What's new

NRS Adds $10,000 Pot Bonus to MKX at Kumite In Tennessee Jan 15-17, 2016!!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Breaking news, right from @tylerlansdown himself, NRS is adding a $10,000 Pot Bonus for Mortal Kombat X at Kumite In Tennessee!! The tournament is going down January 15-17th, 2016, in Memphis, Tennessee. Not only is MKX there, but there will be a large presence for Injustice as well (You can sign up to enter IGAU by clicking HERE), which will have some great prizes to give out as well. Thanks to Ed & NRS for giving this Pot Bonus to this amazing tourney EVERYONE should attend. Any questions about KiT 2016 should ask @Vandy, and check out the Official TYM Tourney thread for KiT 2016 by clicking HERE.

Edit: Here is a quick word from KiT TO, Vandy, that you all need to read :)

"Hey guys, just want to say thank you to the NRS community for supporting KIT over the past few years as we have grown together. I know for certain that this would not have been possible if not for the all the people who came out to support Injustice before MKX ever came out. Special thanks to Forever King for waving the KIT banner during our formative years and helping to give KIT a spotlight. I am humbled that NRS has taken notice of our event to make KIT even better.

I am so excited about this announcement and cannot wait to put on a great event for you at KIT 2016!"

KIT_10k_NRSpotbonus.jpg

Vandy

Kumite!
Hey guys, just want to say thank you to the NRS community for supporting KIT over the past few years as we have grown together. I know for certain that this would not have been possible if not for the all the people who came out to support Injustice before MKX ever came out. Special thanks to Forever King for waving the KIT banner during our formative years and helping to give KIT a spotlight. I am humbled that NRS has taken notice of our event to make KIT even better.

I am so excited about this announcement and cannot wait to put on a great event for you at KIT 2016!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I am very happy we're supporting this tournament. Huge props to Vandy and his staff for making NRS games big time, main event games in 2014 with Injustice long before MKX was released.

KIT will always mean a lot to me. 2014 was the first major I placed top 8 in with Catwoman. 2015 was the last major I placed top 8 in with Kitana and was my final tournament as an active competitor.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Can like a few hundred of that $10,000 go into a smaller Injustice pot bonus? That would be pretty cool

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Good to see the Midwest getting in on some of dat esports $$$. Huge props to @Vandy for really turing KIT into something special.

I remember the very first KIT back in the TTT1 days. Must've been around 2000 or 2001. Me and the old STL Tekken crew were in our motel sleeping when the cops busted in cause we had a local kid staying with us after the tourney and they thought we were abducting him lol.

It was even more difficult telling the cops we were there for a video game tournament. A time where video games were still kinda considered taboo and being mainly for children. Ah good times.

Vandy

Kumite!
Good to see the Midwest getting in on some of dat esports $$$. Huge props to @Vandy for really turing KIT into something special.

I remember the very first KIT back in the TTT1 days. Must've been around 2000 or 2001. Me and the old STL Tekken crew were in our motel sleeping when the cops busted in cause we had a local kid staying with us after the tourney and they thought we were abducting him lol.

It was even more difficult telling the cops we were there for a video game tournament. A time where video games were still kinda considered taboo and being mainly for children. Ah good times.
Lol I've heard about that story - your history with KIT pre-dates even mine!