What's new

General/Other - Alien Normalizing Alien(My Suggestions)

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
They for some reason think that because kenshi "zones" he should be terrible up close. How erron got a plus armored launcher when gunslinger exists is a mystery to me.

alot of mids get low profiled :(

Nothing in the game will make you saltier than conjurer. Finally get an egg set-up in the corner - they jump forward... and its whiffed. Absolutely infuriating, its not like an ice ball or bomb or ermacs soul ball; you can't just throw an egg out. It requires alot of patience and understanding of every characters wake-up options and timings. Its such an awesome variation and a universal nerf would devastate it.

I'd love to have a string in conjurer that is safe so i didnt have tail at the end of everything. I can drone drop, but its a gimmick.
Im gonna stop you there and say he has a plus launcher, its not armored.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
By chill u mean wait until the next few tournaments have nothing but acidic and tarkatan top 8's? I remember hearing something similar to this back when Tanya first came out. "Let her rock, she's still new. Learn the matchup scrubs" lol i cannot .... But thank u man i appreciate your opinion on the matter!
i wasn't showing hatred towards anyone on here, you misunderstood me, and i have no clue what warneted your anger, not saying you are out of line, just stating to my post its unwarented. maybe i can elaberate how i came to make my post, in hopes that you may understand where i am coming from.

most games like capcom and others alike, wait 6 months to even make a small adjustment to a new character just released, for many reason.

issues that may seem like issues now, may be found to be easily overcome by normals pokes and some specials when people become more familiar with the characters matchups, down the road. allthough we may not know how to counter some of the 4 dlc's moves now. we may understand better down the road and realize they need no adjusting. or may in fact understand how they need adjustment better when we understand them better as a whole character.

i think none of the characters need adjusting yet.

especially acidic, since its my baby and i hold interest in it, it can be wise info, and also biased. but i feel that alien doesn't get great meterless damage and is overly dependant on meter. but to compensate for this, and make him/her a top character, the Acid DOT's add that extra damage, with Acid blood which does 18% on its own has its own downfalls/ conditions: you must keep them in puddle and it has a huge gap after some strings because of the startup nature of it so it can be punished on a hard read.

and tarkatan which i admit don't use as much.. it does seem that it has some characteristics with its rekkas that should not be there.

don't know if reo can make the oh and low safe, if so that should go, but that entire move should not be safe nomatter if it was a mid high oh or low. due to the fact that it hold great guesswork on the opponents part.

but like i was saying even though i feel that should be toned down and everything else about the character is fine, because characters have high points that compensate for the low points or gaps in their game.
and we should let all them live for a while.

don't get me wrong, i get very frustrated with many of the DLC, i hate resets, cancel pressure and vortexs, but a small community of 300-400 people should not be dictating a change to a character so quickly before we truly know what that characters true flaws are.

i don't get on here that often but would enjoy anyones comments on
Alien, Tech for him, and even MU numbers to be PM'ed to me if you feel like it. i would enjoy that.

like i said, no hard feelings. all im saying is i don't feel Tarkatan deserves anything just yet. (even though i don't use that var, i prefer Acidic because i clutch towards Zoning when pressured. i am a big Space control Player, i rely on Counter pokes, footsie and keep away to keep me level minded while playing.

but thats me, i have a few friends that have been doing work with Konjurer. and yes you heard that right. they have some mad setups and some great damage combos into pod trap, that continue combo.. its kinda cool.

i think this character is profoundly slept on, and with that said, i also believe that noone has learned the matchup fully.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
i wasn't showing hatred towards anyone on here, you misunderstood me, and i have no clue what warneted your anger, not saying you are out of line, just stating to my post its unwarented. maybe i can elaberate how i came to make my post, in hopes that you may understand where i am coming from.

most games like capcom and others alike, wait 6 months to even make a small adjustment to a new character just released, for many reason.

issues that may seem like issues now, may be found to be easily overcome by normals pokes and some specials when people become more familiar with the characters matchups, down the road. allthough we may not know how to counter some of the 4 dlc's moves now. we may understand better down the road and realize they need no adjusting. or may in fact understand how they need adjustment better when we understand them better as a whole character.

i think none of the characters need adjusting yet.

