What's new

General/Other - Alien Normalizing Alien(My Suggestions)

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
I've also noticed some funky stuff in the corner with 33 after b11u4. Sometimes both hits are clearly intersecting with the opponent but they both whiff. I agree with reducing damage on acid. It's just too much. If you manage to stack it, forget about it. It's insane how much damage you can get out of acidic without really even having to work for it. I was slightly peaved that you cant link specials to u3 in acidic at first but since it poisons I guess it makes sense, and you can still do the same with d4 so whatever.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
make a non launching overhead special unsafe? then you better make Takeda's and Reptiles overhead meterless non-launching special unsafe too....

or how bout lets not do any of that?
Oh then let's remove the gap on kotals low sword and make it safe. You know. Since it's not a launcher

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The rekkas aren't broken. They're just boring. But people could easily say the same thing about any character's means of winning.

The stacking acid is the only thing that's really absurd.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
other than rekkas, i think alien is fine, and we should chill on him till every variation gets fully discovered

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I agree with the acidic changes, the way it stacks now is retarded and I don't care what anyone has to say about it. It being -8 is even more insulting. Either it doesn't restand or it's more minus imo.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Do you think what i showed in that gif was fair? You have to guess between OH and A Low thats stacks crazy amounts. It all connects. Im not saying reduce the stacking 50% im just saying tone it down a WEE bit man.This is my character as well i don't want to kill him. Just because other characters have MORE DIRT doesn't mean anything. Other characters don't have close to Aliens range and I think you guys are completely disregarding that. YES his normals are slow and yadda yadda but guess what, if you jump he can anti air you THREE DIFFERENT WAYS. He gets 37% MIDSCREEN 1 Bar WITHOUT using acid blood restand or exo sting. Don't tell me anything about he doesn't get damage without it lol
I dont know how long you play NRS games man but I guess not that long cuz if it was long you would already know that NRS sucks at balancing. They either kill or make op characters . Thats why as alien main its not in your best interest to point their attention at alien cuz trust me if they nerf him he will be low tier ;)

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I dont know how long you play NRS games man but I guess not that long cuz if it was long you would already know that NRS sucks at balancing. They either kill or make op characters . Thats why as alien main its not in your best interest to point their attention at alien cuz trust me if they nerf him he will be low tier ;)
LOL haha i have been playing them since MK9. I only got serious when injustice came out andddd yeah the balancing was underwhelming to say the least. I dont think he can be low tier unless they completely KILL everything about him. The stuff i suggested would not kill him in the slightest but at least make him more balanced.

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
Do you think what i showed in that gif was fair? You have to guess between OH and A Low thats stacks crazy amounts. It all connects. Im not saying reduce the stacking 50% im just saying tone it down a WEE bit man.This is my character as well i don't want to kill him. Just because other characters have MORE DIRT doesn't mean anything. Other characters don't have close to Aliens range and I think you guys are completely disregarding that. YES his normals are slow and yadda yadda but guess what, if you jump he can anti air you THREE DIFFERENT WAYS. He gets 37% MIDSCREEN 1 Bar WITHOUT using acid blood restand or exo sting. Don't tell me anything about he doesn't get damage without it lol
honestly it's really not that bad. In that gif they did a 50/50 into acid blood twice in a row. If any other character caught you in the corner twice with a 50/50 they would be doing a lot more damage than that.

I do think acid blood needs to be touched. Maybe just less total stacks or reduced the dot slightly. What would be best maybe is to have it not be able to be so plus on hit so that after the restand the enemy has more options to escape.

omooba

fear the moobs
He does have a restand, ex Krawl restands

one thing that you forget is that he doesn't have tho is a good advancing mid outside of Rekka and that is 15f
i tweaked you're right about restand.
and f1 is a pretty good mid just wish it didn't get low profiled

x TeeJay o

honestly it's really not that bad. In that gif they did a 50/50 into acid blood twice in a row. If any other character caught you in the corner twice with a 50/50 they would be doing a lot more damage than that.

I do think acid blood needs to be touched. Maybe just less total stacks or reduced the dot slightly. What would be best maybe is to have it not be able to be so plus on hit so that after the restand the enemy has more options to escape.
Ummmm that's pretty crazy since that was meterless and i didnt even do any blockstrings into acid blood right after the 50/50 to make the dsmsge evn more dumb. What characters do that much with a 2 hit combo off 50/50's?

