What's new

Noob Sailboat needs help

llabslb

R1D1_998
Alright I think it's clear at this point that our boi Nob Saibot isn't very good, it would be a very serious overstatement to even call him viable.

Character has no 50/50s, below average zoning and below average space control. Practically nothing. He doesn't even have any BF1 set ups for the seeing ass variation. NRS please help this joke of a character!

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Alright I think it's clear at this point that our boi Nob Saibot isn't very good, it would be a very serious overstatement to even call him viable.

Character has no 50/50s, below average zoning and below average space control. Practically nothing. He doesn't even have any BF1 set ups for the seeing ass variation. NRS please help this joke of a character!
He does need help but no 50/50s or other bork shit. His frame data is what needs work and it will get some love soon, don't worry. He's viable because of how he can fullscreen whiffpunish with big boy damage but he's by far not a great character right now.

llabslb

R1D1_998
He does need help but no 50/50s or other bork shit. His frame data is what needs work and it will get some love soon, don't worry. He's viable because of how he can fullscreen whiffpunish with big boy damage but he's by far not a great character right now.
Thank you. Right now I feel like he's seriously over played, although he has a decent (ass) base move set. NRS have gone too far with making his overall move set feel underwhelming. Unfortunately the noob player in most cases has to be twice as good as the opponent.

Reason being I mention 50/50s is to give him a real means of opening someone up rather than resorting to his current gimmicky playstyle and imo buffing his current mids to the point where you're able to reliably open people up will be overkill. Mix is better.

llabslb

R1D1_998
This ain’t mkx . Characters don’t need 50/50’s there are a few characters with insanely strong 50/50’s but those characters need to be nerfed. We don’t need Sonya Saibot
So Nerf 99% of the casts mediocre offence and leave saibot as is? That would be a massive inconvenience buster.

gam224

The world's least hype player
So Nerf 99% of the casts mediocre offence and leave saibot as is? That would be a massive inconvenience buster.
Thank you. Right now I feel like he's seriously over played, although he has a decent (ass) base move set. NRS have gone too far with making his overall move set feel underwhelming. Unfortunately the noob player in most cases has to be twice as good as the opponent.

Reason being I mention 50/50s is to give him a real means of opening someone up rather than resorting to his current gimmicky playstyle and imo buffing his current mids to the point where you're able to reliably open people up will be overkill. Mix is better.
It’s not like every character in this game has a built in 50/50 or anything.... like a throw or something. Man if only there were some other way to open people up then trying to go for high low mix ups. I’d imagine such a mechanic would be massively rewarding and probably better than high low mix ups for a number of characters

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

No, mix is trash, trust me. Having excellent frame data, an impregnable wall of a neutral and a huge ass punish is all you need to hit top tier in a fighting game. Mix is literally trusting your luck and the opponent's incompetence, its implications - how unsafe your character will be as a tradeoff - is hardly worth it. But if you want to play a mix character, pick up Sub and run game on people online all day.

I mean I'm all salted peppered and even a pinch of oregano but even a seasoned warrior like myself gets dunked by mixups sometimes - that is until I find where that particular player neglected his homework about footsies and then he can't get in anymore.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
What the hell did I just read?
He is in a great spot actually, the only thing that might see changed for him is the requirements for some of his krushing blows but that’s for other characters as well.
Remember... this is a brand new game and he has to play it, don’t give him 50/50’s lol, that’s a lazy mindset that a character must have 50/50’s to be good... just look at Sonya and Sub-Zero... they are basically playing MKX and that is NOT ok

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
What the hell did I just read?
He is in a great spot actually, the only thing that might see changed for him is the requirements for some of his krushing blows but that’s for other characters as well.
Remember... this is a brand new game and he has to play it, don’t give him 50/50’s lol, that’s a lazy mindset that a character must have 50/50’s to be good... just look at Sonya and Sub-Zero... they are basically playing MKX and that is NOT ok
I mean there is the argument that all those characters whose kit is top right now need a nerf but you can't argue that Noob struggles in those matchups.
The man here's just expressing his worry about his favourite character and I've done the same for mine.

Yeah, no 50/50s. Fuck that.
And yeah I wish they got nerfed but we'll have to see what NRS thinks at the end of the day.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Yes we're straying from the actual main goal, which is to nerf those 50-50 spammers into the ground.

Ok let’s say that noob is average, what’s wrong with that?
What’s wrong with having a mid tier character?
He's not mid tier though is he ? nearly all his strings are unsafe including his go to string (b1 1+3) and his b3 one aswell. -17 on a string is ridiculous. And also his zoning is horrible for a character that was designed to have good zoning His clone goes away when it trades and his force balls are meh at best. some characters can bypass it like kabal for some reason where nomad dash also ignores It.

He's not mid tier though is he ? nearly all his strings are unsafe including his go to string (b1 1+3) and his b3 one aswell. -17 on a string is ridiculous. And also his zoning is horrible for a character that was designed to have good zoning His clone goes away when it trades and his force balls are meh at best. some characters can bypass it like kabal for some reason where nomad dash also ignores It.
I’m not going to argue his placement with you.
I asked because op wrote
like it’s a bad thing for a character to be average.

It’s not.