What's new

Strategy Now That's What I Call An Entrance -- Green Arrow General Discussion Thread

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
7L

Quick question for you...as a Bane player I know that it essentially takes a multihit move to deal with Bane's Venom. This always has me trying to figure out who has tools to stop his armored pressure game. This led me to a thought on Green Arrow in the corner.

If you knock down Bane or anyone else in the corner and you jump over them and do MB arrows straight down does it hit enough times to blow up their armored wakeup every time? It does a shit load of damage and I dont think its clashable on its own so Im curious if all 4 arrows hit and blow through their armor or not and if so if its just on the big dude's like Bane if he goes for Venom Uppercut or something on wakeup.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on this one.

7L

Heads up!
7L

Quick question for you...as a Bane player I know that it essentially takes a multihit move to deal with Bane's Venom. This always has me trying to figure out who has tools to stop his armored pressure game. This led me to a thought on Green Arrow in the corner.

If you knock down Bane or anyone else in the corner and you jump over them and do MB arrows straight down does it hit enough times to blow up their armored wakeup every time? It does a shit load of damage and I dont think its clashable on its own so Im curious if all 4 arrows hit and blow through their armor or not and if so if its just on the big dude's like Bane if he goes for Venom Uppercut or something on wakeup.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on this one.

jimmyTaters did a thread on this. From what he said, it does beat most of his wake up options with the EX MB dead on after his sweep, I'm not sure about a normal knockdown but I don't think that it would because you can wake up pretty quickly after a normal knockdown from a bnb corner combo. I'll have to look into it once my game gets back in the mail from ClaudeVS -_-

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
jimmyTaters did a thread on this. From what he said, it does beat most of his wake up options with the EX MB dead on after his sweep, I'm not sure about a normal knockdown but I don't think that it would because you can wake up pretty quickly after a normal knockdown from a bnb corner combo. I'll have to look into it once my game gets back in the mail from ClaudeVS -_-

Yah it would depend on the knockdown, and if they techrolled a normal one, shit like that, off a sweep in the corner though, it should work.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Yah it would depend on the knockdown, and if they techrolled a normal one, shit like that, off a sweep in the corner though, it should work.
Thanks for this. I've been stuck on circuitry homework all week and dont have time to lab it out. I've just been popping in to mod a bit between term papers and exams.

I was just wondering if its me or does cancelling Beast Slayer into a special have a weird window or timing? If its just me, what cue should I look out for?

How is Ollie standing after the patch? I honestly didn't mess around with it too much since my friend got me into Marvel lol. If he isn't ass-tier I'll probably start investing time into this game again, though.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
How is Ollie standing after the patch? I honestly didn't mess around with it too much since my friend got me into Marvel lol. If he isn't ass-tier I'll probably start investing time into this game again, though.
Like Jimmypotato said, he's nothing greater than Mid Tier at best. He has good tools. Kan play a low risk and lower reward playstyle. Or a high risk, medium reward playstyle. He zones rushdown characters and gets outzoned by zoners. He also gets messed up by stage interactables as most other characters dominate the stages better than he does.

His fast long dash offsets his vulnerability to zoners and patient players but he mostly relies on konditioning and patience to get through most match ups. There's an answer to everything he does but generally he has an answer for everything the opponent kan do, it just generally komes with a lower reward and sometimes higher risk.

ando1184

Noob
Has there been anymore talk of future patches or fixes? I haven't seen anything said or hinted about this game anymore??

ando1184

Noob
I haven't heard anything.. Why? Wondering about how good Arrow's going to be?
No nothing like that, I just feel like the game is still unfinished and needs a few more tweaks here and there. Arrows fine for the most part imo but other characters and game mechanics are still busted like the MB interactable glitch that's why I'm asking. Yes I do think some characters do need some more attention via nerfs/buffs like MMH also, but that could just vs lack of MU experience idk. But as of right now, I feel he's become vanilla SM material at this point?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
No nothing like that, I just feel like the game is still unfinished and needs a few more tweaks here and there. Arrows fine for the most part imo but other characters and game mechanics are still busted like the MB interactable glitch that's why I'm asking. Yes I do think some characters do need some more attention via nerfs/buffs like MMH also, but that could just vs lack of MU experience idk. But as of right now, I feel he's become vanilla SM material at this point?
I'm bias on MMH because I use him and have never played against a good MMH yet... (Will soon though) I agree on low scoop being more punishable but not necessarily the overhead teleport like a lot of people say. A tweek kould be that it's never punishable but that he is -5 (aka he has to be defensive) and left up klose. This changes match ups and gives Martian's with good defense the upperhand while Martian's with poor defense will suffer for it.

What's SM? If you're saying MMH is like vanilla Superman you are waaay off.. Vanilla Superman was super broken and didn't rely on set ups to get wins. He just needed one string and a minimal thought process.

PS: To me MMH is like the savior of Injustice. The hero I needed to save me from all the boring top tiers...

ando1184

Noob
I'm bias on MMH because I use him and have never played against a good MMH yet... (Will soon though) I agree on low scoop being more punishable but not necessarily the overhead teleport like a lot of people say. A tweek kould be that it's never punishable but that he is -5 (aka he has to be defensive) and left up klose. This changes match ups and gives Martian's with good defense the upperhand while Martian's with poor defense will suffer for it.