especially acidic, since its my baby and i hold interest in it, it can be wise info, and also biased. but i feel that alien doesn't get great meterless damage and is overly dependant on meter. but to compensate for this, and make him/her a top character, the Acid DOT's add that extra damage, with Acid blood which does 18% on its own has its own downfalls/ conditions: you must keep them in puddle and it has a huge gap after some strings because of the startup nature of it so it can be punished on a hard read.

and tarkatan which i admit don't use as much.. it does seem that it has some characteristics with its rekkas that should not be there.

don't know if reo can make the oh and low safe, if so that should go, but that entire move should not be safe nomatter if it was a mid high oh or low. due to the fact that it hold great guesswork on the opponents part.

but like i was saying even though i feel that should be toned down and everything else about the character is fine, because characters have high points that compensate for the low points or gaps in their game.
and we should let all them live for a while.

don't get me wrong, i get very frustrated with many of the DLC, i hate resets, cancel pressure and vortexs, but a small community of 300-400 people should not be dictating a change to a character so quickly before we truly know what that characters true flaws are.

i don't get on here that often but would enjoy anyones comments on
Alien, Tech for him, and even MU numbers to be PM'ed to me if you feel like it. i would enjoy that.

like i said, no hard feelings. all im saying is i don't feel Tarkatan deserves anything just yet. (even though i don't use that var, i prefer Acidic because i clutch towards Zoning when pressured. i am a big Space control Player, i rely on Counter pokes, footsie and keep away to keep me level minded while playing.

but thats me, i have a few friends that have been doing work with Konjurer. and yes you heard that right. they have some mad setups and some great damage combos into pod trap, that continue combo.. its kinda cool.

i think this character is profoundly slept on, and with that said, i also believe that noone has learned the matchup fully.
I don't have any anger towards u im just stating that it doesn't take that long for some characters to be declared pretty unfair. IMO you don't need 6 months to declare if a character needs tuning or not. These guys play these games constantly for HOURS on end, go through every nook and cranny, divulge in constant training and counter training methods and you mean to tell me that we need more time to figure out how to counter a character with half screen normals into full combos, a character with 100% one touch combos, and a character with stacking damage up to 50% with one touch?Capcom and NRS are 2 very different companies and while i don't like a ton of patches, NRS seems to be very underwhelming when it comes to balance. I can't speak for capcom but i can say I dont ever remember them having 1 character dominate the rest of the cast like certain ones have in NRS games. There very well may be a counter to these characters, Alien specifically. There is one at the moment, you can zone him out. The problem rises when you are FORCED to pick a character just to deal with this one in particular. These pro players spend money to go compete and travel and they expect to have a somewhat fair chance at winning i assume. You could argue that if they want to win then they should just counter pick. But is that what you really wanna see att a tournament? We have seen this before in Tanya and i don't know about you but most of the community hated it. Honestly i don't think the changes in the OP even did hella damage to the character. These aren't even nerfs imo it's just simply adjusting a few tools. Maybe u could call the acidic stack damage a nerf but to be fair i don't think they meant for it to be that way. In contrast, i do believe that keeping acid blood -8 would also be fine.

EDIT: Acidic Alein gets 30% meterless midscreen, 34 optimized. Corner he gets 38% meterless. I don't know why you said he doesn't.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

I don't have any anger towards u im just stating that it doesn't take that long for some characters to be declared pretty unfair. IMO you don't need 6 months to declare if a character needs tuning or not. These guys play these games constantly for HOURS on end, go through every nook and cranny, divulge in constant training and counter training methods and you mean to tell me that we need more time to figure out how to counter a character with half screen normals into full combos, a character with 100% one touch combos, and a character with stacking damage up to 50% with one touch?Capcom and NRS are 2 very different companies and while i don't like a ton of patches, NRS seems to be very underwhelming when it comes to balance. I can't speak for capcom but i can say I dont ever remember them having 1 character dominate the rest of the cast like certain ones have in NRS games. There very well may be a counter to these characters, Alien specifically. There is one at the moment, you can zone him out. The problem rises when you are FORCED to pick a character just to deal with this one in particular. These pro players spend money to go compete and travel and they expect to have a somewhat fair chance at winning i assume. You could argue that if they want to win then they should just counter pick. But is that what you really wanna see att a tournament? We have seen this before in Tanya and i don't know about you but most of the community hated it. Honestly i don't think the changes in the OP even did hella damage to the character. These aren't even nerfs imo it's just simply adjusting a few tools. Maybe u could call the acidic stack damage a nerf but to be fair i don't think they meant for it to be that way. In contrast, i do believe that keeping acid blood -8 would also be fine.

