What's new

NRS are fooling us - Kombat League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
What is thing supposed to be anyway?
No clue.
I think it may be similar to faction wars.
Compete as a group for points. Or it has to do with esports. Like you pick a player and the better they do at tournaments the more gifts you receive. Something like Smite does. Basically reward you for following tournaments.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Yeah I noticed that. Also has NRS said anything about it? Like have they even mentioned it at all?

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
I will also like to point that Kombat League has not been talked about once if I'm not mistaken; not in any interviews or from their very own Kombat Kast.
Tyler and Bit said that there will be more Kombat Kasts. But so far we've only had one post launch and it was impromptu to address Towers of Time.

Bliss

Noob
NRS strategy is to keep leading people on. Similar to a "tour guide" who leads you on to where you can buy those endorphin boosting drugs in South America. But, instead of leading you where you think you're going, he leads you to your doom into the hands of eight men with guns.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
If I had to guess, I would say maybe the Kombat League is like poker. If you place or win in some online tournaments or rankings, they cover your ticket and transpo to a tournament for them?

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I think it's likely whatever post launch plans they had got altered when the game was not received how they expected it to be.
If they would have been honest and upfront and shared information instead of waiting last minute people might have reacted differently.

They pushed this game out of the door without a fully concrete plan and it shows. No info on variations until the last minute. No stream going over single player modes. No Kombat Pack info. Still no idea what Kombat league is, Awkward/poorly chosen tournament variations, completely ridiculous single player difficulty and grind, list goes on.

NRS die hards and pros will make it out like only casuals whine, but they forget that MK11 was a 60$ product that botched its release. Its still a video game at the end if the day and people will judge it as such.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
No clue.
I think it may be similar to faction wars.
Compete as a group for points. Or it has to do with esports. Like you pick a player and the better they do at tournaments the more gifts you receive. Something like Smite does. Basically reward you for following tournaments.
I'm guessing it's best of 3 (possibly 5) competitive MK with tourney settings, a ranking system and a ladder. Just my prediction.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
It really doesn't seem rushed. Injustice 2 was rushed. MK11's unlock system is pretty bad, but that's really my only complaint.
As a guy who thinks its 10/10 and my Game of the Year I think it was rushed.
-Towers of Time weren't play tested. No way they could have been.
-The reward to work ratio was way off (it's better now)
-Wave Dashes are a bug
-99% of the skins are just pallet swaps which take 5 seconds to make
-I'm convinced D'Vorah is unfinished
-You can tell which characters came later in development by their "special" options simply being combo strings they cut from the core of the character
-Takeda is unaddressed despite going to the Shirai Ryu Fire Garden and dialogue from Jacqui implying they are engaged
-Kung Jin is unaddresed despite visiting the White Lotus Temple and dialogue from Kung Lao suggests he is back with the monks

I love mk11. I love NRS. I'm undeniably a fanboy. I think the game is their best yet. But it was rushed. Announced in December and released in April? That is really quick considering according to Derek when they showed D'Vorah at Xbox's event in March she was literally unfinished and just a model.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
If they would have been honest and upfront and shared information instead of waiting last minute people might have reacted differently.

They pushed this game out of the door without a fully concrete plan and it shows. No info on variations until the last minute. No stream going over single player modes. No Kombat Pack info. Still no idea what Kombat league is, Awkward/poorly chosen tournament variations, completely ridiculous single player difficulty and grind, list goes on.

NRS die hards and pros will make it out like only casuals whine, but they forget that MK11 was a 60$ product that botched its release. Its still a video game at the end if the day and people will judge it as such.
That is 100% accurate. I've actually been thinking about selling the game. There are just so many things about it that frustrate me. It's a shame because the gameplay is good, but they went full mobile game with the progression. It's frustrating.

Gamer68

Fujin!
For those questioning what the Kombat League is: there's like a 99% chance it's a proper ranked. Take a look here: https://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mk11/kk_borders/

In the game's files that are more Kombat Kard customizations including borders and something new named badges. Given how they look, they are themed/colored, it's easy to assume it has to do with a ranking system. But if you look at the file names it basically confirms it. Taken from the file names, it looks like the rankings are:
  • Novice (unranked?)
  • Kombatant (bronze)
  • Warrior (silver)
  • Champion (gold)
  • Master (platinum)
  • Grand Master (sapphire)
  • Demi God (emerald)
  • God (ruby)
  • Elder God (diamond)
The badges in order from worst to best:

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
@Gamer68
Man, I hope not. I hate it when games have these scarlet letter style shaming mechanics.
Oh you suck at this game you love? Let's get you a badge to let everyone know you are worthless scrub.

mook

Noob
For those questioning what the Kombat League is: there's like a 99% chance it's a proper ranked. Take a look here: https://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mk11/kk_borders/

In the game's files that are more Kombat Kard customizations including borders and something new named badges. Given how they look, they are themed/colored, it's easy to assume it has to do with a ranking system. But if you look at the file names it basically confirms it. Taken from the file names, it looks like the rankings are:
  • Novice (unranked?)
  • Kombatant (bronze)
  • Warrior (silver)
  • Champion (gold)
  • Master (platinum)
  • Demi God (emerald)
  • God (ruby)
  • Elder God (diamond)
View attachment 14542
Two Ranked Modes? :rolleyes:

But it was rushed. Announced in December and released in April? That is really quick considering according to Derek when they showed D'Vorah at Xbox's event in March she was literally unfinished and just a model.
"Announced" doesn't mean shit. People announce they're having a baby ~3months after conception. It doesn't mean they magically created a kid in 6months just because you didn't hear about it the moment it happened.

They were working on this since after Injustice2, no doubt about it. They just pushed back the announcement so there's less time till release and to create some hype with the whole "is there going to be a new MK? thing". And that clearly worked going by all the discussion between Apr - Dec 2018.

They may have underestimated the time required for the content they had planned, but they definitely didn't have 6months less dev time because it was announced 6months later.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.

• Novice (unranked?)
  • Kombatant (bronze)
  • Warrior (silver)
  • Champion (gold)
  • Master (platinum)
  • Demi God (emerald)
  • God (ruby)
  • Elder God (diamond)
View attachment 14542
Geez if this is true it would be incredible, especially if your rank was tied to the character you are playing like some other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.