What's new

Question - Ferra/Torr Not understanding Ferra/Torr under pressure.

ApocalypseUK

I Will Kill You For Sport.
I'm currently trying to main Ferra/Torr at the minute, I think i'm doing ok, but i'm really struggling against people that are aggressive or explosive in your face. I just feel like no matter what Ferra/Torr just isn't fast enough or he only has quick high's which then allows the opponent to just sit there poking you with D1 and then back into pressure.

If anyone has any idea's, that would be extremely helpful and much appreciated.

I also stream from time to time so if you would like to tell me directly or comment on ways I could improve, or even if you think I'm alright lol just drop me a message, Ill happily reply :)

and not just that gives the Ferra/Torr community some Ferra/Torr love :)
http://www.twitch.tv/apocalypseuk

Alucard

The worst good player ever.
What variation changes things. He has EX run (forgot the notation) that gives him crazy ass armor. He has mid to lows and he can cancel into ball roll in his lackey variation. I only play Lackey so it would be nice to know which variation you use so other people who know those variations can help.

Alucard

That's great then. His armored steamroll that I think is bf3 has 4 frames of armor on startup then 4 hits while running. His EX ball is fullscreen with good armor. Hell even armored Torryuken screws people over incase they are jumping and can lead into a combo. I use all of these on wake ups depending on who I am facing. Armoring through some things can actually make people more afraid and you can condition them to block f2 which opens them up for b2 combo. To get really good pressure you can use his ball as a tech roll to get ontop of the opponent and then jumping can cause a false-ish crossup situation which can really mess up people's wake up. I've only played him offline against some people I know so idk how well anything is online against the d2 army.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Lackey's D1 is one the best D1 of the game 6f startup,-2 block.... so you can mash it aggainst anything with >8f poke. And his range? ridiculous.. Also Ex-Torryken opens a 30% combo if someone rushdown you.
Pressure? LOL

ApocalypseUK

That's great then. His armored steamroll that I think is bf3 has 4 frames of armor on startup then 4 hits while running. His EX ball is fullscreen with good armor. Hell even armored Torryuken screws people over incase they are jumping and can lead into a combo. I use all of these on wake ups depending on who I am facing. Armoring through some things can actually make people more afraid and you can condition them to block f2 which opens them up for b2 combo. To get really good pressure you can use his ball as a tech roll to get ontop of the opponent and then jumping can cause a false-ish crossup situation which can really mess up people's wake up. I've only played him offline against some people I know so idk how well anything is online against the d2 army.
Arhh I see ok thank you for this really appreciate it, would love to see some videos of this being performed in an actual match, to be honest in general would be good to start seeing some more Ferra/Torr matches :p Yeh I play PC and lets just say the PC version is messed up at the minute so that might be another reason for me struggling at times with pressure.

Good point also Chino, always good to hear people putting things into more perspective :)

Alucard

Arhh I see ok thank you for this really appreciate it, would love to see some videos of this being performed in an actual match, to be honest in general would be good to start seeing some more Ferra/Torr matches :p Yeh I play PC and lets just say the PC version is messed up at the minute so that might be another reason for me struggling at times with pressure.

Good point also Chino, always good to hear people putting things into more perspective :)
This isn't mine but it's an amazing video. Hopefully this weekend I can get hours on hours of footage since i'll prob be up 48 hours straight. I'll def try and get myself pressured in order to turn on him and slap the shit outta people.

@Skkra I love picking him against Jacqui spammers since she does 4 shots lol

ApocalypseUK

This isn't mine but it's an amazing video. Hopefully this weekend I can get hours on hours of footage since i'll prob be up 48 hours straight. I'll def try and get myself pressured in order to turn on him and slap the shit outta people.

@Skkra I love picking him against Jacqui spammers since she does 4 shots lol
Yeh seen this video its what helped me get into Torr Lackey :) very good guide, Yeh that would be sweet. If you have a stream or anything put it up ill happily watch/follow :)

Alucard

Yeh seen this video its what helped me get into Torr Lackey :) very good guide, Yeh that would be sweet. If you have a stream or anything put it up ill happily watch/follow :)
I'll be at a friends house so idk how the quality will be but if I stream it will prob be offline since online is a shit fest and I doubt his internet can handle both. Also offline AI is godlike. My stream is twitch.tv/llxalucardxll and i'll be on at like 8pm est on friday but wayy earlier on sat. My youtube is in my TYM profile in case you can't watch the stream. I really appreciate it. I also play Takeda and Kenshi in case that matters lmao.

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
You don't even need meter with Lackey Torr to break any kind of pressure.. B,F3 has some frames of invincibility for projectiles at start-up, which turn into meterless armor if hit by a normal. Also, keep in mind that Ferra/Torr at all variations has great pokes. D1 is as _CHINOCUDEIRO_ described and D3 is also a very good low poke. Use these tools to counter pressure

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
That's great then. His armored steamroll that I think is bf3 has 4 frames of armor on startup then 4 hits while running.
I think @Doombawkz said that their number diminishes as he runs, so you will be stuffed by 2-hit attack of you are hit at the end of the run. Not sure though.

Also, 4 frames on startup? If that's true, then relying on those is really like feeling lucky, punk. If so, where the info so precise is coming from?

Alucard

I think @Doombawkz said that their number diminishes as he runs, so you will be stuffed by 2-hit attack of you are hit at the end of the run. Not sure though.

Also, 4 frames on startup? If that's true, then relying on those is really like feeling lucky, punk. If so, where the info so precise is coming from?
Yeah relying on them is really lucky buy i've done it against people trying to hit my wakeups with a d3 after hearing about it. I'm not sure if it's exactly 4 but that's what it said in the video I linked. I've never heard of it getting stuffed at the end of it tho.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah relying on them is really lucky buy i've done it against people trying to hit my wakeups with a d3 after hearing about it. I'm not sure if it's exactly 4 but that's what it said in the video I linked. I've never heard of it getting stuffed at the end of it tho.
I play a lot of Goro players, I can basically affirm you that at the end of the run Goro can stomp you out of it with his two-hit kick.

Also

I think he means 4 hits of armor, unless he is talking about the natural armor, in which case it sticks around until the run starts so give or take you'll have about 20 frames in which the armor can activate.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I'll be on friday at like 7pm est and can play with you. I just might need to practice since i'm used to my Vita and will actually have a TV lmao
Sounds great just add me whenever my PSN Is substructurex. I definitely need to practice against some good Smalls Biggies.

Just do NJP its takes up half the screen if your under pressure It works well and on top of that cant even see it coming.Im Jax player and thats what I see alot.:mad::mad:

Alucard

Just do NJP its takes up half the screen if your under pressure It works well and on top of that cant even see it coming.Im Jax player and thats what I see alot.:mad::mad:
If you ever ever see someone jump I advise just do a gotcha grab. Shit's godlike anti-air.