What's new

NRS Gauntlet Challenge

Hey what's up everybody! So I don't know if you guys have been keeping up with me or Slayer's social media lately, but for those who haven't I recently came up with an exciting new competitive format that I like to call the NRS Gauntlet.

So basically how it goes is you and one other person play eachother in all 5 NRS games:

Mortal Kombat 9
Injustice 1
Mortal Kombat X
Injustice 2
Mortal Kombat 11

You play all five games in separate FT10's back to back against eachother all in the same day. Then after all five FT10's are finished, you add up the total wins from both players across all 5 games and whoever has more wins overall is technically the better NRS player :D

Slayer liked my idea and challenged me, so I drove up to his house on Monday and he streamed an NRS Guantlet between us. Our exhibition is still in his Twitch archive if you want to watch it, it took about 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete.

We had so much fun doing it that we are already planning a runback offline sometime in September. We had like 500 viewers watching the stream and they all seemed to love it too, so I wanna start making this exhibition a regular thing I do. It's really interesting because you get to see all the NRS games being played at high level and compare them. Most of the chat seemed to think Injustice 1 was the most hype.

Zyphox said he's down to drive to my apartment and run the NRS Gauntlet against me sometime in Septemeber. My little brother Franco or Burrito Voorhees/Forever King Jr loves the idea as well and I'm flying him to my apartment next week so we can stream the NRS Gauntlet vs eachother. I'll definitely update you guys if we figure out an exact date for me vs Zyphox, Franco, and Slayer runback!

Let's use this thread to get some discussion going. What players do you guys think would do well in this format? Who's good at all 5 NRS games? Who's really good at 3-4 of the NRS games, so they could still win an NRS Gauntlet against somebody who's decent at all 5? Let's hear about some dream matchups!

Also Ed Boon did say on Twitter recently that he's thinking about hosting an NRS Cup with all 5 games sometime in the future, and he would even consider adding rollback netcode to MK9 and Injustice 1 if Covid is still in effect by then. I feel like my NRS Gauntlet format could help you practice to be in shape for an NRS Cup if it was to happen!

Comments