What's SM? If you're saying MMH is like vanilla Superman you are waaay off.. Vanilla Superman was super broken and didn't rely on set ups to get wins. He just needed one string and a minimal thought process.

PS: To me MMH is like the savior of Injustice. The hero I needed to save me from all the boring top tiers...
I only put in that Superman comment because MMH can start the match with a 40+ safe combo starter and pressure due to his trait. That's similar to how f2,3 used to be for Supes. MMH can start a combo fullscreen and continue pressure on block, plus he has some crazy setups and traps with the bomb orb that looks unblockable. These are the reasons I compared him to SM, sorry to offend but he seems like an overwhelming character for GA and other characters I use. Again, this might just be my lack of character knowledge though. I don't really know since I still don't own the character myself, maybe i can get some online matches with ya sometime red.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I only put in that Superman comment because MMH can start the match with a 40+ safe combo starter and pressure due to his trait. That's similar to how f2,3 used to be for Supes. MMH can start a combo fullscreen and continue pressure on block, plus he has some crazy setups and traps with the bomb orb that looks unblockable. These are the reasons I compared him to SM, sorry to offend but he seems like an overwhelming character for GA and other characters I use. Again, this might just be my lack of character knowledge though. I don't really know since I still don't own the character myself, maybe i can get some online matches with ya sometime red.
F23 at the start of a match was absolutely no risk..

The overhead tele kan be read and punished, even if it is a really good opener.. (Which I don't really think it's that great.) He doesn't have unblockables but he does have kross ups.. I think a lot of the top tiers kan be overwhelming. Martian is like Batman in that he kan kontrol the whole screen but somethings are easier for Martian and some things are easier for Batman.. Very match up dependent. Ask a Doomsday player and he'll probably tell you that Martian isn't that bad but Batman is a problem.

We should play sometime. If you want we kan play after I eat. But I must warn you I usually suck for a while before I get used to online.

I'll play the GA vs MMH match offline tonight (10pm or later PST). We might even stream it if we play on PS4 but that means that Krayzie isn't going to be up to his normal level because he normally plays on hitbox.

PS: I'm not particularly offended by the Vanilla Superman-Martian komparison. I just think you're underestimating Vanilla Superman.

ando1184

Noob
Well I'll be outta town until next Sunday but I'll try and jump online as soon as I can. Sorry I couldn't play the other night, I was traveling. How did the offline matches go?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Well I'll be outta town until next Sunday but I'll try and jump online as soon as I can. Sorry I couldn't play the other night, I was traveling. How did the offline matches go?
The matches went well. We ended up doing a first to ten and the score was 9 - 3 Martian. Then I went super serious mode and won 3 games straight. It ended at 10 - 6. The match up doesn't seem like an 8 - 2 like some people believe but I kan see the strengths Martian has in the match up..

Also, I kan see why people komplain so much about Martian. He's not that much of a problem offline but I think most people only play against Martian's online and that overhead teleport kan be impossible to react to online. I was having trouble doing MB B3 on reaction and the fact that he has super quick instant airs on hitbox doesn't help...

ando1184

Noob
The matches went well. We ended up doing a first to ten and the score was 9 - 3 Martian. Then I went super serious mode and won 3 games straight. It ended at 10 - 6. The match up doesn't seem like an 8 - 2 like some people believe but I kan see the strengths Martian has in the match up..

Also, I kan see why people komplain so much about Martian. He's not that much of a problem offline but I think most people only play against Martian's online and that overhead teleport kan be impossible to react to online. I was having trouble doing MB B3 on reaction and the fact that he has super quick instant airs on hitbox doesn't help...
That explains a lot, thanks for doing the research. I play almost strictly online since I live in a community that mostly just plays SF and UMVC3. I look forward to playing you later Red and thanks for the info man.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
That explains a lot, thanks for doing the research. I play almost strictly online since I live in a community that mostly just plays SF and UMVC3. I look forward to playing you later Red and thanks for the info man.
Yeah. Just be sure you know the timing of MB B3. You kan't do it too early because Arrow begins to move forward and it'll wiff. There's a timing where you kan hit him while he is landing behind you but it's risky. I recommend just doing a late MB B3 and holding it until he bounces back, then releasing.

Practice it if you kan..

You kan also Sky Alert on reaction to the overhead tele but you have to be expecting it and on point.

D

Deleted member 28105

Today, on one of my normal ranked.. escapades I ran into a regular batgirl, doing regular batgirl stuff. I blocked a cartwheel and proceeded to cancel B13 into super in order to use the block stun to create an inescapable setup. Much to my surprise, she jumped out of it. Does this no longer work? Has is been changed?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Today, on one of my normal ranked.. escapades I ran into a regular batgirl, doing regular batgirl stuff. I blocked a cartwheel and proceeded to cancel B13 into super in order to use the block stun to create an inescapable setup. Much to my surprise, she jumped out of it. Does this no longer work? Has is been changed?
It can be backdashed, don't know if jumped out of.

7L

Heads up!
was it instant? the b13 has to cancel into it right away, you cant hit it, pause and then do it. I know that sometimes i have trouble getting this out because you literally have to make a read and hope they don't get hit by it so it's pretty much a mash situation. 111 on block still works against her but not ds or flash or hg. She also may be able to get out of 111 on block with her flying uppercut, i'll test it though.