What's new

NRS - Engine update history review (MK9 - Injustice 2) and suggestions for future improvement

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
I like to separate characters like Cold,Red Hood, Enchantress, or the such from characters like Flash. One can mix you after landing a knockdown but don't have any raw 50/50s.

IJ2 is far tamer than MKX imo when it comes to 50/50s
No one likes getting mixed by Flash or the others, but nightmare flash backs of pre nerf Sonya and Quan Chi make me prefer him to them so I agree.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
No one likes getting mixed by Flash or the others, but nightmare flash backs of pre nerf Sonya and Quan Chi make me prefer him to them so I agree.
Also the amount of these raw overhead/low 50/50s is less than in MKX imo.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
There are a lot of 50/50 characters in this game, most of them are pretty tame compared to MKX though so I don't think a lot of people really notice, or they just gloss over it cause the only one thats a real problem is Flash
Definitely not just flash. Hes just overused. Canary cold blue beetle have 50 50s that are just as messed up as his but how many actually use him? Hellboy leaps fullscreen and can put u in a 50 50. The only tame thing is lack of a run button. I personally feel like these 50 50s are on par with last patch mkx

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Definitely not just flash. Hes just overused. Canary cold blue beetle have 50 50s that are just as messed up as his but how many actually use him? Hellboy leaps fullscreen and can put u in a 50 50. The only tame thing is lack of a run button. I personally feel like these 50 50s are on par with last patch mkx
It's not like Cold can just walk up and straight mix you though, he has to get the knockdown first. Hellboy, he does have mix, but it's not like it's free if he just does a fullscreen leap, if you're ready for it you'll anti-air him consistently. If he staggers it then it becomes harder tho.

To me the only true 50/50 characters are Bane, Canary, Beetle, Brainiac, Cheetah, Flash, Firestorm, Scarecrow, Swamp Thing. All other 50/50s require setups, are fuzzyable, or need some sort of special circumstance to be done. These are the only characters that when you're at negative frames it's a guess.

And Darkseid I guess. Maybe Hellboy.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
The only tame thing is lack of a run button.
That's sorta the thing. Against most of those characters you have to lose at least a round of neutral in order for them to go ham on you. That was mostly the same in MKX, but the neutral itself here is more... human-friendly.