What's new

Noob's armor breaker change can possibly revive Dark Sabbath

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Rolling my eyes thinking watching Sub Zero get another bull shit easy 325 damage KB, and wondering how the new moves will work for Noob.

But if Noob gets some sort of armor breaker that KB's, it would be ideal for Dark Sabbath. That means the second you tag someone you can potentially auto 325 KB the opponent. If they somehow rework B3 KB then Sabbath instantly moves up in the tier list as a comeback KB/reliant whiff punisher.

Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Zer0_h0ur

Hearing the armor breaker's can be Variation Specific. Fingers crossed they don't screw this up for Noob.

Zviko

Noob
Damn B3KB actually sounds good to be the armor breaker move. It combos from everything he has as well right?

Zer0_h0ur

Damn B3KB actually sounds good to be the armor breaker move. It combos from everything he has as well right?
I mean it would work for sure, but we'd be getting the shaft when chars like Sub Zero gets a NEW KB from armor break and we'd simply be utilizing one we've always had but has been worthless since launch.

Zviko

Noob
I mean it would work for sure, but we'd be getting the shaft when chars like Sub Zero gets a NEW KB from armor break and we'd simply be utilizing one we've always had but has been worthless since launch.
Honestly, Sub Zero one is trash too so I don't know why you keep pointing it out.

Zviko

Noob
FB has armor, if you read the FB coming, you can break the armor while getting a KB.
But if you read the FB coming you just block it and full combo punish which does more damage. It could also be hard to time with a slow move like that. Also these armor breakers don't have armor or invincibility and many Fatal Blows are faster than Sub Zero's F4.

Slymind

Noob
But if you read the FB coming you just block it and full combo punish which does more damage. It could also be hard to time with a slow move like that. Also these armor breakers don't have armor or invincibility and many Fatal Blows are faster than Sub Zero's F4.
On a oki situation or in plus frames, the way i see it, it will be a threat if your opponent is thinking about using FB to bypass your turn with armor, and it's a plus move so you get a turn on block anyway.

Anyway, i don't think anyone will be convinced of anything here so, might as well wait and see.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
For it to help Dark Sabbath, it needs to be useable after b1 or at least amp TP. So after you launch with amp TP and go for the b1 follow-up, the opponent can't just break and full-kombo punish you.

Zviko

Noob
The only thing he has off B3 that's safe enough to cancel into is in Seeing Double when you have the Slide. B3 1+2 is certain death on block.
But it doesn't matter what B3 1+2 is on block in this case. You'd use it after a launcher instead of your normal combo to read a breakaway. And if they do it you'd get a very damaging KB which is impossible to get otherwise.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
The only thing he has off B3 that's safe enough to cancel into is in Seeing Double when you have the Slide. B3 1+2 is certain death on block.

My money is on Sickle Snag.
yeah, but wouldn’t the point be that they’re already launched? So it doesn’t matter what b31+2 is on block.

Like, you’d 113xxdu amp, b31+2 kb or whatever since they’re already juggled and trying to breakaway.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
But it doesn't matter what B3 1+2 is on block in this case. You'd use it after a launcher instead of your normal combo to read a breakaway. And if they do it you'd get a very damaging KB which is impossible to get otherwise.
yeah, but wouldn’t the point be that they’re already launched? So it doesn’t matter what b31+2 is on block.

Like, you’d 113xxdu amp, b31+2 kb or whatever since they’re already juggled and trying to breakaway.
Y'all are right. I just wasn't thinking in terms of adding it to a juggle instead of, say, reading a Fatal Blow and trying to use it to break the armor on the ground. If the change is that you can get that KB without having to catch them blocking high, that would be HUGE.