this often enough they'll do something about it.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I am going to go ahead and re-post my disclaimer from the last thread

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT BEFORE YOU MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT TURNING OFF INPUT SHORTCUTS IN THE CONTROLLER SETTINGS
And listen, before you try to blow us up and say "RiBBz/Raptor you can turn input shortcuts off in the controller settings"....yes this is true, and it fixes the issues with with the interactables, but it is totally not viable for most people because it also reduces directional precision requirements which kills the ability to perform instant air shortcuts for back/forward special inputs like Cassie'e air gunshot.

Being forced to pick between being able to perform a BNB by an interactable and being able to execute a special in the air is a pretty crappy set of options.

PLEASE READ THE STATEMENT ABOVE BEFORE YOU MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT TURNING OFF INPUT SHORTCUTS IN THE CONTROLLER SETTINGS

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I had to turn them off a while ago. Doing a simple 1,2 out of block stun would come out 1+2 quite often [with negative edge OFF]. Saw it cost Tyrant a round once too. Don't think it can be fixed though, just like OSes...

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Yeah this kinda sucks for me playing takeda as well. If I db1 ex and hold 1 to keep kunai active, if I rub my thumb across 2 for overhead mix up, a lot of times I'll get interactable

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
It is pretty bad. I used to have it happen all the time when the game first came out. Then I turned them off. They aren't usable in my opinion. I think also 3+4 and block is XRay. That used to get triggered as well if I did a string using those buttons and then hit block on recovery.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I am going to go ahead and re-post my disclaimer from the last thread

I read, but I'm not sure i agree.

You can still do instant air projectiles with input shortcuts off.

I never play with input shortcuts on and i can do instant air skulls most of the time.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I read, but I'm not sure i agree.

You can still do instant air projectiles with input shortcuts off.

I never play with input shortcuts on and i can do instant air skulls most of the time.
Well you read, but just read a bit wrong. Sure you can still do instant air projectiles, what I stated was that you can not perform "instant air shortcuts". IE UB, DF+button for back to forward inputs.. Please take another trip down Readitagain Avenue.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Well you read, but just read a bit wrong. Sure you can still do instant air projectiles, what I stated was that you can not perform "instant air shortcuts". IE UB, DF+button. Please take another trip down Readitagain Avenue.

Right. But just because you can't perform the shortcut doesn't mean you can't perform the instant air move.

Instead of holding diagonal and doing the input for your projectile, simply tap up and perform the input. They will do an instant air projectile.