What's new

Noob Saibot vs Bi-Han

What should happen with Noob Saibot's name?

• Change it to Bi-Han

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • Keep it as Noob Saibot

Votes: 78 82.1%

• Total voters

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Ok... let's face it, Noob Saibot is a dumbass name.

The character was initially a joke character, but he has developed quite a lot and is now a more serious character.

So... my question to you is, has Noob outgrown his name? Should he be officially be known as Bi-Han in the game or should he keep his current name?

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
I feel it should stay. Characters can still call him Bi-Han, but getting rid of the name Noob Saibot wouldn’t do a whole lot other than please people with a specific preference.

I feel removing it is like removing Sub Zero and Scorpion’s alias and calling them Kuai Lang And Hanzo respectively. Additionally, it’s been iconic and memorable for the reason being that it’s both developers last names backwards, so changing it would kill the legacy of it.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I feel it's more that the name just hasn't aged well more than it's inherently a bad name. It fits the original 'mysterious' nature of the character well. It's just a shame that John Tobias ain't around no more and that 'Noob' alone has taken on a completely different meaning within the gaming community nowadays.

At the end of the day, he's still better known for being Noob Saibot than Bi-Han though, and they aren't gonna change that. There's a reason the writers/artists gave Scorpion a 'what-if' as his default costume despite canonically being Hanzo Hasashi in MKX.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I would like to change it but not because I think he's outgrown it or anything like that, I actually like what it sounds like and love the fact that it's a reference, but I would like NRS to use the variations to to bring back human Bi-Han, giving us a Noob Saibot variation, a human variation, and a mixed "Noob-Zero" variation. Which would also be a cool way to give Bi-Han his old self back without calling him Sub-Zero.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I know this is a bit strange, but in my mind this is like asking if we should change Ermac's name because he's no longer an error and he's "outgrown" it.

Plus, I enjoy retaining a reference to John Tobias in the game. :eek:
It’s not the same at all because his name isn’t Error Macro in the games.

Noob Saibot is Noob Saibot in the games, and honestly I do wish it was something a bit less goofy sounding.

It doesn’t even sound intimidating.

Icefyre

Shadows
It’s not the same at all because his name isn’t Error Macro in the games.

Noob Saibot is Noob Saibot in the games, and honestly I do wish it was something a bit less goofy sounding.

It doesn’t even sound intimidating.
It's the same in the sense that both names have meaning. Both have a legacy. Get rid of the names, and that part of their history just doesn't mean as much. It takes away from who the character is.

I never said Ermac was named ERror MACro in the games. The point is that the name in itself is a reference to how the character was born.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
It's the same in the sense that both names have meaning. Both have a legacy. Get rid of the names, and that part of their history just doesn't mean as much. It takes away from who the character is.

I never said Ermac was named ERror MACro in the games. The point is that the name in itself is a reference to how the character was born.
Yeah but Ermac doesn’t sound as stupid as “Noob Saibot”.

Shit I’d be fine with just Saibot.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I feel like it's a little too late to change his name now. Now if in the story he is somehow restored to his human form then I would see no problem with him being just Bi-Han since we obviously can't call him Sub-Zero any more, unless of course Liang sits one out but I seriously don't ever see that happening.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Is it just me or is everyone (including the OP) ignoring the fact that his name isn't Noob Saibot anymore?

It's just Noob now.

Has been this way in MK:A and MK9 both.

So the question isn't Bi-Han vs Noob Saibot, because Noob Saibot isn't on the table at all. It's Bi-Han vs Noob.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Is it just me or is everyone (including the OP) ignoring the fact that his name isn't Noob Saibot anymore?

It's just Noob now.

So the question isn't Bi-Han vs Noob Saibot, because Noob Saibot isn't on the table at all. It's Bi-Han vs Noob.
The character's full name is Noob Saibot. Ed Boon still calls him that, all the wikis call him that (and Bi-Han). Even his character forum here calls him that.

Sonya's name is actually Sonya Blade. Most people just use Sonya because it is easier - it's the same thing.

If we were to just call Noob Saibot just Bi-Han then we mine as well just call Reptile Sysoth since going by the nickname Reptile is kind of weird if you think about it too much.

I say just keep the classic names though, at least for the health bars and such. You can always just have them be referred to there actual names in-universe.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu

It's just Noob now.

Noob is the guy you control and Saibot is the shadow he sends out as attacks. His name is Noob Saibot, period. Doesn't the announcer specifically call him "Noob Saibot" in MK9 too? Despite how only 'Noob' is displayed.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I remember a few games they just referred to him as Noob and/or Noob-Saibot. Of course Deception "Noob-Smoke". I have no issues with Bi-Han but I like how once he died and became reborn as Noob-Saibot alias because let's face it, he's not the same as when he was Sub-Zero.