What's new

Strategy Now That's What I Call An Entrance -- Green Arrow General Discussion Thread

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Could be the wrong spot but considering the patch just dropped and MU's are changing, I'm curious who would be a good secondary and possibly 3rd character to cover some of GA's worse MU's.
I guess it depends which match ups you really struggle with, I'm still on the fence about needing a second. Aquaman is still a fuckin nightmare for me.

7L

Heads up!
lol I suck balls at is so I leave that to the pros 7L ;)
delayed timing on the j3, instant on the j2. Take's a little bit in training mode then you'll hit it on the small hitbox characters. Just watch out when you hit an ice arrow after a anti air, you'll get them dropping oddly after the j2 hits and you'll wiff 111 on small hitboxes.

223 is a good ender but it gets tricky on small hitboxes

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
delayed timing on the j3, instant on the j2. Take's a little bit in training mode then you'll hit it on the small hitbox characters. Just watch out when you hit an ice arrow after a anti air, you'll get them dropping oddly after the j2 hits and you'll wiff 111 on small hitboxes.

223 is a good ender but it gets tricky on small hitboxes
Who's the hardest character to nail them on, in your opinion? Batgirl?

7L

Heads up!
Who's the hardest character to nail them on, in your opinion? Batgirl?

Harley/batgirl/frost are all tough. In all honesty, once you get the timing down. You'll find it harder on the large characters (bane,grundy, etc.) They fool you into thinking you have more time. I actually drop it on grundy the most...which isnt too often.

Karyotic

Destiny leaves it's mark
I guess it depends which match ups you really struggle with, I'm still on the fence about needing a second. Aquaman is still a fuckin nightmare for me.
Aquaman is the main reason for me too, from the deep and the good range he gets on his attacks its an uphill fight. I'm on the fence between Ares and Joker at the moment, for the sole purpose I find them fun to play.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Is there any value in meaty MB stinger?

I was using GA in lab, just curious. <3
Tick throws apparently. You can hold forward and hit throw during MB stinger and it'll allow GA to throw some of the cast.

Reactions: RYX

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
One thing I noticed with MB Dead On:
On small and average sized characters (I think) you can hit them with a cross up j3 xx MB Dead on, in the corner and land back outside of the corner, but standing on top of the enemy. This can be done after something like f2d13, 111 xx sky alert, 111 arrow load -> j3
By doing this I noticed that the hard knock down would be canceled out and the wake up window seemed to be smaller. If someone could explore this you might end up finding an otg.

BlastX21

Noob
7L, in some of your matches when you don't have an arrow, you do f2d13 + normal arrow, then load arrow. Why do you fire the arrow though? If you just do f2d13 - load arrow, you sacrifice 1% damage, but have enough frame advantage to oki them. When you fire a normal arrow and then load afterwards, you have significantly less advantage - definently not enough to get in close range without risking getting hit from their wakeup.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
What the fuck do I do against Frost? Jesus.
Knock her down and rush her ass. Bait out wake up slide by jumping straight up with dead on. When they respect that you can jump 1,2 or 3 into pressure on her wake up. On blocked slide it's all about making the right read honestly. Just don't get caught in her vortex. Can't really give a ton of detail right this sec, going to work.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Knock her down and rush her ass. Bait out wake up slide by jumping straight up with dead on. When they respect that you can jump 1,2 or 3 into pressure on her wake up. On blocked slide it's all about making the right read honestly. Just don't get caught in her vortex. Can't really give a ton of detail right this sec, going to work.
Using Dead On was definitely something I wasn't doing. Gonna have to try that out, since dealing with the fact that she has wakeup slide gives me the shits.

7L

Heads up!
7L, in some of your matches when you don't have an arrow, you do f2d13 + normal arrow, then load arrow. Why do you fire the arrow though? If you just do f2d13 - load arrow, you sacrifice 1% damage, but have enough frame advantage to oki them. When you fire a normal arrow and then load afterwards, you have significantly less advantage - definently not enough to get in close range without risking getting hit from their wakeup.

If it doesn't connect, that leaves you at +3 from the arrow ending. If it hits, they are pushed back even further. I don't like getting into habits that leave you drastically negative like loading arrow from that distance, I'd rather continue pressure at advantage rather than allowing the opponent to get in and me having an ice arrow out.

Scoot Magee

If it doesn't connect, that leaves you at +3 from the arrow ending. If it hits, they are pushed back even further. I don't like getting into habits that leave you drastically negative like loading arrow from that distance, I'd rather continue pressure at advantage rather than allowing the opponent to get in and me having an ice arrow out.
It's actually even more + than that because of the distance of the arrow after the f2d13 string. It's really good for pressure.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Random question: Are people using ice arrow interactable traps? e.g., firing a jump ice arrow after the roomba on Hall of Justice or doing the same in reverse order with the Gotham dumpster? Wondering if it's something worth making a thread about.

Scoot Magee

Random question: Are people using ice arrow interactable traps? e.g., firing a jump ice arrow after the roomba on Hall of Justice or doing the same in reverse order with the Gotham dumpster? Wondering if it's something worth making a thread about.
Those are all good things to do. I'm sure a thread about all the different traps could be useful.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I doubt I'm aware of all the effective ones, but I'll try and remember to sit down and write it up after work tonight. Might poke at zaf for some recording assistance.