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Meanwhile kenshi df1 is -10
They for some reason think that because kenshi "zones" he should be terrible up close. How erron got a plus armored launcher when gunslinger exists is a mystery to me.
i tweaked you're right about restand.
and f1 is a pretty good mid just wish it didn't get low profiled
alot of mids get low profiled :(

Nothing in the game will make you saltier than conjurer. Finally get an egg set-up in the corner - they jump forward... and its whiffed. Absolutely infuriating, its not like an ice ball or bomb or ermacs soul ball; you can't just throw an egg out. It requires alot of patience and understanding of every characters wake-up options and timings. Its such an awesome variation and a universal nerf would devastate it.

I'd love to have a string in conjurer that is safe so i didnt have tail at the end of everything. I can drone drop, but its a gimmick.

John the Savage

Ummmm that's pretty crazy since that was meterless and i didnt even do any blockstrings into acid blood right after the 50/50 to make the dsmsge evn more dumb. What characters do that much with a 2 hit combo off 50/50's?
Doesn't matter how many hits it is. The point is if you guess wrong twice against any character in the game while in the corner you will take as much damage if not more.

Like i said I do think it should be less plus on hit so they have better options of escaping but its really not that bad considering F4 is -17 on block(not that that really matter if canceled into acid blood). b3 has a 17 frame start up and f4 has a 18 frame start up so if you are connecting the acid blood off of either of those moves you are not plus enough to garnered jail into another 50/50.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9158

I thought the same thing until i fought high level Alien tarkatans. Its not a knee jerk reaction anybody can see that it's pretty ridiculous. How is a safe 9 frame mid advancing special from midscreen a knee jerk reaction? Is it because you can armor with option select? Have u even played against someone b3 into rekka,f134 into rekka,f4 into rekka SAFE jailing ALL game while building 60% of meter at no risk of expense? It's pretty unfair man... You can't do anything if u don't have meter and even if you do there is a chance you mess up the armor OS and get hit by the grab ender for 37%. You can be JAILED from MIDSCREEN and pushed to the corner and pretty much kept there lol. I don't see how this is okay
Sounds like you just need to ... git gud...

John the Savage

All in all I say make it punishable on block but kind of a strict punish so you have to react to it instantly and make it less plus in hit so they have more ways out and you don't get to jail into more pressure

x TeeJay o

All in all I say make it punishable on block but kind of a strict punish so you have to react to it instantly and make it less plus in hit so they have more ways out and you don't get to jail into more pressure
For acid blood? Yeah i guess so i would be fine with that

x TeeJay o

other than rekkas, i think alien is fine, and we should chill on him till every variation gets fully discovered
By chill u mean wait until the next few tournaments have nothing but acidic and tarkatan top 8's? I remember hearing something similar to this back when Tanya first came out. "Let her rock, she's still new. Learn the matchup scrubs" lol i cannot .... But thank u man i appreciate your opinion on the matter!

x TeeJay o

They for some reason think that because kenshi "zones" he should be terrible up close. How erron got a plus armored launcher when gunslinger exists is a mystery to me.

alot of mids get low profiled :(

Nothing in the game will make you saltier than conjurer. Finally get an egg set-up in the corner - they jump forward... and its whiffed. Absolutely infuriating, its not like an ice ball or bomb or ermacs soul ball; you can't just throw an egg out. It requires alot of patience and understanding of every characters wake-up options and timings. Its such an awesome variation and a universal nerf would devastate it.

I'd love to have a string in conjurer that is safe so i didnt have tail at the end of everything. I can drone drop, but its a gimmick.
I think Konjurer is fine

omooba

fear the moobs
what's his most damaging combo of 50/50 into ex tail flip without spending another bar
if it's not more than 40% after adding up the dmg you would eat after sitting in the acid, then it's fine

x TeeJay o

what's his most damaging combo of 50/50 into ex tail flip without spending another bar
if it's not more than 40% after adding up the dmg you would eat after sitting in the acid, then it's fine
bruh it's way above 40