What's new

Noob Saibot (UMK3)

ded

Elder God
I've been playing alot with Juggernaut's hack in the last few months, and its great. Playing with Noob is really fun, he is fast, powerful, and most basic/advanced universal strats work different against him.

I was wondering why not make a guide for him and put him in the tier list? Imo he should be N9 after rSmoke ;]

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Players ask me about him at every single tournament. We might as well.

AC1984

Kaballin!
All I know is that you gotta work your ass off in order to kill this son of a bitch. what does it take, like 20 uppercuts to kill him? :-D

Yeah, Noob is fast as fuck! (his velocity allows some pretty cool setups) He has few infinites (universal corner c. lk/lp inf, relauncher, midscreen inf by ChaosControl), i guess 9th place is good for him.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Here's some starters.

First and foremost, he is indeed, a male ninja so he already has awesome normals. He walks faster than any character in the game which enables him to extend juggle combos a bit, enabling to score right around 50% from a JP to popup on just about anyone. You should be able to get at least 3 juggle jabs after a pop up easily on anyone, which many other characters can do, so try for 4 on many, and 5 on some (Jax, Stryker, Sub, Male Ninjas etc). The fact that he walks fast essentially allows him to get 1 or 2 extra juggle jabs on any character, so don't treat as if he should be able to juggle anyone across the screen. He has Kano's combos so he has a variety of options. He can do the low starting knee lift pop up the ground, or swap to the 4 hit pop up on a jump in and gain significant damage.

On certain stages you can take advantage of his lack of color. He doesn't take chip damage on combos after the first hit which is a huge benefit, on top of that he takes approximately 75% of normal damage, ie: uppercut = 16% vs 21%. The fact that he has no special moves really makes you focus on normals, combos, and relaunch juggles, since he can relaunch everyone. Take advantage of what you can. His greatest asset is the low damage.

Basic combos:
HK, LP, aaHPHP, aaHP, JK/HK/ or LK - 6 hits 31%/30%
JPS, HP, HP, D+LP, DHP, aaHPHP, aaHP JK/HK/ or LK - 9 hits 48%/46%

Basic Corner combo:
HP, HP, D+LP, DHP, JK, RH, LK - 7 hits 44%

Advance combo example:
JPS, HP, HP, D+LP, DHP, aaHPHP, aaHP, aaHP, aaHP, HK 11 hits 54%

Advanced corner combo example:
JPS, HP, HP, D+LP, DHP, aaHPHP, JK, RH, HK - 10 hits 63%

Male Ninja Teleport Punch punisher:
aaHPHP, aaHP, aaHP, aaLP, HK - 7 hits 45%

So mess around with extra jabs using run to cancel them, the least jabs you can get is on Sheeva (not worth trying more than 2), the most on Jax (up to 5 HPs and 1 LP within reason), everyone else is in between. Also notable, Liu, Shang, Kung, etc, are difficult to get multiple juggles on.

On a side note, I think the damage Noob takes would be great if all the characters took it. It would be somewhere between UMK3 and MK9 damage, extend matches a bit, and make it a little harder for characters who rely largely on pressure mistakes like Kabal and Human Smoke.

ded

Elder God
great stuff friend! here are some things to add:

run cancel with back is amazing strat with noob because his speed. he also can knee jabs few times against some characters. he can relaunch everyone and his throw does a lot of damage. sometimes he can be used as a zoner.

against some characters there is a mind strat with rj, rj, 2-3 hits of blocked punch combo, then just walk in and repeat.

ded

Elder God
for c.lp you need special setup, which some characters dont have, otherwise it would be universal