What's new

NRS please fix Frost's Ice Auger whiffing issues.

Despite the fact that auger is her best move but unfortunately it COMPLETELY whiffs against tons of characters ... Even if they hold block , auger still whiffs and leaves you completely open for a whiff punish and D2 KB! Please take look at this and fix it if it's possible. List of the characters that auger whiffs on them :

Skarlet
Cassie
Sonya
Kitana
Jade
Cetrion ( sometimes )
Dvorah
Kabal
Baraka ( sometimes )
Jacqui
Johnny Cage
Noob Saibot
Joker
Raiden
Kollector
Frost

Auger whiffs on approximately 50% of the characters ! NRS please fix this issue. It's a big deal to be honest. She really relys on the frame advantages that auger on block provides for her. Much appreciated.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
But thats because of their hitbox right? Some characters have smaller hitboxes so you just have to have a different approach to your pressure because NRS isnt gonna change that

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I was never under the impression that the visually high, classified high move should be hitting people ducking in the first place. Isn't that part of what the MB version is for?

You can duck all kinds of other high flying projectiles, and MB is a mid. She also has a strong mid, and lots of long range moves to help keep people in auger's effective range. If Scars wasn't on the like train I would probably be blowing it off having never considered it behaving like a mid as something it should be doing.

If they were close enough to duck and d2 me when I did auger right in their face, I kind of feel like they earned that KB. It's super annoying, but you can get bopped by that one for a lot less.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I was never under the impression that the visually high, classified high move should be hitting people ducking in the first place. Isn't that part of what the MB version is for?

You can duck all kinds of other high flying projectiles, and MB is a mid. She also has a strong mid, and lots of long range moves to help keep people in auger's effective range. If Scars wasn't on the like train I would probably be blowing it off having never considered it behaving like a mid as something it should be doing.

If they were close enough to duck and d2 me when I did auger right in their face, I kind of feel like they earned that KB. It's super annoying, but you can get bopped by that one for a lot less.
I believe the issue is that they're ducking and blocking. It's one thing if someone can make a read to get out of it, and an entirely different thing if they have no risk or thought required whatsoever to nullify essential parts of their opponent's pressure. Characters with strong high projectiles and strings with extreme amounts of block stun to jail them were designed with doing that in mind, and their strengths balanced accordingly. I highly doubt any of the character designers sat down and said, "Y'know this thing right here...probably should be wildly inconsistent, right? Anyone else feeling that?"

It's not just Frost or Johnny, and it's not even just highs because D'vorah still has an overhead that does the exact same thing!

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I believe the issue is that they're ducking and blocking. It's one thing if someone can make a read to get out of it, and an entirely different thing if they have no risk or thought required whatsoever to nullify essential parts of their opponent's pressure. Characters with strong high projectiles and strings with extreme amounts of block stun to jail them were designed with doing that in mind, and their strengths balanced accordingly. I highly doubt any of the character designers sat down and said, "Y'know this thing right here...probably should be wildly inconsistent, right? Anyone else feeling that?"

It's not just Frost or Johnny, and it's not even just highs because D'vorah still has an overhead that does the exact same thing!
I get stuff like that exists, and my characters usually are the ones getting to take advantage so I'm probably not super worried about them doing something about it.

The auger stuff has a lot going on. I tend to mb it if they are close to me. Some People could flawless it, but that's ultra rare. I've never noticed it wiffing this way and I'm guessing that habit is why.

The high actually can catch them blocking when it is meter burned. It's like it's hitbox expands just a little at that time for some reason. Only for that moment, so it has to be on top of them when burned. I don't know how many of the characters in that list that works for, or it It's even useful nuance.

But thats because of their hitbox right? Some characters have smaller hitboxes so you just have to have a different approach to your pressure because NRS isnt gonna change that
If memory serves me right, They've fixed the B121's last hit whiffing issue on majority of characters. I think they can do the same with Auger if they want to.