What's new

Noob Saibot Tournament Variation Combo Thread

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Pretty sure optimal is :

113xxdu amp, dash cancel 113, b11+3xxdu

It’s like 403 I think.

In the corner you can do the same thing, or I like :

113xxdu amp, dash cancel s4xxdb4, 113xxbf2 which is 408.

Meterless I do 212, f3xxdb4,113xxbf2 a lot. You can sneak a d1 in there or a s1 too. You can do s4 instead of f3 just a lil tighter but I think more damaging.

Cashual

One thing I want to promote for all you fellow shadow throwers, don't try to optimize your combos by adding in d1's, 1's, d3's, shadow tackles, etc. With breakaway being how it is in mk11 at the moment trying to push a little bit extra damage isn't worth it. Mk11 is a different beast than Mk9 or Mk X.

We want good damage, but it needs to be consistent and safe. We need to use strings that when it gets breakawayed we're not left standing there to eat an incoming combo. B1, 1+3 is a great move as it restands and leads into a teleslam which can not be break awayed.

Unfortunately it is hard to avoid putting the opponent in the air as all of Noob's combos juggle. Hopefully NRS will take people's criticisms about breakaway being used too much during matches. People have been discussing the issues with it since the Beta.

Last night when I was playing at a friends house, my friends would breakaway whenever I would catch them in a combo that I would extend with tele-slam and my corner carry would be cut short. It would happen an average of 2 times during a round. Good thing f2,2 receivers relatively quickly.

If y'all disagree please let me know. We all need to do out best to make this character the best he can be.
You just have to be aware of their meter, and go with safety combos when you read a breakaway. Like, do amp tele slam and then just d2. You do a bit of damage and recover before they get up. Then, they’re out of resources for wake up and you’re free to meaty on wake up. Next touch you do after you’re getting 40%.

To me 2 touches for about 60% still pretty good.

But you’re right, some characters have grounded damaging combos which is a big strength, no doubt about it. It’s not breaking for noob though imo.

Also, a lot of noob strings have verrrrrry generous windows for continuing his strings so you don’t bave to hammer them out all at once like Erron Black or kitana b231. So slow down the inputs and hit confirm. Experiment with how long you can delay b11+32 or f2212

Last edited:

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Pretty sure optimal is :

It’s like 403 I think.

Meterless I do 212, f3xxdb4,113xxbf2 a lot. You can sneak a d1 in there or a s1 too. You can do s4 instead of f3 just a lil tighter but I think more damaging.
Optimal is damage, at least in the corner. You should always end in b1, 1+3 xx spirit ball for the re-stand and frame advantage. It's a great way to take away your opponents wake up options.

You just have to be aware of their meter, and go with safety combos when you read a breakaway. Like, do amp tele slam and then just d2. You do a bit of damage and recover before they get up. Then, they’re out of resources for wake up and you’re free to meaty on wake up. Next touch you do after you’re getting 40%.

To me 2 touches for about 60% still pretty good.

But you’re right, some characters have grounded damaging combos which is a big strength, no doubt about it. It’s not breaking for noob though imo.
That's exactly what I do now! I find breakaways less of an issue now than I did at first, because people will use wake up options when they can; however, I tend to end combos in B1, 1+3 and remove their ability to use wake up options, so they tend to have meter for breakaways. I don't mind wasting the 1 meter sometimes though. Since Noob is neutral heavy we build up the meter back quickly enough to spare a few bars during a match.

Cashual

Optimal is damage, at least in the corner. You should always end in b1, 1+3 xx spirit ball for the re-stand and frame advantage. It's a great way to take away your opponents wake up options.

