What's new

Noob's armor breaker change can possibly revive Dark Sabbath

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
This won't really help, though, since the opponent can break away after you start your b1(2+4) ender. They get hit by the b1 but drop out before the 2+4 can connect. Thus, if they know the matchup, there is never an opportunity to break their armor with b2.

This won't really help, though, since the opponent can break away after you start your b1(2+4) ender. They get hit by the b1 but drop out before the 2+4 can connect. Thus, if they know the matchup, there is never an opportunity to break their armor with b2.
Ya this sucks, I figured this would be the case with any armor break that wasn't a special move.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
So this entire time people have been able to precision-time their breakaway for after an exact hit?

I thought people have always claimed breakaway timing was inconsistent, especially online (which is all mk11 is these days)

I change my mind a little. His armor breaker ain't too bad.

1,1,3,Teleslam midscreen -

Since the opponent is fearful of the armor break and waiting to see what you'll do, what you can do is dash forward F3 which pops up.

Now they have to be fearful of the armor break AGAIN, at which point you can cash out with a D2.

So 1,1,3,Teleslam - dash forward F3, dash forward D2
That's 339 damage made possible due to the fear of the armor break. I'd almost call it guaranteed.

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
I change my mind a little. His armor breaker ain't too bad.

1,1,3,Teleslam midscreen -

Since the opponent is fearful of the armor break and waiting to see what you'll do, what you can do is dash forward F3 which pops up.

Now they have to be fearful of the armor break AGAIN, at which point you can cash out with a D2.

So 1,1,3,Teleslam - dash forward F3, dash forward D2
That's 339 damage made possible due to the fear of the armor break. I'd almost call it guaranteed.
It's still stupid.

If they break away immidiately you can get yourself punished for trying to do a combo that you're supposed to be able to to 100% of the time. Nobody playing noob saibot in their right mind would b2 straight off the bat after telly mb.

IMO the armor breaking system was like sprinkling shit over already smelly pile of shit... I mean the idea is right - but the way they did it sucks dick.