What's new

Not 1 post in a week.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I just want to throw out some misc info due to the mass inactivity on this forum. Just trying to bring some life into this place.

This stuff might be known, it's nothing crazy but just stuff I've been messing with.

There may be a lack of detail due to me posting from my phone on vacation. This will all be stuff that follows up from 111 standing arrow.

111 normal arrow followed by a jumpin late 2 crosses up and can lead to big damage if you have meter. It's a great way to score more damage when you end combos with an ice arrow. This only works if the other player is holding back to block.

If you use j3 it will not cross up and you can convert into dead on or any of his consistent juggles on standing characters.

For a low option you have mb slide and overhead option of b23.

In the corner j1 will crossup and lead to big damage. There seems to be a lot of dirty stuff you can do in the corner off the standing arrow. I can get into it later.

Just aiming to start a discussion. Post up any info you have relating to this.

ando1184

Noob
If Arrows super trades with something and you can get an otg slide after. Or in the corner you can otg with like d3 or probably other stuff too.
Yeah in the corner you can Queens Gambit and the D1 will OTG (tight window though), but that can lead to good dmg after blowing Super at least. Good find man :) and @Scoot Magee, you too.

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

After 111 arrow in the corner of you delay your jump in by a few frames j1 will cross up and j3 will not. Both lead to over 40% if you have 2 bars.

I think this is really good because of the much needed damage and it's basically a 50/50. They can avoid the whole setup entirely by holding forward after being hit by 111 arrow but that leaves them wide open to a full combo.

Scoot Magee

I'm trying to find a way to make crossups ambiguous mid screen but with no luck so far.

111 arrow into any jump in will not cross up if they're holding back. 11 arrow into any jump in will cross up if they hold back. It's to easy to tell the difference so it will only work as a gimmick.

I think the best bet mid screen is to 111 arrow into b23 or mb slide because the slide will put them in the corner.

ando1184

Noob
I'm trying to find a way to make crossups ambiguous mid screen but with no luck so far.

I think the best bet mid screen is to 111 arrow into b23 or mb slide because the slide will put them in the corner.
At least against big characters you should be able to get a b2, MB up haven blast combo with this

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015

111 arrow into any jump in will not cross up if they're holding back. 11 arrow into any jump in will cross up if they hold back. It's to easy to tell the difference so it will only work as a gimmick.

Whiff the J2 after the J3 in the bnb and then nj, it becomes ambiguous :O

ando1184

Noob
Whiff the J2 after the J3 in the bnb and then nj, it becomes ambiguous :O
That's what I've been doing, but they can tech roll and wakeup to negate this as well :( so watch out for that. I've been LM by GL more times than I wanted due to this but it's still a viable strategy imo.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
That's what I've been doing, but they can tech roll and wakeup to negate this as well :( so watch out for that. I've been LM by GL more times than I wanted due to this but it's still a viable strategy imo.
They can. It's more of a "oh I fucked up and I couldn't land the J2" alternative.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I was thinking we should focus on match ups more than anything.

I've been wanting to kollaborate with people but the times I've tried (not just with Arrow but with other characters as well) people weren't motivated enough.
If I start posting tech and people are just like whatever and move on, then I'll be upset. But if at least a few of us kan work together and explore this character through all his match ups then maybe it'll be worthwhile.

Basically it gets time konsuming and stressful to test everything and I want to share that burden with others if I'm to go back to labbing it up. So what do you guys say? Kan we get a group to pledge to work together and save this city?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
I was thinking we should focus on match ups more than anything.

I've been wanting to kollaborate with people but the times I've tried (not just with Arrow but with other characters as well) people weren't motivated enough.
If I start posting tech and people are just like whatever and move on, then I'll be upset. But if at least a few of us kan work together and explore this character through all his match ups then maybe it'll be worthwhile.

Basically it gets time konsuming and stressful to test everything and I want to share that burden with others if I'm to go back to labbing it up. So what do you guys say? Kan we get a group to pledge to work together and save this city?
Dude, I've been asking people like hella and I've been getting ignored e______e that's why I end up posting stuff by myself, but I don't have enough time to go through every character e_e

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Dude, I've been asking people like hella and I've been getting ignored e______e that's why I end up posting stuff by myself, but I don't have enough time to go through every character e_e
Yeah. I thought of you as one of the main people. I mean you even took the time to make the guide and everything...

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Ok I'm drunk on vacation lol. Are you talking about dropping the j2 after a b3 j3 and then dropping the jump 2 juggle?
Yeah. They fall and they don't have enough time to D2. Maybe wake up anti air (or mb b3 if they guess correctly) works though.

Scoot Magee

A video example of what you can do in the corner with electric arrows. D1 electric arrow is a great follow up to f2d13 electric arrow. There's so much shit you can actually do here.

Scoot Magee

Just to note the j3 is not a cross up and the j1 is which makes it a 50 50. Both can lead to over 40%

Scoot Magee

I also just want to add that the j3 and j1 50/50 also works after f2d13 any aarow on block. Just note that you don't have the same advantage so it's not really safe from aa's if they react to it.

Edit

I would like to note that this seems to be character specific. I'm trying it on Mmh right now and the j1 whiffs while the j3 always crosses up.

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

Wait but you can't get antiaired :/ I don't think we're talking about the same thing.
It's usually certain wake up attacks like night wings that get me. I guess it's really character dependent but I did get blown up for using that a few times.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So stinger. I looked into its frame data and the MB version doesn't say how + on block it is. From my findings its like +11 after stagger. Any thoughts?