That's exactly what I do now! I find breakaways less of an issue now than I did at first, because people will use wake up options when they can; however, I tend to end combos in B1, 1+3 and remove their ability to use wake up options, so they tend to have meter for breakaways. I don't mind wasting the 1 meter sometimes though. Since Noob is neutral heavy we build up the meter back quickly enough to spare a few bars during a match.
Yup great points, and yea I was talking for raw damage. The restand is good. I edited my post above as you were posting about how long the window is to continue noobs strings

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Yup great points, and yea I was talking for raw damage. The restand is good. I edited my post above as you were posting about how long the window is to continue noobs strings
The time to confirm is true except when you try to cancel upknee off of either f3 or standing 4 when you're juggling the opponent. I find that you have to cancel as soon as the standing 4 or f3 hits. It can get a little annoying online.

ErmacMKX

Noob
Pretty sure optimal is :

It’s like 403 I think.

How do you connect the 113, b11+3?

Dante

Noob
First hit of 113 gotta whiff.
So normal size chars (ex. Scorpion) you gotta input it as ff113.
Women input f113
Bigs not sure but 113 works on some maybe same as women gotta test
If done correctly the first hit will whiff and the second one will hit high enough to allow b1 followup

Cashual

First hit of 113 gotta whiff.
So normal size chars (ex. Scorpion) you gotta input it as ff113.
Women input f113
Bigs not sure but 113 works on some maybe same as women gotta test
If done correctly the first hit will whiff and the second one will hit high enough to allow b1 followup
If you’re referring to the combo I posted, you don’t have to whiff the first hit of 113. It’s just a tight window kind of.

To do it I do the ex tele slam, input dash, and cancel the dash with 113. The timing for the 113 and b11+3 is tight. You have to land the 113 at the height where the 3 doesn’t whiff beneath them but high enough where the gravity works for B1 to hit them.

Cashual

The time to confirm is true except when you try to cancel upknee off of either f3 or standing 4 when you're juggling the opponent. I find that you have to cancel as soon as the standing 4 or f3 hits. It can get a little annoying online.
Are you talking about in corner combos? That’s the only time I use it other than for anti airs so I don’t ever have to worry about confirming into it. But you’re right to get it to come out you have to commit to s4db4 as one input.

Dante

Noob
I know I was saying that for the guy above. Hitting all 3 hits of 113 is pretty inconsistent and not worth it I'd say. I've said numerous times that it's possible :/

Cashual

I know I was saying that for the guy above. Hitting all 3 hits of 113 is pretty inconsistent and not worth it I'd say. I've said numerous times that it's possible :/
Right on man, no worries, no need to take it personally, from how your post was worded, sounded like you were saying it wasn’t possible and I hadn’t seen your other posts.

Matix218

Get over here!
I watched toxin, bee, and flawedzilla and all of them are using 113~tp (amp), walk forward, f3, f2212 as their standard midscreen 1 bar bnb. It does like 35% and it is very consistent from what i have labbed. That is what I am using as my midscreen punish bnb currently

Cashual

I watched toxin, bee, and flawedzilla and all of them are using 113~tp (amp), walk forward, f3, f2212 as their standard midscreen 1 bar bnb. It does like 35% and it is very consistent from what i have labbed. That is what I am using as my midscreen punish bnb currently
This was the combo I “discovered” (meaning in the lab for myself not like invented it or something) and always did this combo until I learned the optimal. I rely on it quite a bit, and do it almost always on smaller/female characters.

I have wavered back and forth about whether the optimal is worth the chance of the drop. Man...it’s so satisfying to do the optimal but the dash forward f3, f2212 is so easy. The optimal combo is not easy. I find it harder to get consistently so far more so than any combos I did in mkx. Maybe it’s just me though.

Has anyone messed with something like 113xxdu amp, dashxxf3, b11+3xxbf1 for the restand? Not sure what the damage is but might be nice situationally or when you don’t want them to have getup options. Or maybe even after ex tele slam how about dashxxf3, b31+3 for side switch/cornering.

Can’t play or test right now. Can someone tell me the damage for those?

Also question: what are you guys doing after the restand b11+3xxbf1? Do you ever stop at b11+3? Can’t remember how adv they each are on hit. Ghostball os +5 on hit, yeah? How bout b11+3?