EDIT: Acidic Alein gets 30% meterless midscreen, 34 optimized. Corner he gets 38% meterless. I don't know why you said he doesn't.
i think they need longer, they have proven before that even though they played a character for longer than 8 months, they still didn't play the character right. remember saltfaces post about mileena. even admits that thought he knew the character in and out, and realized, he was wrong. and that took time.

i believe the same goes for the DLC's.

just like many are claiming Bo rai cho is bottom tier, i think he is slept on. and only time can tell.

and what variation does Alien get 34% meterless? and how is it done. i havent seen this, and was basically under the impression the damage scaling stopped that without EX crawl and or EX BF4.

and from what i seen he gets more damage with F134 than any string, but i may be wrong.

x TeeJay o

i think they need longer, they have proven before that even though they played a character for longer than 8 months, they still didn't play the character right. remember saltfaces post about mileena. even admits that thought he knew the character in and out, and realized, he was wrong. and that took time.

i believe the same goes for the DLC's.

just like many are claiming Bo rai cho is bottom tier, i think he is slept on. and only time can tell.

and what variation does Alien get 34% meterless? and how is it done. i havent seen this, and was basically under the impression the damage scaling stopped that without EX crawl and or EX BF4.

and from what i seen he gets more damage with F134 than any string, but i may be wrong.
On behalf of salt face, mileena was DEFINTELY bottom on April 14th 2015. I know this because i started out with mileena and kitana as my mains. Both communities had rights to cry about how thier character was in a game full of nothing but advancing mids, vortex, and 50/50. Mileena has gotten HUGE help since he started playing her and lots of top tier characters got nerfed. So that argument is kind of flawed. However i dont know why people are saying BO is bottom he's a very solid character and to br fair u cant comoare him or anyone else in the game to Alien. His tools dont hold a candle to Aliens

MadeOfMetal

On behalf of salt face, mileena was DEFINTELY bottom on April 14th 2015. I know this because i started out with mileena and kitana as my mains. Both communities had rights to cry about how thier character was in a game full of nothing but advancing mids, vortex, and 50/50. Mileena has gotten HUGE help since he started playing her and lots of top tier characters got nerfed. So that argument is kind of flawed. However i dont know why people are saying BO is bottom he's a very solid character and to br fair u cant comoare him or anyone else in the game to Alien. His tools dont hold a candle to Aliens
im actually considering changing to
only thing i can say i have a problem with him is zoning.

as for mileena, i was a mileena main day 1.

and honestly she was no lower than mid tier.

others claimed she was bottom. thats not true. yes she has shitty pokes, and air sais where a bit slow.

but come on..

people seriously downplayed her.

she was comparable to Cassie. her roll has never changed. and has always been able to go through many gaps in many strings. just like cassies flip kick launcher. obviously there was a few more moves that cassie could do this on.

but it could happen none the less, and could control the pace of the game, with fear of roll. step out of turn i will launch you type of thing. still had great normals, and great mixups. good range, back then.. its nice that she has good pokes now and better instant air sais. but all in all she has always been a threat when used correctly.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Ive checked out Bart. Hes pretty good. Really good mixups
and that restand... vortex into vortex... pretty beast.

if only he had a projectile. i then could without a doubt call him top 10.. but since i have the struggle of getting in to use my dirt. well kinda unsure where he lies, just know for a fact he in nowhere near
Bottom as of now.

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
So they just hit alien hard. Acid blood is now +1, acid damage cant finish a round.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

x TeeJay o

So they just hit alien hard. Acid blood is now +1, acid damage cant finish a round.

yeah i got a thread posted with all the changes. It's a very good thing i didn't make my acidic guide i was waiting for something like this to go down first. I didn't want them to change anything on hit related thats unfortunate but he is still good and thats all that matters to me tbh. If anything im gonna start using Tark and Acidic WAY more now that they aren't so mindless

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
I didn't see it until after this. I may have an idea, I will be able to test it soon.