What's new

NRS Gauntlet Challenge

Hey what's up everybody! So I don't know if you guys have been keeping up with me or Slayer's social media lately, but for those who haven't I recently came up with an exciting new competitive format that I like to call the NRS Gauntlet.

So basically how it goes is you and one other person play eachother in all 5 NRS games:

Mortal Kombat 9
Injustice 1
Mortal Kombat X
Injustice 2
Mortal Kombat 11

You play all five games in separate FT10's back to back against eachother all in the same day. Then after all five FT10's are finished, you add up the total wins from both players across all 5 games and whoever has more wins overall is technically the better NRS player :D

Slayer liked my idea and challenged me, so I drove up to his house on Monday and he streamed an NRS Guantlet between us. Our exhibition is still in his Twitch archive if you want to watch it, it took about 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete.

We had so much fun doing it that we are already planning a runback offline sometime in September. We had like 500 viewers watching the stream and they all seemed to love it too, so I wanna start making this exhibition a regular thing I do. It's really interesting because you get to see all the NRS games being played at high level and compare them. Most of the chat seemed to think Injustice 1 was the most hype.

Zyphox said he's down to drive to my apartment and run the NRS Gauntlet against me sometime in Septemeber. My little brother Franco or Burrito Voorhees/Forever King Jr loves the idea as well and I'm flying him to my apartment next week so we can stream the NRS Gauntlet vs eachother. I'll definitely update you guys if we figure out an exact date for me vs Zyphox, Franco, and Slayer runback!

Let's use this thread to get some discussion going. What players do you guys think would do well in this format? Who's good at all 5 NRS games? Who's really good at 3-4 of the NRS games, so they could still win an NRS Gauntlet against somebody who's decent at all 5? Let's hear about some dream matchups!

Also Ed Boon did say on Twitter recently that he's thinking about hosting an NRS Cup with all 5 games sometime in the future, and he would even consider adding rollback netcode to MK9 and Injustice 1 if Covid is still in effect by then. I feel like my NRS Gauntlet format could help you practice to be in shape for an NRS Cup if it was to happen!

Comments

Sounds amazing. I also said if I were to hit the lottery or was an athlete with the extra money the 1st thing I would do is host an NRS Gauntlet. Keep the amazing content going

You sir, has won the internet for today :p. Love the idea! Also if they bring back life to IJ1 and MK9 i'm definitely checking out MK9 since i've never exp'st that game cause of mkx being my first FG. Never will like playing IJ but i'm definitely not complaining about watching it tho! i'd imagine this confirming to ed boon that there's demand for it aswel, if this gets big

I loved watching it and I love the idea. I'd like to do it vs someone myself since I've been playing since mk9, but I'm just not on that level. Plus MK9 isn't on ps4 and I'd have to buy injustice one for ps4 lol

I thought he made top 8 at an Evo for Injustice 1. Not sure how much he played Injustice 2.
I think DJT was actually top 8 in both I:GAU Evos. Didn't have much success in 2, but he did play it.

Think there's room for an online gauntlet of just the games with good netcode? The marathon doesn't invalidate the 5k, after all, and we could get a wider array of people on that I bet.

As for suggestions, I'd love to see DJT vs any of the newer pros. Not sure how into the injustice games he was, but he's a beast at MK.
He doesn't really care for Injustice at all. He played Injustice 1 because it was the new game at the time, and he became really good at it. But he always loved MK more. He couldn't get into Injustice2 at all. If he did one of these gauntlets he would do amazing in MK9 MKX and MK11, but I highly doubt he would want to even play either Injustice at all

hmm, what other mk9 heads like both series? @ForeverKing

Cause I wanna see old heads vs new heads lmao. Gotta root for my OG boiz even if I do like a lot of the new guys.
The thing is alot of people that like MK9/MKX dont like Injustice 1/Injustice 2, and vice versa

That's what makes this challenge interesting. I literally can't think of anyone on the planet that can beat me in all 5 games except for Sonicfox

Alright folks! My little brother Franco (aka Burrito Voorhees) is flying over to my place in Florida on Tuesday & we will be running an NRS Guantlet offline this coming up Wednesday! Same rules as the King vs Slayer Gauntlet, we will be playing FT10's in all 5 NRS games MK9, Inj1, MKX, Inj2 and MK11

I will be streaming on Wednesday on my channel Twitch.tv/MK_ForeverKing around 4pm

Place your bets!

GGs to my lil bro Franco aka BurritoVoorhees in the NRS Gauntlet! These were the final scores:

MK9: 10-1 me
Inj1: 10-8 Franco
MKX: 10-5 Franco
Inj2: 10-5 me
MK11: 10-8 Franco

It was streamed on my channel if missed it you can still watch the stream archives Twitch.tv/MK_ForeverKing

Final score: 41-36 my favor

Super close! It was alot of fun & hope you guys enjoyed watching. Next up Zyphox!

Hey what's up everybody! So I don't know if you guys have been keeping up with me or Slayer's social media lately, but for those who haven't I recently came up with an exciting new competitive format that I like to call the NRS Gauntlet.

So basically how it goes is you and one other person play eachother in all 5 NRS games:

Mortal Kombat 9
Injustice 1
Mortal Kombat X
Injustice 2
Mortal Kombat 11

You play all five games in separate FT10's back to back against eachother all in the same day. Then after all five FT10's are finished, you add up the total wins from both players across all 5 games and whoever has more wins overall is technically the better NRS player :D

Slayer liked my idea and challenged me, so I drove up to his house on Monday and he streamed an NRS Guantlet between us. Our exhibition is still in his Twitch archive if you want to watch it, it took about 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete.

We had so much fun doing it that we are already planning a runback offline sometime in September. We had like 500 viewers watching the stream and they all seemed to love it too, so I wanna start making this exhibition a regular thing I do. It's really interesting because you get to see all the NRS games being played at high level and compare them. Most of the chat seemed to think Injustice 1 was the most hype.

Zyphox said he's down to drive to my apartment and run the NRS Gauntlet against me sometime in Septemeber. My little brother Franco or Burrito Voorhees/Forever King Jr loves the idea as well and I'm flying him to my apartment next week so we can stream the NRS Gauntlet vs eachother. I'll definitely update you guys if we figure out an exact date for me vs Zyphox, Franco, and Slayer runback!

Let's use this thread to get some discussion going. What players do you guys think would do well in this format? Who's good at all 5 NRS games? Who's really good at 3-4 of the NRS games, so they could still win an NRS Gauntlet against somebody who's decent at all 5? Let's hear about some dream matchups!

Also Ed Boon did say on Twitter recently that he's thinking about hosting an NRS Cup with all 5 games sometime in the future, and he would even consider adding rollback netcode to MK9 and Injustice 1 if Covid is still in effect by then. I feel like my NRS Gauntlet format could help you practice to be in shape for an NRS Cup if it was to happen!
That's a great idea! I just got done watching the MK9 FT10 and I had a blast. That game was so much hype. Way more fun to watch than MK11.