Matix218

Get over here!
This was the combo I “discovered” (meaning in the lab for myself not like invented it or something) and always did this combo until I learned the optimal. I rely on it quite a bit, and do it almost always on smaller/female characters.

I have wavered back and forth about whether the optimal is worth the chance of the drop. Man...it’s so satisfying to do the optimal but the dash forward f3, f2212 is so easy. The optimal combo is not easy. I find it harder to get consistently so far more so than any combos I did in mkx. Maybe it’s just me though.

Has anyone messed with something like 113xxdu amp, dashxxf3, b11+3xxbf1 for the restand? Not sure what the damage is but might be nice situationally or when you don’t want them to have getup options. Or maybe even after ex tele slam how about dashxxf3, b31+3 for side switch/cornering.

Also question: what are you guys doing after the restand b11+3xxbf1? Do you ever stop at b11+3? Can’t remember how adv they each are on hit. Ghostball os +5 on hit, yeah? How bout b11+3?
B1 1+3 is neutral on hit I believe, so you are def better off going for the +5 from ghostball

Matix218

Get over here!

If I am going for b1 1+3 after an amplified teleport i dont do anything else beforehand, I just straight up do starter, tele (amp), b1 1+3 into ghostball or another tele. I dont risk dropping it by trying to add in another normal unless i am in the corner or something

Dante

Noob
Dash f3 b11+3 stuff was my combo until I learned about 113 b11+3. Since 113 is easier and more dmging there is no reason at all to use f3.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Ive been labbing a corner kombo so 212 , 3, 113, b1 1+3 tele i feel its possible but havent gotten it to land yet has anyone had success using this . Before anyone jumps on my shit im in work so cant keep trying till later lol

Hitoshura

Head Cage

1,1,3 xx amp teleslam [dash] 1,1,3 [dash], 1,1,3 x shadow tackle is a hard combo to get off, but for me I find it difficult to cancel into shadow tackle. It has to be canceled when the 3 hits I believe and timing is strict. It seems the more you juggle in this game the hard it is to special cancel into moves. It's kind of strange.

I too use 1,1,3 amp teleslam, [walk forward] f3, f2,2,1,2 combo as my main punisher. You want something that hits hard for sure since we don't get many opportunities to open the opponent and smart players don't throw out strings that are punishable; however, you want something that is consistent enough to do, especially online. Since Noob hasnthis issue of landing damage, dropping a combo can be game changing for us.

As @Matix218 srated earlier, b1, 1+3 Grant's 0 advantage on hit. Leaves both players at neutral. You're better off ending it with spirit ball for the +5 advantage. After b1, 1+3 x spirit ball you can do a multitude of things. D3/d4 into throw, d1 (hit) into 1,1,3 in the corner since it hails if the opponent is mashing, d3/d4 into another d3, d3/d4 into f2/f2,2, d3/d4 into f2/f2,2, into a d1, d3/d4 into a back dash into b1, 1+3, or b2. The possibilities are endless. You just have to mix it up.

I always end my corner combos in b1, 1+3. It takes away the opponents wake up options which is huge in this game.
212, 4~bf1, d1, B1,1+3~EXtele, 113~bf2... 453.64

Highest 1 bar so far with no CB, FB or Interactable.
Glorious! What's the damage like with b1,1+3 restand? I'm at work and can't test at the moment.

Last edited:

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Do I have to do any micro dash for the 113, DU AMP, walk forward F3, F221~BF2? Always seem to drop the F2212 after F3

Cashual

Oh boy! Looks like spirit ball scales less than upknee does.
I figured it must because the AI loves spirit ball corner combos.

Someone asked about dashing before f3,f2212 and yeah, I always dash there but I’ve done it without. The most important thing is pausing a moment after the f3 so the whole string of f2212 lands.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I figured it must because the AI loves spirit ball corner combos.

Someone asked about dashing before f3,f2212 and yeah, I always dash there but I’ve done it without. The most important thing is pausing a moment after the f3 so the whole string of f2212 lands.
Thank you. I shall practice that