What's new

Noob's 3rd variation

Sanjo

Noob
A 3rd variation is coming. If we suppose that NRS will use some of the remaining specials to build it, what combos would make sense and what would you like to see?

I have a feeling it's gonna be Sickle Snag, Shadow Strike, and Air Shadow Dive. I hope they don't use Sickle Toss cause that moves is almost useless.

But If they use the other moves than his combos would be decent, maybe not as good as Dark Sabbath but better than Seeing Double. He does lose full screen presence cause he doesn't have a projectile, but he does get a safe low that he can use after every string. He gets to jump a lot and use his Shadow Dive, which will catch some people off guard.

Honestly, I wouldn't use it, I'd stick to SD and DS. This new variation just seems to be a mix of both. It has combos like DS, but they aren't as good, and it has pressure like SD, but not as good.

My dream Noob variation would be Shadow Portals, Shadow Slide, and Shadow Dive/Spirit Ball.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I have a feeling it's gonna be Sickle Snag, Shadow Strike, and Air Shadow Dive. I hope they don't use Sickle Toss cause that moves is almost useless.

But If they use the other moves than his combos would be decent, maybe not as good as Dark Sabbath but better than Seeing Double. He does lose full screen presence cause he doesn't have a projectile, but he does get a safe low that he can use after every string. He gets to jump a lot and use his Shadow Dive, which will catch some people off guard.

Honestly, I wouldn't use it, I'd stick to SD and DS. This new variation just seems to be a mix of both. It has combos like DS, but they aren't as good, and it has pressure like SD, but not as good.

My dream Noob variation would be Shadow Portals, Shadow Slide, and Shadow Dive/Spirit Ball.
I wouldn't count out Sickle Toss bc those useless moves seem to be backburner moves they just wait to buff to make the potential variation more viable, just like Shadow slide was worthless prior to the last patch.

Little speed and more combo potential and having an overhead ender with pop-up ability is another Noob game changer.
Air Shadow Dive/kick thingie is pretty useless too it's slower and more reactable and more punishable than KL's dive kick. If they made it anywhere near as stupid as KL's kick is at countering everything forward moving in the neutral, then we have another great variation on our hands lol.

Zer0_h0ur

With the buff to shadow slide, sickle snag looks unnecessary imo.

Without slide, you essentially go back to a more linear noob that's difficult to open people up, and people using breakaway as soon as you finally open them up to avoid the big damage.

I really wish I had spent some time using any tournament variation. I assumed custom variations would be able to compete competitively in some way. Now that i've been using shadow portals, sickle snag, and air dive kick (amazing utility move imo) everything seems meh. I absolutely love the Ironic Shinnok cheerleader's style, just not the tourney versions.

Zer0_h0ur

I really wish I had spent some time using any tournament variation. I assumed custom variations would be able to compete competitively in some way. Now that i've been using shadow portals, sickle snag, and air dive kick (amazing utility move imo) everything seems meh. I absolutely love the Ironic Shinnok cheerleader's style, just not the tourney versions.
Got some video of you using air dive kick in matches?
I made a custom build with air teleport, air dive kick, and air sickle port. Haven't messed with it much yet.
Seems in a game that rewards broken jump ins, noob has a lot of jumpy moves lol.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Got some video of you using air dive kick in matches?
I made a custom build with air teleport, air dive kick, and air sickle port. Haven't messed with it much yet.
Seems in a game that rewards broken jump ins, noob has a lot of jumpy moves lol.
The return of air footsies !

I don't just yet but that will change. I do know that it makes a nifty combo after a forward jump 3. It also is so lovely when you know your opponent has a full screen fatal blow they're dying to use on you.

Ketchup and mustard agreed with you. So far only snag and toss confirmed. I don't see how it's better than SD without buffs to toss
It needs to be faster and the AMP version needs to pull the opponent to Noob so he can actually get something off of it other than a teleport.

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
For those of you wondering they literally just added a 3rd variation and didnt tweak any moves or address any known issues. Sickle toss grants you nothing. Close distance sickle toss is really medium distance. Shadow Tackle is still awful. Krushing Blows still the same as well.

For those of you wondering they literally just added a 3rd variation and didnt tweak any moves or address any known issues. Sickle toss grants you nothing. Close distance sickle toss is really medium distance. Shadow Tackle is still awful. Krushing Blows still the same as well.
Guess we'll stick with SD and DS. Sickle toss blows and Jump Dive kick is mad punishable :(

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
3rd var is all about whiff punishing with f2. He has 30% dmg combos off f2 with sickle snag, which is really good. In the corner he hits like a truck with two bars as usual.

Sickle toss is garbage. It does not trade with other projectiles and dissapears on hit, like tackle.

Bottom line i dont know whats the deal with this variation and why should i pick it when i can just use SD or DS.

Last edited:

Rasssta48

" I would test your skill"
Bottom line i dont know whats the deal with this variation and why should i pick it when i can just use SD or DS.
Yep, i only see it being better against Jade and thats it. At least it will not be so boring)))

I feel like the lack of a reliable zoning tool kills this variation.

Sickle Toss is hot garbage and easy to block, so it doesn't really help with Noob's overhead problem.

This variation is pretty much off-brand Dark Sabbath. There's not much point in using it when Dark Sabbath and Seeing Double both offer decent combos and zoning.

I feel like the lack of a reliable zoning tool kills this variation.

Sickle Toss is hot garbage and easy to block, so it doesn't really help with Noob's overhead problem.

This variation is pretty much off-brand Dark Sabbath. There's not much point in using it when Dark Sabbath and Seeing Double both offer decent combos and zoning.
Dunno, but I always felt this variation is a poor man's Seeing Double. Though I would use this variation to practice F2 whiff punishing and staggering, which I'm missing to do on the other variations.

Dunno, but I always felt this variation is a poor man's Seeing Double. Though I would use this variation to practice F2 whiff punishing and staggering, which I'm missing to do on the other variations.
The only reason I call it a knockoff Dark Sabbath is because it has the high combo damage of DS without the zoning of either it or SD.

I haven't found any use for Sickle Toss tbh, but Shadow Dive is a pretty good air-to-air. Not much use for it outside of that though since the startup is pretty slow.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
If Noob's divekick worked like Sub-zero's in Injustice 2, I think V3 would have some real potential. I hope that comes in a future patch.

Rasssta48

" I would test your skill"
Dive kick is fine enough already, the real problem as i see is 35 frame startap Sickle Toss - its too damn slow, you cant really zone or control space with it, you can only check opponents after knockdown from full screen but that is pointless beсause you сant somehow use it in your favor after.