What's new

NRS dedication to MK11

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
If you’re losing to people who are just mashing pokes, d2s, and disrespecting hit advantage you either 1) have no idea how to play the game or 2) Don’t realize that online play in any game incurs a bit of latency, which means you may need to input your response a little bit faster. That’s it.

I’m going to guess it’s both. Most of these complaints about being unable to beat mashers come from guys who are unable to get past Master in KL and want to blame the game for their losses.

Nobody in the top 3 ranks plays this way. Because if they did, they’d get blown up for it. And almost no one in the lower 6 ranks is even teching thows, or using flawless block. So I’m questioning your statement about how frequently you get hit with a throw KB, etc.

In any case, if you can’t beat a d2 masher 7-8 months into the game’s life that’s entirely on you.
"I’m going to guess it’s both. Most of these complaints about being unable to beat mashers come from guys who are unable to get past Master in KL and want to blame the game for their losses."

Are you on drugs Crimson? Sikander has made Elder God every KL season. Multiple people in Elder God on all platforms play like this Lao player, it's literally the fucking meta of the game.

Gaxkang

Banned
Why would you attempt to interrupt f44? This sounds like you've never played against a decent Baraka. No Baraka is going to throw gutted out after f4 just in case you 'try something'. They will occasionally use chop-chop in certain situations (like d1~chop to catch a counterpoke), but the situation you're speaking of literally doesn't exist.
Intuitively one wouldn't try to interrupt f44, but someone jumping into the game might get the idea that they could block f4 and jab interrupt the special (gutless) but that sort of thing doesn't exist in the game. They have to keep blocking and hope that is the right thing vs. what the Baraka will really do.

And I've definitely seen gutted come out on hit and block.

Staggers and d1 have literally nothing to do with each other. If you d1 it's because you expect your opponent to hit a button. If you're staggering it's because you expect them to block first and you want to open them up.
You had seemingly said after blocking f4 an option was staggering the Baraka. They can crouch block after the f4, and they can also hit D1 after you block f4.
I don't see the opportunity to stagger with part of a string.

In every 'situation' you've listed if you just block, you can take your turn afterward. It sounds like you understand neither the game nor Baraka's offense, but are trying to convince people that you do.
I only related what the training mode had showed when I set up the situation. And that's in offline conditions.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Even funnier is people accepting japanese games literally doing the same shit with the same animations for over 20 years yet mk re-uses (and updates) everything and its an issue.
Oh my God. This so much. I mean, how the hell is Ryu having the same moveset in every SF game labeled as 'consistent' (while NRS gives their character different basic moves and combos), but when MK reuses one idle stance, they are 'lazy' and 'incompetent'? Seriously, enough with this shit!

Oh my God. This so much. I mean, how the hell is Ryu having the same moveset in every SF game labeled as 'consistent' (while NRS gives their character different basic moves and combos), but when MK reuses one idle stance, they are 'lazy' and 'incompetent'? Seriously, enough with this shit!
well sf is a legacy game