What's new

Normals/Strings That Opponent Cannot D1 or Backdash

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I know there's a "Gap Sizes" thread, but this thread will tell you what the opponent can't poke out of and what will catch backdashes.

It's implied that each of the following normals/strings are canceled into trait then followed up with 3 at the soonest available frame

The only true block string is 11~trait, 3 so anytime you do that, you're good

The following cannot be d1 poked with a 6 frame d1 (used Black Adam for labbing) or a 6 frame reversal (Flash's Fists of Fury)
B1
B2
F2
b23
f23

If the opponent is backdashing any of these (except b23 that'll catch them anyways), you can trait delayed 2 to catch them backdashing but it's a mind game at that point because if they read it they can d1 or just low profile it

The following cannot be backdashed as the traited 3 will catch them, but may still be d1 poked out of
D1
D2
B23

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
I know there's a "Gap Sizes" thread, but this thread will tell you what the opponent can't poke out of and what will catch backdashes.

It's implied that each of the following normals/strings are canceled into trait then followed up with 3 at the soonest available frame

The only true block string is 11~trait, 3 so anytime you do that, you're good

The following cannot be d1 poked with a 6 frame d1 (used Black Adam for labbing) or a 6 frame reversal (Flash's Fists of Fury)
B1
B2
F2
b23
f23

If the opponent is backdashing any of these (except b23 that'll catch them anyways), you can trait delayed 2 to catch them backdashing but it's a mind game at that point because if they read it they can d1 or just low profile it

The following cannot be backdashed as the traited 3 will catch them, but may still be d1 poked out of
D1
D2
B23

Not to pry, but there seems to be a contradiction in your post.

You listed b2,3 as something that cannot be poked out of but back dashed.

You later listed b2,3 as something that cannot be backdash.

Which one is it

:confused:

Edit:

Nvm I forgot your addendum